steinbach

Bash_Gash

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rotoworld reporting that the BILLS are possible suitors for Steinbach i fhe doesn't sign with the BENGALS. He would be a great acquisition.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...NFL&id=2516

how much u think he costs? bills had better spend some of the gobs of cap space they have or else they can expect even more non-sellouts next season.

Guards ain't worth the money. When are people on the wall going to understand what positions are priorites and which are not. Lets get a safety lets get a FB, Lets get a guard. Upgrade the most important positions and then get to the less important ones.

He'll be a buccaneer or a patriot. He's great, good for him hitting free agency but it won't happen. I saw a crapload of lineman we're having in FA and PS but other than that, I hope we pick him up and he could filll the hole of Villarial or Gandy *(which, since I'm from IUP, I think Gandy should go rather than Villiy, haha)

Guards ain't worth the money. When are people on the wall going to understand what positions are priorites and which are not. Lets get a safety lets get a FB, Lets get a guard. Upgrade the most important positions and then get to the less important ones.

I thought the most supposed weak part of the Bills line was the guard position (at least it's what everyone has been hinting at for quite some time now) so why not spend a few buck and bring in at least 1 good guard. I definitely get what you're saying though and agree that the money should be spend wisely.

My bad, but thank god you believe that. WE ARE SET at safety, we're fine, we weren't beat deep, we were beat in the run game and through fluke plays, Whitner and Simpson will be absolutely fine, they'll do great for a very, very long time. WE MEED a cheap guard, who can block the pass rush, because that is ALL we need. We'll be a playoff contender next year. I believe we're fine with a guard, but we need a FB really bad, which is why I think we should've kept Ricard, but this year we'll fish in FA or through the draft, I hate to post my thoughts but I almost guarantee this.

I agree guards aren't worth big money contracts. However we do need guards. I'd prefer a 2nd tier guys like david diehl or derrick dockery rather then spending huge money on steinbach. As far as free agency in general is concerned I'd approach it not going after big name guys, but young players who can contribute and possible starters while building the majority of my team via the draft.

I agree guards aren't worth big money contracts. However we do need guards. I'd prefer a 2nd tier guys like david diehl or derrick dockery rather then spending huge money on steinbach. As far as free agency in general is concerned I'd approach it not going after big name guys, but young players who can contribute and possible starters while building the majority of my team via the draft.

Thank you, I believe this too. I think that Dockery would be great at RG and that we're set otherwise. Think I'm on crack or whatnot, but I absolutely believe that one fix in our line will be great. I think Terrance Pennington is the future, Fowler is great, Peters if obviously great for years to come, Gandy's move to guard has been perfect, and we just need a LG. make fun of me, insult this thread, but he was drafted for a reason, and Pennington will pay attention and do great. The future? yes.

I'm certainly not in favor of breaking the Bank for an OG...At the same time the Bills must get better and more physical at OG next Season if they are going to take the next step...It's a definite Need...

I'm certainly not in favor of breaking the Bank for an OG...At the same time the Bills must get better and more physical at OG next Season if they are going to take the next step...It's a definite Need...

Yes it's a need that the Duke Preston can't fill, but we'll see? When does FA start anyways?

Ask Seattle if Guards are not worth the money. I think we need to make the line as good as possible as to create a great running game. I think the Bills shoukd draft a FB. The Leonard kid from Rutgers would be a good pick, if you ask me.

Just under the part that talks about Steinbach it mentions the Bills also having interest in Dielman. Given his style I would probably rather have Dielman. Steinbach seems to be the fan favorite and would be just fine, but Dielman is the better run blocker of the two. Since Peters shapes up to be better in the passing game I want a LG whose better in the run game.

Guards may or may not be worth the money but we surely can look at it another way, that the OL is worth the money, and we have a very cheap franchise LT, an embarrassingly cheap RT, and a relatively low priced C. Even if we break the bank for Steinbach, it won't be over what a lot if not most teams pay for their line and he will immediately make Pennington, Fowler, Willis and Losman a lot better. That's OL money well spent.

Now, whether Ralph and Overdork will spend the money is a totally different question.

It is my hope that this offseason the bills show they are committed to fixing the problems of the lines and overspend for some talent....

It doesnt have to bee Steinbach......there are other quality OGs out there.....

But they NEED to get somebody.......

As many have stated in this thread....you don't spend big money" on guards in free agency

is a maxim held by many of us(including myself) who think we know the "right" positions to spend money on.

Unfortunately....this supposed easiest of positions to fill has been a huge weakness on our team for several years.

This weakness actually threatens to stunt our offense and thus our teams progression into a playoff team.

Sure I hope we don't have to break the bank to fill the holes(either one or two) at guard-

but we have wasted money on some guards who have been complete sh-- the last few years(Anderson, Reyes)

and at this point they just need to bring the right person/s to finally solidify the line.

Due to past failures- it just makes me wonder what McNally's role is in all of this? Did he push for the Anderson and Reyes signings?

Who knows?

Rotoworld reporting that the BILLS are possible suitors for Steinbach i fhe doesn't sign with the BENGALS. He would be a great acquisition.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...NFL&id=2516

Any day now, rotoworld will report that the world is flat. :rolleyes:

The odds of Steinbach being re-signed by the B'gals are nil. They spent big $$$ to re-sign LT Levi Jones and TR Willie Anderson last year. Their #2 pick in the last draft - in anticipation of seeing Steinbach move on - was Andrew Whitworth, G/T from LSU. Also, 2004 4th round player Stacey Andrews (younger brother of PHI's Shawn Andrews) has had several starts at the guard spot.

And the odds are good that whoever signs Steinbach will do so because they want him to play LT...

I'd prefer a 2nd tier guys like david diehl or derrick dockery rather then spending huge money on steinbach.

Why? Why on earth would you say this? Our guards are pathetic. Remember last year when our secondary was said to be in such dire need? We went full throttle after DBs. Was that OK?

Steinbach and Peters would offer JP a super athletic left side. Do you think his game would improve. The thing is, Steinbach is very good, and Gandy sucks.

I would be all for signing Steinbach AND drafting an early right guard, because Villarial is 90 years old and brittle, and Preston sucks. Why not? We have almost 40 million dollars in cap room. What SHOULD we save the money for?

At some point, it would be great to not see our interior linemen blown up. We will not be a winning team until we can block for our rbs, protect our qb and stop teams from running all over us. Again, we have 40 mil in cap room.

Now is the time.

Why? Why on earth would you say this? Our guards are pathetic. Remember last year when our secondary was said to be in such dire need? We went full throttle after DBs. Was that OK?

Steinbach and Peters would offer JP a super athletic left side. Do you think his game would improve. The thing is, Steinbach is very good, and Gandy sucks.

I would be all for signing Steinbach AND drafting an early right guard, because Villarial is 90 years old and brittle, and Preston sucks. Why not? We have almost 40 million dollars in cap room. What SHOULD we save the money for?

At some point, it would be great to not see our interior linemen blown up. We will not be a winning team until we can block for our rbs, protect our qb and stop teams from running all over us. Again, we have 40 mil in cap room.

Now is the time.

Couldn't agree more Bill! We have the cap space, its a definite need...do it. We don't need another second tier guard like Andreson, Gandy, and Reyes. This will shore up the offensive line and then we can concentrate on defensive line, linebackers and fullback.

Any day now, rotoworld will report that the world is flat. :rolleyes:

The odds of Steinbach being re-signed by the B'gals are nil. They spent big $$$ to re-sign LT Levi Jones and TR Willie Anderson last year. Their #2 pick in the last draft - in anticipation of seeing Steinbach move on - was Andrew Whitworth, G/T from LSU. Also, 2004 4th round player Stacey Andrews (younger brother of PHI's Shawn Andrews) has had several starts at the guard spot.

And the odds are good that whoever signs Steinbach will do so because they want him to play LT...

I agree. The odds of him signing with Buffalo are between slim and none.

PS If the Bills wanted Steinbach in uniform, they would have drafted him several years ago instead of our GM acting like he is smarter than everyone else in drafting a 1 legged RB instead. :thumbsup: