Mort Chat

Rico

Charles (Miami): Is Nate Clements gone? Do the Bills need CB help if he leaves? They've drafted alot of DB's the past few years.

SportsNation Chris Mortensen: (11:31 AM ET ) Ralph Wilson, the owner, has to get Clements done. It should have been done a month ago. The Bills are on the brink of being a consistent playoff contender with all their talent but if they lose Clements, Fletcher and, say, mess up the McGahee deal, they'll be flirting with being below .500 again. They already made mistakes with the interior D-line...Clements is a must sign.

==================================================

JP (Columbus, OH): Mort, why are you so down on the Bills? Donahoe was a great talent evaluator but a terrible leader. Let it go.

SportsNation Chris Mortensen: (11:45 AM ET ) Did I say I was down on the Bills? I said I was high on the Bills if they can keep their talent. And I would argue the Donohoe point but that is something to let go for today.

Edited by Rico

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Charles (Miami): Is Nate Clements gone? Do the Bills need CB help if he leaves? They've drafted alot of DB's the past few years.

SportsNation Chris Mortensen: (11:31 AM ET ) Ralph Wilson, the owner, has to get Clements done. It should have been done a month ago. The Bills are on the brink of being a consistent playoff contender with all their talent but if they lose Clements, Fletcher and, say, mess up the McGahee deal, they'll be flirting with being below .500 again. They already made mistakes with the interior D-line...Clements is a must sign.

look, i'm all for keeping clements, but the remainder of this response is just ... pathetic.

Mess up the McGahee deal? He's under contract for next year, he needs to play it out. How can the Bills mess it up (besides giving in to his recent posturings)?

And BTW Mort, it was your buddy Tommy boy who messed up the interior by letting Pat Williams go.

Mess up the McGahee deal? He's under contract for next year, he needs to play it out. How can the Bills mess it up (besides giving in to his recent posturings)?

And BTW Mort, it was your buddy Tommy boy who messed up the interior by letting Pat Williams go.

Great minds. :D

I think Clements is a good but far from great Corner but I dont want the Bills to resign him to the kind of money he wants. I would rather go with Youboty or someone else at Corner and have the Bills go after as many lineman as they can on both sides of the ball

I think Clements is a good but far from great Corner but I dont want the Bills to resign him to the kind of money he wants. I would rather go with Youboty or someone else at Corner and have the Bills go after as many lineman as they can on both sides of the ball

Youboty hasn't shown that he's ready. I hope he is, but not knowing until training camp is way too late.

JP (Columbus, OH): Mort, why are you so down on the Bills? Donahoe was a great talent evaluator but a terrible leader. Let it go.

SportsNation Chris Mortensen: (11:45 AM ET ) Did I say I was down on the Bills? I said I was high on the Bills if they can keep their talent. And I would argue the Donohoe point but that is something to let go for today.

Youboty hasn't shown that he's ready. I hope he is, but not knowing until training camp is way too late.

If we don't sign Clements, I see us going after Nick Harper of the Colts as a mid-level free agent to shore up the CB position.

Nate Clements would make my top 5 corners' in the NFL list. He is entering his prime, can cover 1 on 1 and in Perry Fewell's Cover 2 scheme. Corner is a tough position to evaluate because you have to possess knowledge as to what defensive play was called before you can evaluate who messed up. But i would put Nate Clements in that select group of corners just below Champ Bailey: Guys like Rashean Mathis, Terrence Newman, Chris McAlister, Nathan Vasher, Lito Sheppard. ( I excluded old guys like Ronde barber and Ty Law, or overated guys like Deangelo Fall altough Give Hall a couple years and he will a great one)

Even Mort knows a setup when he sees one LOL

Clements is exactly what we need and a deal to keep him is an absolute must if we are going to advance. The "Willis Deal" thing is puzzling. I'm assuming WM is playing for us next year, but I hardly consider him a long term answer to the running back situation, unless he is going to start showing a lot more on the field. Maybe if would keep Mr. Happy in his shorts and spend a little more time in the training room.

Maybe if would keep Mr. Happy in his shorts and spend a little more time in the training room.

Hell, he can have 100 paternity suits if he wants. They're just more reasons for him to never, ever, ever miss a paycheck.

Nate Clements would make my top 5 corners' in the NFL list. He is entering his prime, can cover 1 on 1 and in Perry Fewell's Cover 2 scheme. Corner is a tough position to evaluate because you have to possess knowledge as to what defensive play was called before you can evaluate who messed up. But i would put Nate Clements in that select group of corners just below Champ Bailey: Guys like Rashean Mathis, Terrence Newman, Chris McAlister, Nathan Vasher, Lito Sheppard. ( I excluded old guys like Ronde barber and Ty Law, or overated guys like Deangelo Fall altough Give Hall a couple years and he will a great one)

That is such a relief to me that he is in your top 5.

My question is why do Bills fans keep asking Mort about TD and his tenure with the Bills? Let it go already! Thats all I have to say about that!

As for the Clements comments I agree with Mort!

Let go already?????

Well.... either your with the Bills fans or against us.

We know what side Mort and Donahoe are on...now we know where YOU stand!! :D