***Official*** Who do you want in Free Agency

OnTheRocks

Kevin Curtis - Rams WR

Familiar with Steve Fairchild.

His numbers dipped considerably from 2005 to 2006 due to playing time behind Issac Bruce. (last year Bruce missed a few games).

His dip in numbers may make him a little more affordable.

In my opinion, he would be a perfect compliment to Lee Evans.

Maybe the only downside is he isn't the protypical "big" receiver. He is only 5'11" 186lbs.

From FFMastermind.com:

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports the Rams would like to re-sign soon-to-be unrestricted free-agent WR Kevin Curtis, the team's fourth-leading receiver this season in both catches (40) and yards (479). Those numbers represented a significant dip from Curtis' 2005 totals, when he had 60 catches for 801 yards. But Curtis started nine games in '05, largely because of WR Isaac Bruce's dislocated toe. Bruce stayed healthy this season, and Curtis' playing time was reduced. "I love being here," Curtis said after the Vikings game. "It's been an unbelievable experience. I've loved every minute of it. ... We'll see where it goes. I didn't even have an agent until this week. So to tell you the truth, I haven't looked ahead to that at all yet." Curtis recently signed with one of the most high-profile agents in the NFL — Tom Condon. Despite his comments about playing in St. Louis, Curtis doesn't deny the fact that being a starter somewhere would be enticing. "I think any player wants to be on the field as much as he can," Curtis said. "Obviously, there's lots of variables. ... You want to win games. But I don't think there's any doubt I'd like to be on the field more."

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lance Briggs. The guy is a stud and was, perhaps, the best OLB in the game last season not named Merriman. Of course, with the amount of cash he's going to command there's no way he lands in Buffalo but a wish list doesn't have to be realistic.

First Clements, maybe Fletcher and probably Kelsay. Other teams free agents: Daniel Graham, one or the other Steinbach or L. Davis at G, and either Briggs or Thomas at OLB.

sign me up for this plan. Never gonna happen, but I can dream, cant I?

I would be happy with any of these players

RB- Michael Turner- If we wan't to replace Willis

WR- Drew Bennent- #2 WR

TE- Eric Johnson- If fully healthy

OG Kris Dielman, or Eric Steinbach- Must sign one of the two

DT- Vonnie Holiday- Run Stopping help

OLB- Cato June- Best Cover 2 pass LB in football

CB- Nate Clements, or Asaunte Samuel- TM is not a #1 corner

I would be happy with any of these players

RB- Michael Turner- If we wan't to replace Willis

WR- Drew Bennent- #2 WR

TE- Eric Johnson- If fully healthy

OG Kris Dielman, or Eric Steinbach- Must sign one of the two

DT- Vonnie Holiday- Run Stopping help

OLB- Cato June- Best Cover 2 pass LB in football

CB- Nate Clements, or Asaunte Samuel- TM is not a #1 corner

Good list- I would love to get Turner or June. I hope we get a big FA. Ralph is not getting any younger- I can see him pushing for some big time free agents

And now for my official who the Bills will probably ACTUALLY get in free agency: Only Kelsay gets re-signed of the big 3, we don't get another TE, end up settling for a scrub guard like Sean Mahan and being told it's a great signing, but we do end up with one decent signing outside of our own, DT/DE Cory Redding from Detroit. We draft a CB in the 1st round, you know it's coming. :pirate:

And now for my official who the Bills will probably ACTUALLY get in free agency: Only Kelsay gets re-signed of the big 3, we don't get another TE, end up settling for a scrub guard like Sean Mahan and being told it's a great signing, but we do end up with one decent signing outside of our own, DT/DE Cory Redding from Detroit. We draft a CB in the 1st round, you know it's coming. :pirate:

:P Thats what I am thinking too. I am so sick of drafting CBs in the first round and I am even sicker letting our top free agents walk away everyyear while sitting on the sidelines.

In his defense, I don't think Marv tried to spin last year's FA crop as saviors.

I don't think he should this year as well Tortured Soul. I'd like at least a similar target like Tripplett or Pickett signed at guard and the rest of the signings be similar to last year and hope for a good draft. Of course you gotta keep your own as well which honestly doesn't look too good..........

I really don't think June is much of an upgrade over either Crowell or Ellison. If we really do upgrade anywhere it should be interior lines or get bigger at OLB, not the same, which June is.

Ellison is a poor mans June. He's a pass coverage LB who doesn't have the athletic ability to dominate the passing game like June does. With Nate probably leaving and Fletcher all but gone, we might just find our pass defense in desperate need of help. Junes in the top 3 LB's in terms of pass coverage in football, and might be the best overall. LB plays a critical role in our pass coverage schemes. It's not a need like G, MLB, or CB but the Bills might feel sandwiching MLB with a couple vets at OLB could help make up for losing London. If we brought June in Patrick Willis probably jumps to the top of our list for London’s replacement.

:pirate: Thats what I am thinking too. I am so sick of drafting CBs in the first round and I am even sicker letting our top free agents walk away everyyear while sitting on the sidelines.

Why? If we draft a 1st round CB, we get a super player who can start right away (little learning curve to playing CB) and pay him half the money free agent corners command.

We won't be spending big dollars at LB, we have our three starters on the roster right now. Ellison earned a look at OLB and he fits the system perfectly. Crowell is going to play and so is TKO. The question is where. Does Crowell go back inside or does TKO? We'll see how that plays out but we aren't switching to a 3-4 so we don't need another big money LB, especially at OLB (we DEFINETLY have 3 of those already). Adalius Thomas is a terrible fit for us, he needs to go to Pittsburgh and be the next Joey Porter/Kevin Greene/Greg Lloyd. If we find a bigger, quick MLB we might go after that but I really see one of our existing players shifting inside and then drafting an LB on day 1. Any FAs we get will be relatively unknown and inexpensive.

As for OL, I'm comfortable with our tackles, I'd like veteran depth there. Bob Whitfield really bailed the Giants out when Petigout got hurt and players like him are relatively inexpensive insurance. I am EXTREMELY leery of spending big money on a FA guard. Guards are very system dependent, probably as system dependent as LBs. We need to find a guard who can do what we ask our guards to do from a team that has similar blocking calls. just because a guy is a beast for one team doesn't mean that translates well. Do we want a zone blocker or a man blocker, a pulling guard or a big guy, a run blocker or pass blocker? All important considerations. Quite frankly I don't think Eric Steinbach is the messiah we all want him to be, Palmer got a lot of pressure up the middle this year and their runnign game was pretty inconsistent. he's a nice player, no doubt, but I don't think that's the place to spend 5 million. Gandy is fine at LG, we had few problems on that side once he was there and he and Peters seemed to work well off one another. RG was a bigger issue. I'm not sold on Preston as a guard at all and I'd like to have a veteran next to Pennington. If there's a top guard available on day one of the draft I say we go there. Leonard Davis isn't the answer to any question I have. He's huge but he's soft, he's doesn't abuse anyone and get get pushed around, that's not much different than what we have now. If he was any good at all why would AZ who has NO line to speak of let him walk?

I'd like a #2 WR, someone tall who has great hands. If they could clone Ed McCaffrey I'd want him. Drew Bennett is close but I think he's more expensive than we're willing to go for a #2. The draft isn't likely to get us any immediate help, very very few rookie WRs do much of anything. We actually have quite alot of competition at WR right now. Price, Reed and Parrish are all competing for time so any new faces will have to fight with them, and likely bring some ST to the table to supplant either Andre Davis or Sam Aiken. Charles Rogers won't happen, Mike Williams isn't likely. Is DJ Hackett available?

Why? If we draft a 1st round CB, we get a super player who can start right away (little learning curve to playing CB) and pay him half the money free agent corners command.

What makes you say that? There is always the distinct possibility that any player drafted at any position will be a bust.