Boston bomb scare today...

RayFinkle

This is my favorite part so far:

"Assistant Attorney General John Grossman called the light boards "bomblike" devices and said that if they had been explosive they could have damaged transportation infrastructure in the city."

Yeah and if my shoes were made of VX gas, they could kill people...

"OMFG... look out for yall's shoes!!!"

Menino ought to get ATHF residuals after this. I drive over the BU bridge twice a day and I never saw the damn things. None of this would have hit the airwaves without his over-the-top response (and the complicity of the Boston media). If we still had air raid sirens I have no doubt he would have set them off.

Because it was under the BU bridge. That kind of idiotic placement is exactly why these guys are in trouble.

This is really ridiculous. I can't see how these guys can get in that much trouble. They were in place for 2 freaking weeks. It was hilarious listening to it all on the way home yesterday, thank god it didn't affect my commute. This reminds me of super troopers with the cartoon logo on the pot. I'm pretty sure the bomb squad should have known right away it wasn't a bomb but everybody was panicking until almost 5 PM. Deval, Menino, they're all idiots.

Okay ECZ...tell me about Menino. Opie and Anthony rag on him all the time. The guy sounds like a complete blithering fool. I mean...not everybody can be a great orator, but this guy literally cannot speak! He makes Bush sound like JFK!!! And from what I understand, he administers his government with a manner thats as ham-handed and as sloppy as he looks and sounds.

What the hell is going on in Boston to allow such an incompetent (or whats seems like one) to run the City???!!??

What the hell is going on in Boston to allow such an incompetent (or whats seems like one) to run the City???!!??

Same thing that's going on in New Orleans:

1) elect incompetent local leadership.

2) blame federal leadership.

3) profit.

Has anyone in Boston yet bitched about how this incident highlighted the insufficient federal funds allocated to first responders in American cities? Because if not, it is coming...

Same thing that's going on in New Orleans:

1) elect incompetent local leadership.

2) blame federal leadership.

3) profit.

Has anyone in Boston yet bitched about how this incident highlighted the insufficient federal funds allocated to first responders in American cities? Because if not, it is coming...

And right after that, the mayor will try to tell everyone that all the Chocolate people need to return.

This is really ridiculous. I can't see how these guys can get in that much trouble. They were in place for 2 freaking weeks. It was hilarious listening to it all on the way home yesterday, thank god it didn't affect my commute. This reminds me of super troopers with the cartoon logo on the pot. I'm pretty sure the bomb squad should have known right away it wasn't a bomb but everybody was panicking until almost 5 PM. Deval, Menino, they're all idiots.

Overtime pay. :lol:

Did you see the "terrorists'" press conference today, Coli? It was !@#$ing genius, man. You'd have liked it.

Yup, genius pretty much nails it. Give the media nothing. A guerrilla marketing campaign that ended up becoming a social commentary on a fear-driven, paranoid society. It's performance art on so many levels it's practically sublime.

...because they are stupid. Oh yeah, and they have a little complex after a couple planes left Logan Intl. and flew into some prominent buildings here in the US.

The city that those planes hit the buildings in didn't panic. The blame rests squarely on the people who decided to shut down a city due to their incompetence. When you're the only one of 10 who reacts hysterically, it's you who has the problem, not the other nine. Arresting the guys who put them up is ridiculous.

I'm sure this will show up on Boston Legal sooner or later with Alan Shore saying how insane the panic is while Denny Crane sides with the mayor.

I was stuck in class all day yesterday (from around 7am until 7pm), so I was basically in a bubble. I had no idea what was going on (or being over blown) until I walked out to grab some late lunch around 4pm. I'm walking down Com Ave and I notice there are half a dozen helicopters hovering over the BU bridge, and a ton of state troopers were hanging around our campus.

I asked a guy on the street what was going on and he goes, "The man is collecting lite-brites across the city". I had no idea what that meant. For a moment I thought I had stepped into a 1960's spy movie. So I tried to get an answer from another pedestrian who informed me, "Al Queda is trying to blow up the Prudential building". Funny enough, there were no choppers circling the Pru, so I moved onto the third helpful stranger who proclaimed "The cops are trying to make me late for work ... again."

Strangely, I believed the last guy.