Willis Responds

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe it took 3 pages before someone brought it up.

Willis Mcgahee wouldn't be facing any of this criticism if he stepped up his game.

Which shows perfectly how utterly stupid this criticism is. Now, his game, however, deserves a lot of criticism, but that has been well covered already.

I promised myself I wouldn't do this, but what the hey... I'm bored.

"I'd take a Kenny Davis in his prime over McGahee any day."

Well as long as we're randomly picking players, I'd take Franco Harris over Willis too. What's the point of selecting players at random and comparing them to Willis?

To demonstrate, via comparison, why displeasure with McGahee exists, and is valid. Did Kenny Davis have an attitude problem? Was Kenny Davis an off the field disctraction? How about Riddick or Jamie Mueller, picking a random player was exactly my point.

"McGahee's just not a likeable guy"

There's at least 3 chicks with babies that would disagree with you (or at least would have). I imagine there's a few others that like him as well, somewhere. Bottom line is, you're integrating your personal opinon into an arguement that doesn't require it.

True, I guess no arguments require personal opinion. I do think the front office, however, has no compunction against using personal opinion in evaluating players, and of course their opinions mean a lot more than any of ours. This is a message board, and we do share personal opinions.

Not to mention the fact that I'd warrant a guess that you don't know Willis on a personal level; therefore, your like and dislike are based on incomplete data.

And even people who *know* other people often don't know them. Sports teams *ought* to consider their fan's opinions when it comes to likeability, don't you think? If a player suggests that the Bills ought to leave Buffalo and that turns off thousands of fans, that's objective reality. The Bills would be foolish to ignore the objective reality of unhappy fans.

I'm not saying by the way that McGahee is a crap back, or that we need an upgrade at running back. I'm simply saying that we have a damn good shot at getting a hell of a year out of a guy playing for a $25 million dollar contract somewhere. I'd prefer it to not be here, but that decision can be put off another year. Is he capable of a 1600 yard season? Sure. Mike Anderson had a 1600 yard season a few years ago. No complaints out of me if McGahee has a hell of a year.

-Woolley

When he says family, is he talking about his three girlfriends and their kids??

My family and I have made our home here and enjoy the hospitality of the city. I am a proud member of the Buffalo Bills, we have the most loyal, supportive and dedicated fans in the world, and I cannot think of a better organization to be a part of."

Willis is good enough at RB to win a superbowl with.

However, NO rb is good enough to CARRY a team to the superbowl.

see: Ladanian Tomlinson, Barry Sanders, et al.

That's a pretty good point. There has not been a team where the running back was the focal point of the offense in at least ten years. Terrell Davis was the only one that won a SB MVP and there is no doubt that Elway was the main guy and player to stop on that team. It's true that RBs may be a dime a dozen but if you look close almost all of those teams had a Willis-esque kind of RB that season. Middle of the road, got 1000-1200 yards. Had good games and bad games.

At least a point to ponder.

Which shows perfectly how utterly stupid this criticism is. Now, his game, however, deserves a lot of criticism, but that has been well covered already.

Indeed...however, it seems that whenever someone criticizes Willis' performance on the field, you get a lot of "It's not him, it's the o-line!" and other related excuses from McGahee homers. It's hard to argue against proof of his illegitimate children and poor decision making off the field.

:):devil::lol::worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy::worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: (just wanted to see what it would look like)

Did the same thing on the Fins message board. :thumbsup:

Indeed...however, it seems that whenever someone criticizes Willis' performance on the field, you get a lot of "It's not him, it's the o-line!" and other related excuses from McGahee homers. It's hard to argue against proof of his illegitimate children and poor decision making off the field.

I heard that Mike Williams was supposed to get Willis condoms but was too lazy to go to the store.