Mort Chat

Rico

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let go already?????

Well.... either your with the Bills fans or against us.

We know what side Mort and Donahoe are on...now we know where YOU stand!! :D

No, I just dont live in the past like you guys do. I look at what we have here now, not what we used to have....

JP (Columbus, OH): Mort, why are you so down on the Bills? Donahoe was a great talent evaluator but a terrible leader. Let it go.

SportsNation Chris Mortensen: (11:45 AM ET ) Did I say I was down on the Bills? I said I was high on the Bills if they can keep their talent. And I would argue the Donohoe point but I have to meet him later on for a crisco party and he promised me a big fat kiss when he was done.

:D

No, I just dont live in the past like you guys do. I look at what we have here now, not what we used to have....

What we have here now - i.e., Tim Anderson instead of Pat Williams at DT - is BECAUSE of who we used to have at GM.

A little history lesson now and then can be a very good thing:

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

What we have here now - i.e., Tim Anderson instead of Pat Williams at DT - is BECAUSE of who we used to have at GM.

However, on the same note, we have Losman, Lee Evans, Jason Peters, Schoebel, Clements here because of who we used to have at GM...It works both ways....

Donahoe did some good things and quite a few bad picks.....Had horrible luck in picking both his head coaches and that was his downfall...time to move on...Don't blame Donahoe for Chris Mortensen dragging his name with every Bills reference.

Problem here is that Mort replied to a simple question about the Bills retaining Clements and needing CB help by taking veiled shots at the current braintrust.

What does "not messing up the McGahee deal" (I still dont get that one) and "making mistakes with the interior d-line" have to do with the original question? You know that the mistakes to the d-line refer to signing Triplett and picking McCargo. He's the one that just cant let it go.

I'm wondering if Donahoe has pictures of Mort in a compromising position.

If Donahoe was such a great GM, why is his name no longer even mentioned on anyone's GM candidate list?

I have heard him being linked to Washington and Tennessee, as a possible GM...

Personally, I can't see TD going to Tennessee, because ownership has made it pretty clear that Jeff Fisher has more say in things than TD would likely be comfortable with, given his his choice to HC's in Buffalo, and his friction with Bill Cowher, while in Pittsburgh.

Washington would seem to be a pretty good place for him to land. A free-spending owner, a looming fugged up salary cap situation (a built in excuse!), a HC who is likely on his last legs, and his "project" GW already on staff...

Personally, I can't see TD going to Tennessee, because ownership has made it pretty clear that Jeff Fisher has more say in things than TD would likely be comfortable with, given his his choice to HC's in Buffalo, and his friction with Bill Cowher, while in Pittsburgh.

Washington would seem to be a pretty good place for him to land. A free-spending owner, a looming fugged up salary cap situation (a built in excuse!), a HC who is likely on his last legs, and his "project" GW already on staff...

I for one would love to see Donahoe go to Washington.

With all of the "leaked" reports after he was fired that old man Wilson would phone him from Detroit several times a day checking in on the operation of the franchise.(and how this was so disruptive)

He deserves to have Daniel Snyder down the hall-popping in on him on an hourly basis.

Snyder and Donahoe deserve each other.

Clements has top five talent but 10-20 production- the trouble is this is a very thin free agency CB class so unless you think Yoboty can come in and play at a high level you're gonna take a big hit at the CB spot if you don't resign him- personally I'd rather give 8mil to a good player worth 6mil more than I'd want to give 4mil to an average player worth 2mil.

......personally I'd rather give 8mil to a good player worth 6mil more than I'd want to give 4mil to an average player worth 2mil.

Very, very good point.

One might even prefer 8mil to the good player worth 6mil over 3mil to an average player worth 2mil.

Once a player is signed to a decent deal, you are either locked with them for years....or usually.....you have a large cap hit when you cut them.

Problem here is that Mort replied to a simple question about the Bills retaining Clements and needing CB help by taking veiled shots at the current braintrust.

What does "not messing up the McGahee deal" (I still dont get that one) and "making mistakes with the interior d-line" have to do with the original question? You know that the mistakes to the d-line refer to signing Triplett and picking McCargo. He's the one that just cant let it go.

I think mistakes with the d-line refers to Big Pat. He's talking about the Bills' failure to keep their own players. And that's where McGahee comes into play.

All this talk about keeping McGahee or not....

it would be interesting to see the contract numbers and specifically the signing bonus Drew R. is looking to obtain for his client.

Me thinks that the numbers won't add up from the Bills perspective.

One and done. See 'ya Willis.

Donahoe did some good things and quite a few bad picks.....Had horrible luck in picking both his head coaches and that was his downfall...time to move on...Don't blame Donahoe for Chris Mortensen dragging his name with every Bills reference.

Horrible "luck" picking head coaches? That's not a lottery system you know.

Joe Gibbs will never let Donahoe anywhere near his team. Gibbs make personnel decisions with input from Danny Meddling Snyder.

I thought he would have got the job at Atlanta....However, he might fit in as the Giants next GM.

Tim Anderson instead of Pat Williams, thats the only move that makes you a cry baby?

Give credit where its due.....TD did draft Losman, Evans, McGahee. He brought Spikes here, Fletcher.....

I guess where there is the bad there is the good....?

However, on the same note, we have Losman, Lee Evans, Jason Peters, Schoebel, Clements here because of who we used to have at GM...It works both ways....

exactly.....where there is the bad there is the good things aswell.

Honestly, I think its dumb Bills fans get on Mort cause of his friendship with a GM that didnt do what he could have done in Buffalo.

Sometime you have to learn to let it go an move on. Seriously. Who cares about TD anymore, I dont. I understand the frustration that went with TD, I had the same frustrations, but that all ended when Mularkey left. Right now im full of excitement, not grudges.

Horrible "luck" picking head coaches? That's not a lottery system you know.

I would say he was unlucky at least in the first go round....Marvin Lewis refused the job. It was between Greg Williams and John Fox...Both were DCs at that time and successful at that. There was really nothing to distinguish between them....You had to roll your dice and chose one of them and he chose Greg Williams and Fox went to Carolina a year later.

However, going the 2nd round, he made a really half hearted attempt and chose again a 1st time coach. Mike Mularkey was going to be let go as the offensive coordinator for the steelers as they did not like his trick plays.....A guy who is losing his job landed up as the HC of the bills....Something definitely had to be wrong with that scenario....Also, he made no attempts to contact a Tom Coughlin to come and coach the bills.....I don't know if no one wanted to come to Buffalo or TD just did not care...

I think mistakes with the d-line refers to Big Pat. He's talking about the Bills' failure to keep their own players. And that's where McGahee comes into play.

Good point, he could be referring to that, or he could also be referring to letting Sam Adams go which points back to Levy. I would be more inclined to think its that one since its more recent and Pat's mistake was a couple years ago.