Don Shula

Adam

I caught him on Mike n Mike (ESPN) this morning. Assuming that's what everyone's referring to, he was openly bitter about how Alabama treated his son. AL is just coming off NCAA probations and scholarship restrictions and DS said next season would be the first season Mike could compete in the SEC "on a level playing field").

Complete and utter Bull****. Scholarship restrictions were removed two years ago.

Its true, its not much of a loss, except that it was so unexpected (somewhat) that he would just start putting his plan in place, and then give up and go back to a college.

The media is making it sound like they just lost Lombardi

Well the way they hyped the guy for 2 years compells them to make a big deal out of this too. Nick may have left because he knew he couldn't live up to the hype and expectations. On the other hand, that's a lot of money to turn down.

Well the way they hyped the guy for 2 years compells them to make a big deal out of this too. Nick may have left because he knew he couldn't live up to the hype and expectations. On the other hand, that's a lot of money to turn down.

And, like there's no pressure on him to produce at 'Bama?

One can only hope he gets a generous helping of his just desserts real soon and for many years to come.

Nick Saban is the Larry Brown of Foosball Coaches.

Saban did the right thing. We knew he was leaving. He knew he was leaving. The Fins SHOULDVE known he was leaving. But what can he say??!!??

I actually blame Alabama and Sabans agent for leaking the information that they were in discussions during the NFL season. They both put Saban in a bad spot. It also showed that

Saban does not have the right managment skill to manage an issue and made a mess of

it. I hope he learns from the incident.

I think it's funny Wayne is asking for any suggestions from anyone on who to hire. The fish just pick bad coaches, besides Shula. They will likely overpay for a big name and have lackluster results.

They picked Jimmy Johnson, Dave Wannstedt, Nick Saban as their HC after Don Shula....While they did not win super bowls, those guys kept their team competitive, taking them to the playoffs..

I would take any of them over Wade Phillips, Greg William, Mike Mularkey the set of guys we have had post our HoF coacjh.

They picked Jimmy Johnson, Dave Wannstedt, Nick Saban as their HC after Don Shula....While they did not win super bowls, those guys kept their team competitive, taking them to the playoffs..

I would take any of them over Wade Phillips, Greg William, Mike Mularkey the set of guys we have had post our HoF coacjh.

Nick Saban had one measly win more than Mike Mularkey in their respective two year stints. I'd say Dave Wannstedt (two playoff seasons) and Wade Phillips (ditto) are more or less a wash, though Wanny had one more to work with, plus the 1-7 disaster that really wasn't his fault. Then you get to Greggo vs. Jimmy Johnson. Well...

In any case, I don't think anyone's arguing that the Bills have made great coaching choices.

Wade Phillips was not that bad- he just needed a QB, and didn't have one

Wade Phillips was not that bad- he just needed a QB, and didn't have one

He had two and couldn't make up his mind on a single one. We could have gone deeper in the playoffs with either one of them if that would have avoided splitting the locker room.

He had two and couldn't make up his mind on a single one. We could have gone deeper in the playoffs with either one of them if that would have avoided splitting the locker room.

Looking back, I really don't think we had one complete QB for him to settle on, and I'm sure he knew more than me. Same thing for what happened w/Wayne Fontes in Detroit.

he did make up his mind. it's just that wilson disagreed.

30-18 in the regular season; 1-1 in the playoffs (I count home run lateral forward and "just give it to 'em" as victories).