If Fletch goes...I have a replacement

I know he is a bit of a loose cannon and with Cowher leaving and Wisenhut jet setting on interviews, Porter could be enticed to leave. I know the guy talks massive amounts of shi- but look at the way this guy plays. He brings an instant edge and leadership to a defense that has been sorley lacking since TKO was hurt. Imagine Porter, TKO, and Crowell at the linebacker spot. That would be scary.

We get the big DT we need and we are on our way for a long time. Theres is no denying this guy is a big time player and brings it everygame. What do you guys think?

I know he is a bit of a loose cannon and with Cowher leaving and Wisenhut jet setting on interviews, Porter could be enticed to leave. I know the guy talks massive amounts of shi- but look at the way this guy plays. He brings an instant edge and leadership to a defense that has been sorley lacking since TKO was hurt. Imagine Porter, TKO, and Crowell at the linebacker spot. That would be scary.

We get the big DT we need and we are on our way for a long time. Theres is no denying this guy is a big time player and brings it everygame. What do you guys think?

He's not an inside backer. He'd get eaten up as a MLB in a 4-3.

I would say no. He's 30 this March. He's been OLB, not sure he could/should transition to the middle. Not sure how much of a leader he would be. He's got baggage.

Wouldn't be my first choice.

I would put spikes in the middle and I think him being 30 is a moot point. The guy still flies around and only real injury he has had was getting shot in the ass. I think he would be great on the outside.

I would put spikes in the middle and I think him being 30 is a moot point. The guy still flies around and only real injury he has had was getting shot in the ass. I think he would be great on the outside.

I'm no LB expert, but switching backers from MLB to OLB isnt as easy as it is in madden football. the 2 positions are fairly different. you cant just plug and play linebackers anywhere across the line.

I'm no LB expert, but switching backers from MLB to OLB isnt as easy as it is in madden football. the 2 positions are fairly different. you cant just plug and play linebackers anywhere across the line.

What makes it so tough? Porter is obviosly faster than Spikes, can cover and blitzes well from inside and out. Sometimes I think you guys find excuses. With the way TKO is progressing he will have to be put in the middle. He does not have that burst anymore. I know he needs another year to get it back but its going to be tough. How hard was it too watch TKO get run over by Henry in the last game. Im no psychic but I would think Porter would stop him at the point.

I think TKO will be gone as well- and Ellison will play MLB

Loose cannon on the field only and with the media. The dude is crazy! I love the way that guy plays the game! I love seeing him in pregame screaming at the other team during stretches, for real I love his mentality as a football player. And not only that hes a baller too.

Has he ever had any off the field issues? Cause really I cant remember him ever being in trouble. Only thing I recall is him talking trash with players within the media and being nasty on the field.

That attitude would boil over to others on the defense aswell......

I really think Porter would fit well in Buffalo with Spikes.

Joey Porters play this season has been pretty average. Other than that 1st game against Miami, he has been pedestrian to the point that the Steelers are going to let him go and not give him the big contract.

Considering the youth movement Marv and Jauron started last year, I doubt we go and grab a 30 year old in FA.

I think TKO will be gone as well- and Ellison will play MLB

there is no way ellison can play MLB. he is way too small and not physical enough. he is a pursuit, speed LB and good for that but not MLB. we need a physical large presence who still has enough burst to cover.

Loose cannon on the field only and with the media. The dude is crazy! I love the way that guy plays the game! I love seeing him in pregame screaming at the other team during stretches, for real I love his mentality as a football player. And not only that hes a baller too.

Has he ever had any off the field issues? Cause really I cant remember him ever being in trouble. Only thing I recall is him talking trash with players within the media and being nasty on the field.

No off the field problems, he just lets his pitbulls roam the hood and kill the neighbors shettland pony and then ships the dogs to california. Buys new dogs and they are now ripping the hood up and he has failed to pay the neighbors back for their loss. They are currently threating a lawsuit. Futhermore, he made reference's to K Winslow about him being gay, I don't know but, the haircut he's been sporting, is rather suspect in my book, but hey the guy is a maniac........Just don't think he fits Marv's mold......Next. :rolleyes:

I could be wrong but, didn't someone put a slug in his ass last year, causing him to miss some games??

Joey Porters play this season has been pretty average. Other than that 1st game against Miami, he has been pedestrian to the point that the Steelers are going to let him go and not give him the big contract.

Considering the youth movement Marv and Jauron started last year, I doubt we go and grab a 30 year old in FA.

Lets see we are releasing a veteran LB, Id think that would be tough to replace and pick uo where you left off without one. The guy has been in big games and played well in them. Teams game plan around him and Polomalu. Hes only 30 he has at least 4 good years in him.

I like it! A man with some vision!

Exactly. We both live in Pittsburgh and have seen Porter look average this season. In fact, some of my friends compare him to when Jason Gildon made his exit here (recall, we picked him up for training camp and then cut him).

Porter is too small and isn't physical enough to play MLB. He's just a pass rusher--and fading in that department too.