2003's Mock Bills Off-season.

Re-sign- S/LB/ST Coy Wire (He is very versatile and enjoys Buffalo), G/T Mike Gandy (He is one of the leaders of the line and will continue to jell with the other guys), RB Anthony Thomas (He is a blue collared, run in between the tackles, smash-mouth Buffalo type of guy.), Anthony Hargrove (He is a rising star with loads of enthusiasm), CB Jabari Greer (He has blazing speed and is needed for depth)

** Kelsay is not needed because Hargrove is developing into an outstanding player and Denney is pretty solid. Clements will end up signing a monster contract somewhere else. So, Marv and Co. will have plenty of cap room to sign a big name or two.

Signings

OG Eric Steinbach- Mr. Levy is all about winning at the lines. I was listening to Ho. Simon and Jerry Sullivan today, they both said that Ralph is willing to break the bank this off season. Well, he's gonna break that bank allright. Steinbach will sign a pretty hefty contract, but it will be well worth it. It will improve both the rushing and passing attack.

CB Travis Fisher- He has previous experience with Perry Fewell. Hopefully, that chemistry will want him to sign in Buffalo and play well. He's got blazing speed and would compete for the #2/#3 corner spot.

LB Boss Bailey- He played under Dick Jauron a few seasons back and hopefully he can be lured to sign here. He is a freak of nature with great athletic abiltiy (48 inch vertical and 4.35 40). I think he could flourish with the cover-2 scheme.

Draft

1. DT Amobi Okoye- He has the potential to be a perennial Pro-Bowl DT. Once again, Marv wants to shure up the lines. I think Okoye will be the missing piece in the undersized DT puzzle. He will fit in prefectly with Tripplett, McCargo, and Williams. Also, John Gruden befriended him, so you know he's a good guy.

2. TE Zach Miller- People are saying this guy is the next Todd Heap. He will open up the passing game and take some pressure off Lee Evans.

3. WR Jason Hill- He is a prolific WR who many call and "overachiever" with limited athletic abilities. What the he!! is an "Overachiever", if you do great, you're great. I think this guy will be one of the steals of the draft.

4. RB Lorenzo Booker- Willis's future is in doubt in Buffalo. Booker has all of the physical tools to be a good RB and he is a good guy off the field. He will come in and be a good change of pace back.

6. FB Le'Ron McClain- He is a solid blocker who can also catch the pass.

7. WR Matt Trannon- He is 6'6 and is on the basketball team, I'd roll the dice on a guy like that any day of the week.

Depth Chart

QB

1. JP Losman

2. Craig Nall

3. Tory Woodbury*

RB

1. Willis McGahee

2. Lorenzo Booker

3. Anthony Thomas

FB

1. Brad Cieslak**

2. Le'Ron McClain

WR

1. Lee Evans

2. Jason Hill

3. Roscoe Parrish

4. Peerless Price

5. Josh Reed

6. Matt Trannon

TE

1. Robert Royal

2. Zach Miller

3. Kevin Everett

LT

1. Jason Peters

2. Brad Butler

LG

1. Mike Gandy

2. Aaron Merz

C

1. Melvin Fowler

2. Duke Preston

RG

1. Eric Steinbach

2. Duke Preston

RT

1. Terrance Pennington

2. Brad Butler

LE

1. Anthony Hargrove

2. Ryan Denney

DT

1. Larry Tripplett

2. Amobi Okoye

3. John McCargo

4. Kyle Williams

RE

1. Aaron Schobel

2. Ryan Denney

LOLB

1. Boss Bailey

2. Keith Ellison

3. Coy Wire

MLB

1. Angelo Crowell

2. Mario Haggan

3. John "It's not Delivery" DiGiorgio

ROLB

1. Takeo Spikes

2. Keith Ellison

3. Coy Wire

CB

1. Terrence McGee

2. Ashton Youboty***

3. Travis Fisher

4. Jabari Greer

FS

1. Ko Simpson

2. Jim Leonhard

SS

1.Donte Whitner

2. Matt Bowen

K

Ryan "Money" Lindell

P

Brain "Da Boot" Moorman

* He's making the team this year, dammit!

** I think Cieslak played pretty well at FB this year, and would be a good FB for years to come.

*** Many people fail to realize that Ashton Youboty has the talent to be the next Nate Clements.

Just check out his NFL.com draft profile, these guys rave about him: http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2006/youboty_ashton

Re-sign- S/LB/ST Coy Wire (He is very versatile and enjoys Buffalo), G/T Mike Gandy (He is one of the leaders of the line and will continue to jell with the other guys), RB Anthony Thomas (He is a blue collared, run in between the tackles, smash-mouth Buffalo type of guy.), Anthony Hargrove (He is a rising star with loads of enthusiasm), CB Jabari Greer (He has blazing speed and is needed for depth)

** Kelsay is not needed because Hargrove is developing into an outstanding player and Denney is pretty solid. Clements will end up signing a monster contract somewhere else. So, Marv and Co. will have plenty of cap room to sign a big name or two.

Nice work :rolleyes: it looks like some things I've posted are starting to rub off on you. That said I have one disagreement as think we need more of a NT then a DT and rather see us land Alan Branch with our top pick.

*** Many people fail to realize that Ashton Youboty has the talent to be the next Nate Clements.

Many people fail to realize it because it's not anything resembling the truth.

I watched Youboty play a lot of ball in college and I really liked the way he played the game. The OSU staff asked a tremendous amount of him and more often than not he held up wonderfully under a lot pressure with a lot of resonsibility.

That being said there is absolutely no way in hell that Youboty is even remotely close to the caliber of player and athlete that Clements is. It is such a ludicrous comparison that I'm having a hard time figuring out how to even address it.

I like the guy as a player but if you're going to compare him to a Bills corner, he's way closer to being a Ken Irvin than he is to being a Nate Clements.

And while I like your offseason for the most part, there's no way I would want to see us going into the 2007 season with only 1 legitimate NFL OffenssiveTackle on the squad.

I think we'd all like Alan Branch but I believe 2003 thinks Okoye is a more realistic possibility. Branch is almost a lock for top 5 while Okoye is projected from around 9-15. I'll also add that I agree that Boss Bailey could really flourish in our D and create a vicious battle between Crowell, Spikes and Ellison for the remaining two spots. I don't think any move you made is pure fantasy and the only slight difference of opinion I have is that Cieslak is strictly a back-up TE and was our only option when Shelton went down. I like the Le'Ron McClain pick a lot as well and the only other change I would make is sign Daniel Graham as a free agent and focus on pass rushers and interior offensive lineman/maybe RT with our 2nd and 3rd round picks.

I was writing as you posted Simon but believe we are all close to being almost on the same page, especially with adding another OT in the 2nd or 3rd round, not on the 2nd day! :rolleyes:

Like many of us, ABranch was first on my wish list at the end of the season. But since he's not going to be there I'd really like the Bills to snag Levi Brown with thier first pick. I think that would give us a couple very, very good bookend OT's for the next 5+ years.

Cya

Many people fail to realize it because it's not anything resembling the truth.

:rolleyes:

I watched Youboty play a lot of ball in college and I really liked the way he played the game. The OSU staff asked a tremendous amount of him and more often than not he held up wonderfully under a lot pressure with a lot of resonsibility.

That being said there is absolutely no way in hell that Youboty is even remotely close to the caliber of player and athlete that Clements is. It is such a ludicrous comparison that I'm having a hard time figuring out how to even address it.

I like the guy as a player but if you're going to compare him to a Bills corner, he's way closer to being a Ken Irvin than he is to being a Nate Clements.

And while I like your offseason for the most part, there's no way I would want to see us going into the 2007 season with only 1 legitimate NFL OffenssiveTackle on the squad.

Well...it is one more legit OT than We are used to... :rolleyes:

Kelsay is not needed because Hargrove is developing into an outstanding player and Denney is pretty solid.

Unless Kelsey gets offers that the Bills think not worthwhile to match, I'd retain him. After a lengthy period of questions at DE, they finally have a servicable rotation.

4, almost 5(McCargo), rookies saw a LOT of starting time this past season on defense.

Youbotywasnt one of them. he wasnt even activated for most of the season.

He can definitely step in and replace our best CB of the past decade... :lol:

Didn't we lose Winfield awhile back?

4, almost 5(McCargo), rookies saw a LOT of starting time this past season on defense.

Youbotyw asnt one of them. he wasnt even activated for most of the season.

He can definitely step in and replace our best CB of the past decade... :lol:

Youboty sat out becuase he missed ALL of training camp (his mom died.) With a full off-season and training camp, he will be able to start next year. He probably won't be able to play at the Clements-like caliber, but he'll be good.

Unless Kelsey gets offers that the Bills think not worthwhile to match, I'd retain him. After a lengthy period of questions at DE, they finally have a servicable rotation.

I completely agree. Kelsay is a better defensive end than hargrove, and the Bills have what, 36 million in cap space? Who WILL they spend ot on to justify letting go of a DE who can rush the qb?