ieatcrayonz

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blind Willie Johnson is one of Americas greatest-

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendID=41725792

man I am hooked on Delta blues!

No kidding. Some of the best stuff ever written. "Who's that-a-writin'? John the Revelator." Not sure I'd get down to it but it's awesome music. Skip James, too. Wooo!

No kidding. Some of the best stuff ever written. "Who's that-a-writin'? John the Revelator." Not sure I'd get down to it but it's awesome music. Skip James, too. Wooo!

Skip James is incredible! Tommy Johnson. Lonnie Johnson. Robert Johnson. Blind Willie Mcgee. Blind Lemon Jefferson. Charlie Patton. Mississippi John Hurt. etc, etc. The 20's and 30's blues was the best! Not to mention all the great jazz going on- Louie Armstrong, Billie Holiday and Charlie Parker come to mind immediately- the 20s/30s might be the best musical period ever IMO

Skip James is incredible! Tommy Johnson. Lonnie Johnson. Robert Johnson. Blind Willie Mcgee. Blind Lemon Jefferson. Charlie Patton. Mississippi John Hurt. etc, etc. The 20's and 30's blues was the best! Not to mention all the great jazz going on- Louie Armstrong, Billie Holiday and Charlie Parker come to mind immediately- the 20s/30s might be the best musical period ever IMO

Do you have the Harry Smith Anthology? Sounds from your tastes like you must. If not, check that out, and some John Fahey (who was a big-time scholar on the Masked Marvel and curated his box-set).

Do you have the Harry Smith Anthology? Sounds from your tastes like you must. If not, check that out, and some John Fahey (who was a big-time scholar on the Masked Marvel and curated his box-set).

I just added the Anthology and some Fahey to my Amazon wish list, thanks for the tip! Blues and Jazz history should be a mandatory class in high school IMO. It is true American culture and the purest American art form

Squeezebox, by The Who. :thumbsup:

Mama's got a squeeze box she wears on her chest and when Daddy comes home, he never gets no rest.

'Cause she's playin' all night And the music's alright. Mama's got a squeeze box, Daddy never sleeps at night.

Well the kids don't eat And the dog can't sleep. There's no escape from the music In the whole damn street.

'Cause she's playin' all night And the music's all right. Mama's got a squeeze box, Daddy never sleeps at night.

She goes in and out and in and out and in and out and in and out.

'Cause she's playin' all night And the music's all right. Mama's got a squeeze box, Daddy never sleeps at night.