Darien Lake to be sold by Six Flags

loadofmularkey

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070111/ap_on_.../six_flags_sale

Don't know exactly what that means for Darien Lake, but I always thought it was at least respectable that it had the Six Flags label attached to it. I personally haven't been there in maybe six or seven years.

Personally, I think Darien Lake is an overpriced joke and I has hoping that somehow it would be bought by the company that operates Cedar Point and other parks. Other than a couple of new waterslides, what has been upgraded in the last several years?

Personally, I think Darien Lake is an overpriced joke and I has hoping that somehow it would be bought by the company that operates Cedar Point and other parks. Other than a couple of new waterslides, what has been upgraded in the last several years?

No idea, like I said I haven't been there since '99 I think. The last major thing I can remember them putting in there is the Superman ride. Has there been anything else since then?

I actually worked at Darian Lake for a couple summers in the early-mid 80's - made fudge at Jim Garrahy's Fudge Kitchen (didn't pack it though....)

Haven't been back there once since.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070111/ap_on_.../six_flags_sale

Don't know exactly what that means for Darien Lake, but I always thought it was at least respectable that it had the Six Flags label attached to it. I personally haven't been there in maybe six or seven years.

I haven't been there since I was about 16 years old (aside from concerts at the PAC there). We used to camp with a a few friends as teenagers. At about 9:00, we'd go cooler-robbing and unhook the occasional trailer hookup.

I went to the park about two years ago with my bro, sis, and her husband who were all in from out of town. I had a REALLY good time. The coasters were good fun. It's not Cedar Point or Busch Gardens, or even one of the better Six Flags, but on a nice sunny summer day, it was nice.

Been to more than my share of concerts there...Used to be drunk (among other things) in the lot and then go sneak in through a little hole in the fence...Now I'm older and am employed, I still get drunk in the lot, but now I buy a ticket and stand there like a dweeb wearing my Dockers and golf shirt...

One time after a concert, me and three friends are walking through the lot to head back to our car and then WOAH!!! There's a girl in the backseat of a car with her legs up on each front seat, and a dude is piercing her clit! So we stop to look, and we know the girl!!! We went to high school with her! Every time I see her, I still ask her about it...In fact, I just saw her about a week ago and she asked me why I always bring it up...Uuummmm, because I saw you getting your cootchie pierced in a car in the parking lot of an Allman Brothers concert, THAT'S WHY!

I went to the park about two years ago with my bro, sis, and her husband who were all in from out of town. I had a REALLY good time. The coasters were good fun. It's not Cedar Point or Busch Gardens, or even one of the better Six Flags, but on a nice sunny summer day, it was nice.

Been to more than my share of concerts there...Used to be drunk (among other things) in the lot and then go sneak in through a little hole in the fence...Now I'm older and am employed, I still get drunk in the lot, but now I buy a ticket and stand there like a dweeb wearing my Dockers and golf shirt...

One time after a concert, me and three friends are walking through the lot to head back to our car and then WOAH!!! There's a girl in the backseat of a car with her legs up on each front seat, and a dude is piercing her clit! So we stop to look, and we know the girl!!! We went to high school with her! Every time I see her, I still ask her about it...In fact, I just saw her about a week ago and she asked me why I always bring it up...Uuummmm, because I saw you getting your cootchie pierced in a car in the parking lot of an Allman Brothers concert, THAT'S WHY!

HAHA!!! Funny story!

The last time I was there was to go see The Dead about 3 years ago. I drove my Wrangler out with a bunch of friends and we ended up getting belligerent to the point where I, or anybody else we were with, could drive the hour back to Rochester. Thinking we would be stranded there over night, or worse yet, get kicked out and getting a DWI on the ride home, my buddy came up with an ingenious idea. He called up AAA (he haad the gold membership with free towing anywhere within 500 miles) and said that our car broke down in the parking lot at Darien Lake and we needed a tow. About 45 minutes later a tow truck arrives and the driver asks a couple of questions about my Jeep. I tell him "It just doesn't want to turn over" and I cited previous problems with the vehicle. The tow truck driver loads my Jeep on the flatbed, no questions asked and gave us a tow (with us riding in my Jeep on the flat bed) all the way back to Rochester even though there was nothing wrong with my vehicle.

There is a valuable lesson to be learned in there somewhere :flirt:

HAHA!!! Funny story!

The last time I was there was to go see The Dead about 3 years ago. I drove my Wrangler out with a bunch of friends and we ended up getting belligerent to the point where I, or anybody else we were with, could drive the hour back to Rochester. Thinking we would be stranded there over night, or worse yet, get kicked out and getting a DWI on the ride home, my buddy came up with an ingenious idea. He called up AAA (he haad the gold membership with free towing anywhere within 500 miles) and said that our car broke down in the parking lot at Darien Lake and we needed a tow. About 45 minutes later a tow truck arrives and the driver asks a couple of questions about my Jeep. I tell him "It just doesn't want to turn over" and I cited previous problems with the vehicle. The tow truck driver loads my Jeep on the flatbed, no questions asked and gave us a tow (with us riding in my Jeep on the flat bed) all the way back to Rochester even though there was nothing wrong with my vehicle.

There is a valuable lesson to be learned in there somewhere :flirt:

Very nice. That's sweet he just loaded it up and didn't try to figure out the problem, but I guess he's a tow truck driver, not a mechanic. And that's even sweeter that he let you guys ride in there on the bed. I have a feeling that may not be entirely legal.

You're from 'toga, right? I've hopped the fence for concerts at SPAC many, many times in my day.

i used to work there from 2000-2003, as a food service manager, and they were the worst business i have ever seen operate as far as taking care of their workers and keeping the prices reasonable. They made bad investments in the rides they bought, ie.) the Superman--> broke down everyday just about, and never protected their investments, The Predator has gone to shht because they do not take care of their stuff. FWIW, $3.50 for a 20 oz. bottle of water is wrong, especially on the concert grounds during 90+ degree days. this leads to many paying customers passing out. Yeah, If you want some disgusting or really good stories about that park PM me.

Very nice. That's sweet he just loaded it up and didn't try to figure out the problem, but I guess he's a tow truck driver, not a mechanic. And that's even sweeter that he let you guys ride in there on the bed. I have a feeling that may not be entirely legal.

You're from 'toga, right? I've hopped the fence for concerts at SPAC many, many times in my day.

It was dark and the driver said he came ill prepared to try and diagnose the problem. We had a couple of very "convincing" females with us adn the 4 of us wouldn't have fit in the cab. We actually got some pretty good footage of the night. Makes for some good stories that wouldn't have been believed without the video corroboration!

I am from 'Toga and I have hopped fences when security guards were lax and didn't seem to care on their $5.00/hour pay rate. Ever since a couple of teenagers fell to their deaths a couple of years ago as a result of trying to sneak in, they have become a little more aware. Several arrests have been made since, including one of my friends' who got apprehended while under the influence of mushrooms. My friend hasn't been the same since.