Colts vs. Patriots

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Routes will be cut short to provide enough room to accommodate the scenario in which the ball is caught in the air.
So? What's so wrong about having to actually catch the ball in the endzone to earn your 7?

And what about sideline catches? Should a similar rule be in place there as well?

Absolutely.

But the league wil never do it because the fans want scoring, whether its artificially generated or not.

Makes "logical" sense to make it a black or white issue, but I feel that with such a rule, the net effect will essentially "reduce" the size of the end zone. Routes will be cut short to provide enough room to accommodate the scenario in which the ball is caught in the air.

And what about sideline catches? Should a similar rule be in place there as well?

I understand what you are saying. the problem isnt the rule itself per say, but the fact that its based entirely on a judgement call by an official is what i hate about the rule. one official would call a catch a TD, another would call it incomplete. perhaps change the rule a bit to require only 1 foot in bounds if they are pushed?

I love ya' Tony, but that was a stupid and pointless challenge that you had no chance of winning, nor did you deserve to.

That wasted TO could become a factor before this game is over.

And fwiw, the force out rule is stupid and pointless and does nothing but create problems with interpretation for officials. They should just dump that foolish rule instead of punishing DBs for using the sideline as a defender and knocking WR's out of bounds.

If you're in, you're in. If you're out, you're out. Period.

Actually, the first replay they showed it clearly looked to me that he had stepped out first. So I would have challenged, too. Plus, the ball comes loose when he was hit. That's a second thing they could have called back. It ended up that his heel was not out and they gave him the benefit of having possession but it was not a stupid challenge at all.