Concert Ticket Prices

dpbillsfan

I was checking out tix to go see Bob Seger next weekend and couldn't believe the prices. $63.25 for a ticket no matter if it's the front row or the last row. I could maybe see paying that for a great seat on the floor, but to have one ticket price that covers every seat even the sh------- ones. I took my 8 year old daughter to see Tim McGraw and Faith Hill last year and they had the stage in the center of the arena, and prices were even worse. $80 bucks for a ticket if you were in front of the four ramps of the stage no matter if front row or last row at the top of the arena or $55 if you were off to any of the four sides. I've only been to that one concert in the last 8 years and I guess it will be my last one with these prices unless I'm only buying one ticket for myself. :worthy:

I was checking out tix to go see Bob Seger next weekend and couldn't believe the prices. $63.25 for a ticket no matter if it's the front row or the last row. I could maybe see paying that for a great seat on the floor, but to have one ticket price that covers every seat even the sh------- ones. I took my 8 year old daughter to see Tim McGraw and Faith Hill last year and they had the stage in the center of the arena, and prices were even worse. $80 bucks for a ticket if you were in front of the four ramps of the stage no matter if front row or last row at the top of the arena or $55 if you were off to any of the four sides. I've only been to that one concert in the last 8 years and I guess it will be my last one with these prices unless I'm only buying one ticket for myself. :worthy:

Yeah - and those are the prices BEFORE all the service fees you pay for Ticketmaster, etc. And that's IF you can get the ticket at face value and go to the show - ever try and get a ticket to something like Springsteen or somebody who could sell out 10 shows but only plays for 1? Then you can't even get the tickets unless you go through a scalper and pay "market price" - usually a few hundred bucks.

Whatever happened to $15 shows at the Aud?

CD sales are WAY down, and have been on the decline for several years. The artists hardly make schit off of legal downloads...I think they get $0.12 out of the $0.99 per song on iTunes, but are probably only seeing $0.03 of that after managers, agents, studio musicians, etc. are factored in.

Mega-tours playing as many dates as possible and charging big bucks are the only real money-maker in the industry right now.

My wife and I are going to Vegas in a few weeks, and since she wants to see Celine Dion's show @ Caesar's while we're there, I bought tickets. For both of us, the tickets cost about $400.

Kinda makes that Bob Seger show look cheap by comparison, huh?

My wife and I are going to Vegas in a few weeks, and since she wants to see Celine Dion's show @ Caesar's while we're there, I bought tickets. For both of us, the tickets cost about $400.

I'm not even going to make fun of you. I just feel bad for you.

I'm not even going to make fun of you. I just feel bad for you.

I can't say I'm looking forward to it, but maybe I'll be surprised. It would suck to spend so much on a show I detest, but considering how I can't stand the way she oversings (every note takes 45 minutes, or so it seems), I'm not holding out much hope.

Kinda makes that Bob Seger show look cheap by comparison, huh?

If that doesn't prove you love your wife, nothing will, my man.

If that doesn't prove you love your wife, nothing will, my man.

Here's why I love my wife. If I told her that tickets to see her most favorite singer/musician in the whole world were $400, she'd say that was :worthy: ing crazy and she'd rather spend the night with me. :beer:

Here's why I love my wife. If I told her that tickets to see her most favorite singer/musician in the whole world were $400, she'd say that was :worthy: ing crazy and she'd rather spend the night with me. :beer:

I can't get her tickets to see her most favorite singer, since he's dead.

Maybe a seance would be cheaper. Hmm...

CD sales are WAY down, and have been on the decline for several years. The artists hardly make schit off of legal downloads...I think they get $0.12 out of the $0.99 per song on iTunes, but are probably only seeing $0.03 of that after managers, agents, studio musicians, etc. are factored in.

Mega-tours playing as many dates as possible and charging big bucks are the only real money-maker in the industry right now.

I agree, but to charge the same ticket price for a front row seat and a seat up in the rafters is insane. I guess if people will pay it they will keep doing it.

I can't get her tickets to see her most favorite singer, since he's dead.

Maybe a seance would be cheaper. Hmm...

Seeing my wife's favorite music is Celtic, Irish, Bluegrass we could see a live band buy dinner and drinks for all there and it would still be about a quarter of the $400 you're paying. That's just nucking futz!

Seeing my wife's favorite music is Celtic, Irish, Bluegrass we could see a live band buy dinner and drinks for all there and it would still be about a quarter of the $400 you're paying. That's just nucking futz!

To each his (or her) own, they say.

Haven't been to a concert in many years. Spending that kind of money never knowing the quality or length of performance is enough to make me spend my entertainment dollars elsewhere.

The only exception i would ever make is for Paul McCartney. I've always wanted to see him in concert.

PS Billy Joel is coming to HSBC Arena in April. $85 for all seats except for the 300 level at the opposite end of the stage. Those are ONLY $50.