Penn State's Tony Hunt

Kuile

I think the Bills should give Tony Hunt a serious look. I know he lacks speed, but he has great toughness and vision. His performance in the Outback Bowl should show you everything you need to know about the guy. If he is hanging around without a home in the 4th or 5th round, which Kiper thinks may happen, I say we take him. A-train won't be around forever and Hunt gives us a clock-eating option.What do you think?

I think the Bills should give Tony Hunt a serious look. I know he lacks speed, but he has great toughness and vision. His performance in the Outback Bowl should show you everything you need to know about the guy. If he is hanging around without a home in the 4th or 5th round, which Kiper thinks may happen, I say we take him. A-train won't be around forever and Hunt gives us a clock-eating option.What do you think?

Personally- I'd be very surprised if he lasted beyond the second round.

Yes- He'd be a great addition to the Bills!

Personally- I'd be very surprised if he lasted beyond the second round.

Yes- He'd be a great addition to the Bills!

True. That MVP award he picked up at the Senior Bowl yesterday didn't hurt his draft position any....

If he somehow goes to the 3rd . Snatch him up. He`s better than you think.

I love these "he had a good senior bowl" maybe we can get him on the 2nd day posts. they make me :rolleyes:

if he caught your eye then he also caught the eye of 32 NFL scouts

If you had seen more than one or two games of Tony Hunt as I have (yeah I'm a Penn State homer), you'd already know what a great back he is and will understand why he won't make it past the 2nd round (possibly the 1st)

With McGahee under contract for one more year and considering that Anthony Thomas would be a budget re-signing, I'd rather draft a player with a differing skill set than those two. I think they should draft a third down, all purpose RB who can make a defender miss a tackle and who is a credible receiving threat out of the backfield. Darius Walker of Notre Dame or Lorenzo Booker of Florida State would make nice additions to the Bills backfield and be better compliments to what they already have.

With McGahee under contract for one more year and considering that Anthony Thomas would be a budget re-signing, I'd rather draft a player with a differing skill set than those two. I think they should draft a third down, all purpose RB who can make a defender miss a tackle and who is a credible receiving threat out of the backfield. Darius Walker of Notre Dame or Lorenzo Booker of Florida State would make nice additions to the Bills backfield and be better compliments to what they already have.

Good point. I'd also throw in a bruiser FB. Lots of people have mentioned Leonard from Rutgers. If we're looking for a bruising blocker for 1st and goal or 4th and 1, I'd take Cory Anderson (6-3 260 Tennessee) in the 2nd-3rd.

Hunt is a good pass protector, but not the explosive type. He's probably more similar to Willis--but less dancing before he hits the hole.

Hunt will be gone by the 2nd round. I expect his stock to keep rising the closer we get to the draft.

Yes we did take WM over LJ. I think LJ went 2 picks later. I bet the silver fox would of liked to have that one back. We also passed over Steinbach.

Hunt will most likely not fall any further than the top of Round 3.

He looked very good at the Senior Bowl. But honestly, I thought Kenny Irons was more impressive during the workout week and in the game. Nobody talks about him though because he only took a few carries since the South was playing catchup all game.

I like him a lot and I like Leonard of Rutgers a lot. However....we have other needs and McGahee is good enough to take us to the playoffs if we fix our lines. At fullback the Cieslak experiment appears to be pretty successful. the criticism of Leonard is that he isn't a good blocker, which would turn me off. Hunt is definitely going to be a good choice for someone in the first round or maybe at worst in the early second round. We HAVE to get a lineman or, as some are maintaining, a linebacker with the first two rounds. God forbid we may even have to get a cornerback if we don't keep Clements. I don't see us having much room to grab a running back this year.

The only difference is Hunt's about 6-2 239. I've compared him to Anthony Thomas/Stephen Davis.

I think when you only look at his height and size you may be justifed in comparing hunt to an Anthony Thomas or Stephan Davis, but he's really a lot more explosive then that. Don't get me wrong, you're not going to confuse him with Reggie Bush, but he does play fast. He hits the holes fast and hard, rarely gets taken down by the first hit, and always seems to fall foward. I really like him and would love for the bills to get him, but unless it's round 3 or later, i don't see it happening unfortunatly.

I love these "he had a good senior bowl" maybe we can get him on the 2nd day posts. they make me :wallbash:

if he caught your eye then he also caught the eye of 32 NFL scouts

If you had seen more than one or two games of Tony Hunt as I have (yeah I'm a Penn State homer), you'd already know what a great back he is and will understand why he won't make it past the 2nd round (possibly the 1st)

Sorry, can't say that I've seen this Hunt guy play. Is he any good?