Mike Williams - House for sale

What is the tax percentage in WNY?

Actually...Williams house is in Texas. Hell, a house like that in NY...well, if you can afford a $4M house, in NY the taxes are ging to be unbelievable. However, a $4M house in Dallas would probably sell in upstate for about a third of that.

As far as a tax %... there isn't a set %. It's all driven by what county, city/village/township, and school district. Most of the taxes are county and school. I'm assessed @165K and I pay $7500/yr. $3500 county, $2900 school, and the rest is town. Freakin ridiculous. Can't wait for retirement... I'm outa here.

Actually...Williams house is in Texas. Hell, a house like that in NY...well, if you can afford a $4M house, in NY the taxes are ging to be unbelievable. However, a $4M house in Dallas would probably sell in upstate for about a third of that.

As far as a tax %... there isn't a set %. It's all driven by what county, city/village/township, and school district. Most of the taxes are county and school. I'm assessed @165K and I pay $7500/yr. $3500 county, $2900 school, and the rest is town. Freakin ridiculous. Can't wait for retirement... I'm outa here.

So running at about 4.5%. I would be curious to hear from other locations (Besides Jupiter)

I love this MW quote from the related story on TBD:

But it's clear that Williams loves football. In 2002, the gargantuan player, freshly arrived in the NFL, said: "When I get on the field, I like to punish people. It feels great. You just grab (someone), and you've got him. You look in his eyes and he's like, 'Oh, please, let me go. I'll never do it again.' And I say, 'Oh, no, no. You're going down.' "

:blink: Puh-leaze! Maybe he was talking about when he grabs cheeseburgers!

my house in CA is worth 550,000...but assessed at about 220,000 cuz of prop13 here. My prop taxes are about $2400/year....but schools here suck--you gotta take that into consideration.

The property taxes for 2006 were $80,718, according to the Multiple Listing Service.

At $470.00 a pop for Seasons Tickets on the Lower Level Sidelines - the most expensive The Bills have, this taxes for this piece of shite's ponderosa were being paid for by 172 loyal fans.

I have not lived in NY for over 20 years but that tax number is pretty scary. In SC I own a couple of houses (Charleston and Greenville) and my taxes are less than 1% of the value of my homes. What is the tax percentage in WNY?

I also own a couple of houses in WNY.....I too wonder what the tax percentage is in Toronto Ca., Denver Co., Hersey Pa., Silom Springs Ark.

"Exterior features: ...... Exercise Room, Jogging/Biking Path..."

It's safe to assume those haven't suffered from over-use.

lol!!--but i guess fat boy gets the last laugh.He has stolen about 30 million bucks already.

So running at about 4.5%. I would be curious to hear from other locations (Besides Jupiter)

I live just north of Little Rock, AR. Our house is appraised at $195,000 and our taxes are $1700 a year minus $300 for it being our primary residence so $1400 a year. We also have a personal property tax on vehicles (cars, trucks, motorcycles, rv's) which is determined by the year of your vehicle.

I live in Hudson, WI (right across the border from Minneapolis/St. Paul). My house was assessed at around $185,000, and we paid about $2,200 in property taxes this year. However, last year we paid about $3,400 and the year before, we paid about $3,200. Not sure why it dropped so much, but I'm not complaining. :blink:

CW

I know taxes suck, but friends of mine from Atlanta and so forth always brag about how low their taxes are compared to ours, and they would never buy a house up here, etc...........So, great - you don't pay the taxman as much, but your mortgage is way higher every month, so the bottom line is you dish out more money for less house.

So, great - you don't pay the taxman as much, but your mortgage is way higher every month, so the bottom line is you dish out more money for less house.

Yeah, but the salaries are way higher too, so....

CW