C'mon Fido....

Experienced the whole dog-in-restaurant thing while visiting Germany. Kinda weird. I'd have to be pretty confident in my dog's behavior to attempt to pull that off.

Of course, they can smoke everywhere too.

Experienced the whole dog-in-restaurant thing while visiting Germany. Kinda weird. I'd have to be pretty confident in my dog's behavior to attempt to pull that off.

Of course, they can smoke everywhere too.

You have a dog that can smoke?

You have a dog that can smoke?

There was some type of ape in a zoo in Australia who learned how to smoke by watching the people as they smoked in front of his habitat. One day someone was finished with their ciggy, and Curious George went over and picked it up and started puffing away. The story made headlines, and soon, people started going to this zoo in droves and throwing lit cigarettes into his area. I'm not sure if the video is out there on youtube or anything, but he looked so funny. He seemed to actually know what he was doing...He would just be sitting on a rock and take a big drag, and then exhale a puff of smoke. Hilarious....Uhh...I mean, appalling.

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/01/25/Southpin...ience_not.shtml

Doggie experience not that appetizing

The city's first restaurant to become an official "doggie dining" site has second thoughts.

By ELENA LESLEY

Published January 25, 2007

ST. PETERSBURG - During a recent meal at Moon Under Water, diner Kenneth Safko noticed a "golden retriever that was having ..."

"Bowel troubles," his wife, Emily Safko, interjected. Though a server hurriedly mopped up the mess, "it just wasn't appetizing," Emily continued.

Such incidents drove Moon Under Water to stop serving dogs Jan. 11, just three months after becoming the first St. Petersburg restaurant to apply for a "doggie dining" permit.

"People were complaining," said owner Mark Logan. "Ultimately, we're here to serve people, not dogs."

Moon Under Water had been a dog-friendly establishment for years. Before the Legislature passed the "doggie dining bill" in June, which officially allows dogs to eat at outdoor restaurants, customers enjoyed meals on the patio with their furry companions.

But when the restaurant became a sanctioned dog dining establishment, it received a great deal of publicity - and unmanageable canine traffic.

"Before, we had three, four, five tables on a given day," Logan said. "Then, we were getting that many in an hour."

Canines crowded the outdoor space, creating an obstacle course. When tables weren't available, dog lovers and their pets hovered on the sidewalk, where barks and dogs urinating made dining less pleasant for everyone.

And, according to Logan and regular customers, some diners simply weren't controlling their dogs.

"One woman had her dog rolling on the table," Logan said.

Even though the doggie dining ordinance prohibits dogs from sitting on tables or their owners' laps, another customer refused to relegate his beloved pooch to the ground. Servers had to create a little seat for the dog using a cardboard box and towels.

After receiving complaints from customers and even the city that tables weren't properly sanitized and dogs weren't confined to their leashes, Logan decided doggie dining was too much hassle.

"We might lose a little business, but we needed to do it," he said. "Hopefully, the dog people won't hate me."

While they haven't boycotted the restaurant, some dog lovers have started to mobilize. When customer Rick Waterman learned of Logan's decision, he composed a petition.

"I walked in a couple weeks ago and saw a sign that said 'no more dogs,' " Waterman said. "I thought, 'Whoa, what's going on?' "

Though Waterman doesn't own a dog, he enjoyed meeting canines at the restaurant.

Waterman began distributing the petition at Moon Under Water on Sunday.

The petition garnered a handful of signatures before it was intercepted by management.

"It was posted on the host stand, and we took it down," said Katie Fawkes, a manager. "If they want to petition, that's fine. But they can't do it here."

A handful of other restaurants in St. Petersburg, including Bella Brava and Cafe Alma, have applied for permits.

In Tampa, the city passed an ordinance late last year allowing doggie dining, but no restaurants applied for a permit, according to land development coordinator Gloria Moreda.

Bella Brava hasn't encountered the same problems as Moon Under Water. Many diners even make reservations for their dogs to let the staff know they'll be coming, said Jenna Steeby, a host at the restaurant.

Bella Brava's staff said the restaurant has enough space between the outside tables to make doggie dining work.

Or maybe it's just been lucky. There will always be patrons who think canines and cuisine just don't belong together.

"It's the same reason they don't want kids squawking: People pay good money," said Wendy Smith, a regular diner at Moon Under Water. "They don't want to be tripping over dogs, watching them slobber."

Or do other things.

I lived in Belgium for two years, and brought my dog to all sorts of places that you can't in the States. It was great. We didn't have any problems, and I can't even think of a single time where there was a problem with a dog "doing their business" in the bars or restaurants.

I lived in Belgium for two years, and brought my dog to all sorts of places that you can't in the States. It was great. We didn't have any problems, and I can't even think of a single time where there was a problem with a dog "doing their business" in the bars or restaurants.

So, you enjoy the smell of Dog Shiit when you're eating, nice. Thanks for the clarification. Though, I do remember your posts from the past. How appropriate. :thumbsup:

So, you enjoy the smell of Dog Shiit when you're eating, nice. Thanks for the clarification. Though, I do remember your posts from the past. How appropriate. :thumbsup:

Reading comprehension is not a strength of yours, is it? Allow me to break it down for you:

He said:

"I can't even think of a single time where there was a problem with a dog "doing their business" in the bars or restaurants."

That means that there was never any dog shiit in the restaurants and hence no smell of dog shiit while he was eating, so your point was completely irrelevant.

Reading comprehension is not a strength of yours, is it? Allow me to break it down for you:

He said:

"I can't even think of a single time where there was a problem with a dog "doing their business" in the bars or restaurants."

That means that there was never any dog shiit in the restaurants and hence no smell of dog shiit while he was eating, so your point was completely irrelevant.

No, I understood it, you !@#$ing terrorist. I was busting his chops. Now, go !@#$ off!! :thumbsup: