Hey LT

They beat you. They can gloat. Don't like it? Win the damned game.

Patriots were dancing in the middle of the field doing the Merriman lights out dance, thats classless! Take the win shake hands and head into the locker room, SIMPLE!

I thought rubbing wins in the other teams face belongs down at the University of Miami. I guess it to belongs in New England.

Gloating is one thing, but doing it in the middle of the field is another. Do it in the locker room with your team only.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should just let this comment die on the vine without a response, but you have to be kidding. LT is the class of this league as well as its best player. He was not sour grapes because of the loss at all, but sticking up for his team and his team's house after a classless celebration by the Patsies. Act like you've been there before New England (wait you have, so you don't even have to act). Like Emmett Smith running TO off of the Dallas star, I think LT getting worked up and standing up instead of sulking off the field with his MVP trophy speaks well of him, not poorly. You can win and you can lose, but you do it with respect for your opponent.

You know it is funny, as the game went on I started to actually root for the patriots. There is something you have to respect about Brady, he just kept getting up & fighting. I still hate NE but Im actually glad they won.

The Chargers act got old on me this year. They have acted all season like they are the next dynasty, but they have not won a dam thing yet. I said all along that Marty Ball is going to cost them in the end. They were cocky when they came here, had nothing nice to say about the bills, who actually should of beat them if it wasnt for the refs. If Merriroid wants to show up his opponent every time he gets a sack, expect a little of it back when you loose & basically are a non factor the whole game. I dont like Merrimen, I dont like AJ Smith, I dont like that idiot Shittenheimer & I dont like Rivers. Win something first, then you could start acting cocky. LT is a class act, just frustrated. He is still the best player in the league hands down.

Patriots were dancing in the middle of the field doing the Merriman lights out dance, thats classless! Take the win shake hands and head into the locker room, SIMPLE!

I thought rubbing wins in the other teams face belongs down at the University of Miami. I guess it to belongs in New England.

Gloating is one thing, but doing it in the middle of the field is another. Do it in the locker room with your team only.

The Merriman lights out dance is classless to begin with. Talk about being a hipocrite and a sore loser.

Wow.

I can't beleive im about to say this.

I really hate the patriots and i despise tom brady.

BUT,

Everyone, stop whining about this BS.

The Patriots were in the position of being counted out by everyone during the week.

They deserved to let off some steam after humbling a very cocky team on their field.

I have seen much worse celebrations on opposing fields and the only reason

we are talking about this is because of LT's immature behavior.

No he doesn't have the right to get in anyone's face after that loss because he

has to shine the light on himself and his teammates for for giving that game away.

You walk off the field and tell yourself that you'll get them next year.

Blaming the wrong people takes your focus off what the real problem is.

I don't care what anybody on this board or the media says.

LT showed his supreme immaturity and lost a lot of my respect.

Hopefully he learns from this and doesn't display this kind of attitude again.

But Brady and the patriots deserve all the credit that comes there way because they took

advantage of opportunities late in the game. It doesn't matter how the rest of the game went.

LT had better learn that lesson.

You know it is funny, as the game went on I started to actually root for the patriots. There is something you have to respect about Brady, he just kept getting up & fighting. I still hate NE but Im actually glad they won.

The Chargers act got old on me this year. They have acted all season like they are the next dynasty, but they have not won a dam thing yet. I said all along that Marty Ball is going to cost them in the end. They were cocky when they came here, had nothing nice to say about the bills, who actually should of beat them if it wasnt for the refs. If Merriroid wants to show up his opponent every time he gets a sack, expect a little of it back when you loose & basically are a non factor the whole game. I dont like Merrimen, I dont like AJ Smith, I dont like that idiot Shittenheimer & I dont like Rivers. Win something first, then you could start acting cocky. LT is a class act, just frustrated. He is still the best player in the league hands down.

same thing went through my head as the game progressed

I don't want to see Manning win the next game either. I want to see him pick up Marty's rep.

Sinking to new level: Pats’ class takes hit

By Karen Guregian

Boston Herald General Sports Reporter and Columnist

Monday, January 15, 2007 - Updated: 05:17 AM EST

SAN DIEGO - When Nate Kaeding missed the potential game-tying field goal with three seconds to play yesterday, Patriots [team stats] players looked a lot like the U.S. Ryder Cup team when it stormed the green at The Country Club after Justin Leonard’s 45-foot putt sank Europe in 1999.

Patriots vs. Chargers

Slideshow: Highlights from Sunday’s game

Brady rallies Pats into AFC title game

Look Out Indy - the Patriots Are Coming

Box score: Pats vs. Chargers

San Diego, however, believed the Pats were even more ugly and obnoxious.

With time still remaining, they ran out to midfield and rubbed the Chargers’ noses in the 24-21 AFC divisional playoff loss.

They mimicked Shawne “Lights Out” Merriman, impersonating his post-sack celebration dance and taunting him with muscle-flexing gestures in light of his steroid suspension.

And several Patriots reportedly couldn’t resist shouting “Lights Out” into the Chargers locker room afterward.

Apparently, Rosevelt Colvin was one of the loudest taunters, evidenced by his hoarse voice following the game: “It is, I did a lot of taunting after the buzzer went off.”

The overall display was so in-your-face that LaDainian Tomlinson, widely regarded as one of the classiest, most well-respected players in the league, felt compelled to rip the Pats and coach Bill Belichick.

“I would never, ever, react in that way because I’m a very classy person,” Tomlinson said. “I wouldn’t react like that, so yes, I was upset. When you go to the middle of our field and start doing the things that Shawne Merriman is known for, that’s disrespectful. I can’t sit there and watch that. I was very upset, just the way they show absolutely no class. Maybe it comes from their head coach.”

Some may think Tomlinson, who refused to shake hands with the Patriots afterward, is a sore loser. But in many ways, he’s right; the Pats should act like they’ve been there before, just like Tomlinson does when he hands the ball to an official after scoring instead of showboating.

This franchise has won three Super Bowls. It’s been there, done that. Why start acting like children?

Sure, they were underdogs against the top-seeded Chargers. Sure, they felt disrespected during the week. And sure, Merriman is a bit over-the-top.

But that doesn’t mean they have to join him in the gutter.

Win the game, and move on. Celebration time is for after the Super Bowl, not before.

Even Merriman thought the Pats went too far.

“It was upsetting to see because they won three Super Bowls,” he said. “It’s like a guy on a fast break in basketball and dunking the ball and getting excited. You’ve won three Super Bowls. You don’t do that. That’s not showing any class at all.

“I’ve been mocked the entire season, so that didn’t bother me. They just didn’t need to rub it in. I think (Tom) Brady tried to tell them to get back off the field, and they got a penalty. But bottom line: I was probably more disappointed in the loss. I can’t worry about them being immature athletes.”

Fellow linebacker Shaun Phillips, however, wasn’t so forgiving.

“They’re classless,” he said. “I promise, this is something I won’t forget. Every time I play New England, it’s a personal grudge. They should take it personal against me, because I’m going to take it personal against them. Don’t come into our locker room and talk about, ‘The lights being out now. You didn’t pay the bill.’ That’s very disrespectful. When we beat their head in in New England (last year, 41-17), we didn’t say nothing. We didn’t do nothing but compliment them.

“We have class. And that’s how classless individuals act. But Shaun Phillips will have a personal grudge against them the rest of his career. If we would have beaten them, we would have taken our hats off to them and moved on.”

Which is exactly what the Pats should have done.

MARV - Let's make Phillips a Bill like yesterday!

MARV - Let's make Phillips a Bill like yesterday!

Taking about yourself in the third person isn't classy.

Saying you're so classy isn't classy.

Being worried about who's disrespecting who when one of your teamates

head-butted a Pat which helped give away the game for your team wasn't classy.

Those guys are the biggest bunch of wussies, no wonder why they choked.

I can't believe anyone's defending Shawn Merriman. The guy's a cheater, a classless junkie and a total arsehole. He DESERVES to be mocked. He acts like an epileptic retard after making a tackle.

So does the rest of the league. Its embarrassing. I'm to the point right now that it makes me sick when a guy gets a 20 yard gain and gets leveled by the safety or linebacker and the defensive player has the nerve to get up and show boat after getting burned for 20 yards. This sh-- makes me sick. Do your friggin job and go back to the huddle. I am all for the No Fun League. Like Chuck Bednarik said," You can put me in the most comfortable seat feed me steak and all the cold beer I want and I would still never watch football today, it sickens me." True.

Merrimen acts like an ass everytime he makes a tackle. They didnt seem to mind rubbing opponents faces in defeat all year when they were force feeding LT meaningless tds when the game was out of reach like they did against the Broncos & the Chiefs this year. Hey, what goes around comes around.

Yelling lights out you didnt pay the bill in their lockerroom is actually kinda funny.

I can't believe anyone's defending Shawn Merriman. The guy's a cheater, a classless junkie and a total arsehole. He DESERVES to be mocked. He acts like an epileptic retard after making a tackle.

Exactly right. That dance is very direspectful to his opponents. Also during the week he talked about giving Tom Brady a LIGHTS OUT tee shirt implying he will need one. This guy is a loser of epic proportion.

What I can't believe is how long this thread about classlessness has gone on without someone mentioning that it's creator wished death upon the Bills' owner a few short weeks ago and casually tosses out verbiage such as "retard".