24 Season Six Discussion Thread

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "damn Jack" reaction from Schroeder was great. That summed up things perfectly.

I loved that scene. They pan from one dead guy to the next, finishing up with what's his name hanging by his neck from a chain (a la "Karl" in Die Hard at the hands of Bruce Willis), and then Ricky drops the two words that said it all....good stuff :D

Best episode of the season. Best episode in years maybe. I thought 24 had nowhere left to go but that last shootout and fight scene was intense. The huge homage to Die Hard was awesome too.

Throwing Audrey and the Chinese in in the last minute was a little goofy but that finale was so badass that I really don't care.

I agree that it was a terrific episode. It's amazing how good the action can be on an hour long show -- it's what makes 24 so damn addictive.

The episode was written by David Fury, who was fired from LOST at the end of season 1 despite writing some of the best episodes (Hurley's first backstory which introduced the numbers, Locke's first episode 'Walkabout' and Claire's first back story with the psychic). He got picked up last season by 24 and now is one of the show's co-executive producers. The rumor always was he was let go from Lost for being too "supernatural" (his background includes writing for both Buffy and Angel prior to Lost) and yet now he is writing for a serialized cop show.

Just kinda funny.

I agree that it was a terrific episode. It's amazing how good the action can be on an hour long show -- it's what makes 24 so damn addictive.

The episode was written by David Fury, who was fired from LOST at the end of season 1 despite writing some of the best episodes (Hurley's first backstory which introduced the numbers, Locke's first episode 'Walkabout' and Claire's first back story with the psychic). He got picked up last season by 24 and now is one of the show's co-executive producers. The rumor always was he was let go from Lost for being too "supernatural" (his background includes writing for both Buffy and Angel prior to Lost) and yet now he is writing for a serialized cop show.

Just kinda funny.

This was the best episode of the season so far, imo.

Can someone explain to me what happened this week in 24. Down here in Argentina they're JUST starting season 6. LOL!

Jack stopped the terrorists and the next 30 minutes documented an intimate celebratory menage-a-trois between him, Morris and Chloe. Fox really toyed with the sensors with this one.

Jack stopped the terrorists and the next 30 minutes documented an intimate celebratory menage-a-trois between him, Morris and Chloe. Fox really toyed with the sensors with this one.

I found it really unnecessary when they showed that move Morris did on Jack. You know the one I mean. I just didn't know a man could bend like that.

Ugh... :worthy:

Thanks for reminding me, after I'd finally been able to sleep at night.

JACK'S GONE ROGUE!! OMG!! OMG!! OMG!!1!

Where the hell is ol James Cromwell btw?

No kidding. This is a pretty weak end to the season, IMO. And if they cut to another close-up of the pervy VP's hands touching his young blond female clone I'm going to be sick.

No kidding. This is a pretty weak end to the season, IMO. And if they cut to another close-up of the pervy VP's hands touching his young blond female clone I'm going to be sick.

And the Chinese all of a sudden back in the picture and all of a sudden horseface isn't dead and they all of a sudden want the FBCSD83924 Circuit board in the Russian snukes and they just happen to call right after Jack makes the terrorists his personal B word once again for the first time is just a little sketchy in terms of plot flow. Although that episode was the best of this season, imo. But still, would ANY president in his right mind no matter how much he "owed" an agent authorize that operation to recover horseface when the board could be possibly turned over into chinese hands? No way. Especially after WWIII had just been averted....uh hell no.

And the Chinese all of a sudden back in the picture and all of a sudden horseface isn't dead and they all of a sudden want the FBCSD83924 Circuit board in the Russian snukes and they just happen to call right after Jack makes the terrorists his personal B word once again for the first time is just a little sketchy in terms of plot flow. Although that episode was the best of this season, imo. But still, would ANY president in his right mind no matter how much he "owed" an agent authorize that operation to recover horseface when the board could be possibly turned over into chinese hands? No way. Especially after WWIII had just been averted....uh hell no.

Not to mention the fact that the cards should really be in the Americans' hands considering the diplomatic consequences of holding hostage and threatening to kill the (admittedly, horse-faced) daughter of a US Cabinet member.

No way any President would go through with this. And notice how when it's useful to the plot they try to track a phone call but they didn't even attempt to here? Lordy.

So why does Jack actually need to bring the ciruit board with him anyway? Call the Chinese back and say, "Ummm yeah, I got your circuit board. Where should I drop it off and pick up Audry?.....Oh, okay, the abandoned warehouse by the river? I'll be there in 10 minutes."

Not to mention the fact that the cards should really be in the Americans' hands considering the diplomatic consequences of holding hostage and threatening to kill the (admittedly, horse-faced) daughter of a US Cabinet member.

They have no proof that she's alive though. The Chinese would just deny it if anyone asked. Hell, she's dead long before that phone call is made anyway.

and they all of a sudden want the FBCSD83924 Circuit board in the Russian snukes and they just happen to call right after Jack makes the terrorists his personal B word once again for the first time is just a little sketchy in terms of plot flow.

I'm going to go out on a limb here.....but the timing of the Chinese guy's phone call MAY have had something to do with waiting until Jack and CTU actually HAD the bombs