Joe McKnight (No. 1 HS RB)

Peter

The number one rated high school running back, Joe McKnight, signed with USC.

Have any of you guys seen him play?

By the way, USC signed the top two rated rbs out of high school. Last year, as I recall, USC signed two of the top five rbs in the country. The rich get richer.

Sorry but there is NO WAY Notre Dame's class can even touch USC's. ND has a solid collection of offensive talent, their ranking gets a major boost because of 5*QB Jimmy Clausen being so hyped. They, as usual, get no defensive impact players. USC has a monster class, can almost rival Florida's. ND has also been losing alot of guys today, top 15 class, not top 2 like USC.

hey, like i said, i hadnt seen any comparisons. just knew that i saw something about the great class ND has coming in.

i just saw NOW on espn's front page that they rank the recruit classes:

1 Florida

2 USC

3 Texas

4 South Carolina (?!?!?!?!)

5 Notre Dame

Yeah Spurrier really landed a great class at South Carolina(And to think, the states best player went to Florida)....I follow recruiting alot and I've learned that ESPN's rankings aren't very reliable, you can't miss with UF and USC at the top, but they follow the big names rather than the truly good talents. ND's rankings are always inflated, on and off the field, and getting an INSANELY hyped QB like Clausen doesn't hurt. They call him a " 10 year prospect", I've seen alot of him, and I don't see that. But, who knows with any of these kids, half of them don't qualify or end up flaming out or getting lost among the depth charts at places like USC and UF.

Are you sure? I heard that he visited Bowden and WVU, but he also had visited Alabama within the past couple of weeks also.

edit: looks like your right

Devine withdrew his commitment from WVU. He was trying to decide betwwen FSU and WVU and not sure what happened but he is not signing with anyone. Its a shame the kid is ridiculous. Hopefully he comes to his cencus and signs with the Noles.

And by the way Florida had the best recruiting class in the nation, even though USC grabbed the top 3, that shows you how much depth UF got. I HATE THE GATORS!!!

Yeah his status is up in the air, as of right now its a soft verbal to WVU, but he's probably heading to prep school which means he won't end up there. From what I've read he's had a pretty rough life and doesn't really like the spotlight and isn't comfortable with all the press he gets, he used to live with Deion Sanders in Texas but got homesick real fast, took Deion's escalade and drove himself to the airport, left the keys the car however, nice kid.....I think he ends up staying home at FSU, they've been on him for years and never waivered when everybody else did, plus he's got 2 kids(Maybe Devine is one of Willis' random kids) and will probably want to be around them. I guess we can forget about Marv drafting him in 3-4 years :thumbsup:

they just re-did the rankings:

1 USC

2 Florida

3 Texas

4 South Car

5 TENNESSEE

flip-flopped the top after McKnight's announcement. not sure what caused Tenn to leapfrog ND

for what its worth, ive hated the other 2 Clausen brothers and always cheered against them and that isnt changing for Jimmy either

USC and Notre Dame have SICK recruiting classes coming in this season.

im not sure of both lists but id venture to say, from what little ive seen, that the Irish class is even better.

"That school" has a good recruiting class, but not better than USC, who got 3 of the top 14 (1st, 2nd, adn 14th) RB prospects in the nation. And that was just for starters.

Devine is going to have a problem qualifying.

Also, Deion Sanders was whispering in his ear to not sign with WVU.

Yep. Deion's 11th hour interference seems to be swaying the kid. Then again, after his test results come back (it makes no sense that it takes 4 weeks for a college to get his test results!!), Rodriguez may not even want him. They say he is to football what Carmelo Anthony was to basketball, in terms of their academic ability.