WHAT A GREAT SUPER BOWL!!!!

I was lights out mid way through the 3rd. Wife went to Bingo.

Went through the TIVO after the game, saw TONs of empty seats in the 4th.

More Chicago fans at the game?

Tons of turnovers, a dome ball team winning in the rain, Prince, no hateable teams, the predictable doom of Rex Grossman, how could you say it wasn't watchable?

r u serrious? the game was great, the peyton manning story notwithstanding. may not have been the prettiest game, but thats what made it so good...the players had to actually work for it. I have seen posts here criticising grossman, but save for 2 throws, this loss is not on him. the weather that should have worked in the bears favor, acually seemed to make their defence disappear...I really loved this game tonight, but i must admit, my heart was in it for peyton...i thought it was a great game, and i watched it with bears fans!!!!

i thought the number of empty seats was astonishing...i realize it was pouring rain but, good grief. the game was sort of a mess, but what do you expect in those conditions?

pouring rain + no real fans at the game, just mostly rich pricks = seats empty

EDIT: THIS POST IS GOOD IF YOU NEED SLEEP

I thought it was a good game. Was waiting to see if Colts would blow it on a turnover. And yes, it was much better than last years joke of a game.

The PATS vs PANTHERS was a hell of a SB!!

Last years was terrible followed by the Giants vs Ravens snorefest. This game was a good 1st half, followed by a decent first part of the 3rd. After that, its was over.

I hate all those rich corp guys getting tickets to the game, and not even giving a sh-- about it. Shoulda gave them to the homeless in INDY and CHICAGO. They woulda appreciated it more! :rolleyes:

i thought the number of empty seats was astonishing...i realize it was pouring rain but, good grief. the game was sort of a mess, but what do you expect in those conditions?

Has there EVER been a 4th quarter played in Dolphins Stadium where there weren't a bunch of empty orange seats in the crowd?

If you had Indy -7 or had any interest in the over/under, I'm sure you found the game exciting right until the end. Personally, I took the Colts and the under 48, and I would like to thank Tony Dungy for his excellent coaching decision to bypass the FG late in the game and keep the total at 46.

Personally, I loved the rain. And the early missed XP threw everybody's squares out of whack. Suddenly 7 wasn't a great number anymore...I thought it was great! Can you imagine if the game was in Orchard Park yesterday? It was blizzard conditions and there was a driving ban...I'm sure the NFL execs and other corporate-types would've loved that!!!

I actually was in Miami on December 25th for the Jets - Dolphins game for the Monday night football. The conditions were identical. I paid 75 bucks per tickets. The Superbowl attendees paid an average of 1000 bucks per tickets. I stayed and many of them left. Real football fans stay through the worst conditions. But when you have CEOs, celebrities, wealthy people, executives of sponsor/advertisers, etc. attending, what can you expect?

i thought it was one of the better Super Bowls in a while. probably the best one to watch of the millennium so far

I surely hope that was sarcasm. Games since 2000 which were much better:

XXXIX Feb. 6, 2005 New England 24, Philadelphia 21

XXXVIII Feb. 1, 2004 New England 32, Carolina 29

XXXVI Feb. 3, 2002 New England 20, St. Louis 17

XXXIV Jan. 30, 2000 St. Louis 23, Tennessee 16

It was a completely boring game. It wasn't even that entertaining when it was close.

I spent the last quarter and a half just wanting the players to stay in bounds so that we could get it over with and I could watch Peyton celebrate (and then that was boring).

WTF is Don Shula's problem? So he gets to carry the Lombardi trophy up to the podium. Goodell presents the trophy to Colts owner Ursay and leaves the stage to allow the Colts to enjoy the limelight. Don Shula??? Well, he stays up on the podium behind Peyton, and Dungy, and Ursay. Get the frig off the stage Donnie. Your time has long passed. If the Commish can leave the podium, me thinks you can too.