Ladies and gentleman

Justice

It's the same steeler line that was considered the weakest part of the team last year.  The only difference is a healthy Marvel Smith at left tackle

65001[/snapback]

The only difference is that the entire o-line is healthy. The Steelers' o-line last year was entirely decimated by injury--they had only two guys start all 16 games for them on the o-line (Hartings and Simmons) and had five different combinations of starters on the line. That's why they were so bad last season.

Whoever is saying their Oline is great did NOT watch that game yesterday. I did.

They collapsed on many occasion. And you know what Roethlisberger did (and this is gonna sound foreign to many of us), he MOVED when he felt pressure. HE MOVED AWAY FROM THE BAD GUYS.

HE MOVED.

HE's 6'5 240+lbs, and HE MOVED.

Hell, the SOB even ran in a TD.

He's a rookie, he's BIG, his Oline is NOT THAT GOOD, and he made due.

Agree 100% and I've been saying it all along. I believe that JP can get it done as a rookie. I watched the Stillers game and their line isn't all that. I think we know that JP is a more mobile QB than Ben so let's start the new era now. I mean we did give up maybe the 1st overall pick for the guy.

I dreamed last year of the Bills getting Big Ben. I was praying for it on draft day. Now he's becoming even better than I imagined (if thats possible). I sure hope JP rises up and becomes the QB we think he can be. I also watched alot of the Steelers game and the big guy moves very well and throws a great ball on the run. It's no surprise. He did the same stuff in college and killed everyone he played.

Stop saying that JP shouldn't play because "he's just a rookie".

64960[/snapback]

How about saying that JP is a rookie who has missed 10 weeks of practice and hasn't thrown a pass in a game situation (preseason) since mid-August?

I can't wait to watch the guy play either, but rusty and inexperienced isn't a good combination in the NFL. You might be able to get by by being one or the other, but not both at the same time.

Whoever is saying their Oline is great did NOT watch that game yesterday. I did.

They collapsed on many occasion. And you know what Roethlisberger did (and this is gonna sound foreign to many of us), he MOVED when he felt pressure. HE MOVED AWAY FROM THE BAD GUYS.

65020[/snapback]

I saw the entire Browns/Steelers game. And I know I didn't see unblocked guys go straight to the QB. Their o-line may not be spectacular, but they're not incompetent. They also do a lot better run-blocking than our o-line.

As for Rothlesberger's mobility, etc., it's unbelievable. It's actually strange watching him and then Bledsoe--they are identical re. physical tools. The only difference is that Rothlesberger has 10 times the amount of pocket presence and football IQ than Bledsoe. We have a poor man's Ben R.

How about saying that JP is a rookie who has missed 10 weeks of practice and hasn't thrown a pass in a game situation (preseason) since mid-August?

I can't wait to watch the guy play either, but rusty and inexperienced isn't a good combination in the NFL.  You might be able to get by by being one or the other, but not both at the same time.

65044[/snapback]

You also can't get away with being slow and dumb at the same time. Bledsoe won't ever get any faster or smarter, but JP will get more experienced and less rusty.

As a matter of fact wouldn't an average speed, weak armed, smart, and somewhat gutty qb be better than an incredibly slow, strong armed, dumb, somewhat gutty qb?

HE MOVED.

HE's 6'5 240+lbs, and HE MOVED. 

Hell, the SOB even ran in a TD.

He's a rookie, he's BIG, his Oline is NOT THAT GOOD, and he made due.

65020[/snapback]

Steve, I was there at the game and their line looked pretty good to me. The Browns brought the house at Big Ben, and they were able to get into the backfield at times, but this kid handled the pressure well. Look at how Staley was able to run on the Browns. Most of the time, the Steelers ran 2 or 3 times in a row and still were able to gain yards. This line is healthier now, and they are starting to come together.

Says it all right there, man.  Losman can't start fast enough.  Do I even bother putting the Bledsoe jersey on ebay, or do I leave it in the bushes I threw it into yesterday afternoon?

65155[/snapback]

Ummmmmm, Big Ben is a stud period. He's better than Losman. I'm not saying this now....as a matter of fact, I said it all last year, as I am an avid watcher of the MAC conference. I am from a MAC school, and I never have seen a player come through a MAC school as good as Big Ben. That includes Randy Moss, Pennington, and Leftwich. Big Ben dominated the MAC like on other player before including Moss.

His Miami (O.) team was pretty damn good last year. They were men among boys in the MAC and Big Ben rarely made mistakes in college. He is poised, and he is very accurate. He has the size......you could just tell he had something special last year when he played for Miami.

He will easily turn out to be the class of that draft class. I'm not sure how good Manning will be, and I think Rivers and Losman will be productive.....but Big Ben has all the tools and the head to be great.

Ummmmmm, Big Ben is a stud period.  He's better than Losman.  I'm not saying this now....as a matter of fact, I said it all last year, as I am an avid watcher of the MAC conference.  I am from a MAC school, and I never have seen a player come through a MAC school as good as Big Ben.  That includes Randy Moss, Pennington, and Leftwich.  Big Ben dominated the MAC like on other player before including Moss. 

His Miami (O.) team was pretty damn good last year.  They were men among boys in the MAC and Big Ben rarely made mistakes in college.  He is poised, and he is very accurate.  He has the size......you could just tell he had something special last year when he played for Miami.

He will easily turn out to be the class of that draft class.  I'm not sure how good Manning will be, and I think Rivers and Losman will be productive.....but Big Ben has all the tools and the head to be great.

65182[/snapback]

Can't say I disagree with you.

My brother graduated from Miami of Ohio in '89 and got me to start watching Big Ben 2 seasons ago. This guy is the real deal.

Steve, I was there at the game and their line looked pretty good to me.  The Browns brought the house at Big Ben, and they were able to get into the backfield at times, but this kid handled the pressure well.  Look at how Staley was able to run on the Browns.  Most of the time, the Steelers ran 2 or 3 times in a row and still were able to gain yards.  This line is healthier now, and they are starting to come together.

65079[/snapback]

I 100% agree that they are not nearly as inept as the Bills line. They were, however, not perfect, and BEn did feel some heat. I just believe (completely believe) that a guy with mobility (see big ben or jonathon paul) is what we need.

We are NOT going to get 5 new OLinemen, and that's what Bledsoe needs. Just getting a great new guard or tackle wont do it. He needs 5 all pros in front of him.

So, to those saying TD is at fault is saying that he should draft OLine picks 1-5 next year.

How about instead we just get rid of the statue, and get JP in here as soon as he is ready.