we should start a petition

What is it with Buffalo fans and fashion?

Ratings must be huge in the Buffalo area for shows like Queer eye and What not to wear. They seem to care more about how the team looks in thedir uniforms then how the play. The feeling I get is that they would rather have a pathetic team on the field then a bad uniform/logo.

I'd prefer the Bills front office spend their time fixing the team on the field rather then the uniforms they wear

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ratings must be huge in the Buffalo area for shows like Queer eye and What not to wear. They seem to care more about how the team looks in thedir uniforms then how the play. The feeling I get is that they would rather have a pathetic team on the field then a bad uniform/logo.

I'd prefer the Bills front office spend their time fixing the team on the field rather then the uniforms they wear

and some would prefer that the Bills people in charge of uniforms only do their job so we actually look like the Buffalo Bills, and not some Canadian Football team. These people have nothing to do with football. Give us back our colors, and the football guys also need to give us back good football.

Some of us would like to see competence in all areas of the organization.

and some would prefer that the Bills people in charge of uniforms only do their job so we actually look like the Buffalo Bills, and not some Canadian Football team. These people have nothing to do with football. Give us back our colors, and the football guys also need to give us back good football.

Amen. What would Packer fans say, if they changed their uniforms to some god ugly seahawk green with a blue stripe and umber numbers outlined in gray? I'm pretty sure they'd be fashionistas as well.

Its about tradition and pride in your team.

You actually think there is a position in the Bills organisation that deals solely with the uniform and look of the team? Is it the same with the Sabres? Cause if so, everyone owes Quinn an apology

Amen. What would Packer fans say, if they changed their uniforms to some god ugly seahawk green with a blue stripe and umber numbers outlined in gray? I'm pretty sure they'd be fashionistas as well.

Its about tradition and pride in your team.

I don't know, last time I checked, the record books only indicate the win/loss records and onfield play of a team, not how good they looked in the uniforms they played in. I will take pride in my team because of their play, not because they looked good in a uniform

I'd take a tradition of good play on the field and wins over a tradition of "not looking like a CFL team" or "playing in a nice looking uniform"

I don't know, last time I checked, the record books only indicate the win/loss records and onfield play of a team, not how good they looked in the uniforms they played in. I will take pride in my team because of their play, not because they looked good in a uniform

I'd take a tradition of good play on the field and wins over a tradition of "not looking like a CFL team" or "playing in a nice looking uniform"

Well, lately, pride in the way our team looks is about the only thing we have to hold on to. Plus, of all the things to do, changing the uniforms back to a design that's already been designed would be pretty simple. I doubt it'd take Marv (or whoever makes the call) all of about 2 minutes to point to the one he liked.

We could petition to not buy tickets to home games until they are changed....oh wait...NM :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I like the Navy color just fine...but get rid of the Montral Alouettes away jersey and just make it solid white.

After looking at your avatar photo, I'm OK with white.

good luck. Unlike the Sabres "slug", there is a huge number of people who actually do like the current unis.

So, if you have nothing better to do, then go ahead..... but just to let you know, it won't take you anywhere.

I personally would like the old colors back also, but, i'm ok with these and they've grown on me.

good luck. Unlike the Sabres "slug", there is a huge number of people who actually do like the current unis.

Really? I can't imagine who....

I personally would like the old colors back also, but, i'm ok with these and they've grown on me.

....oh, you're one of them. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, I don't mind the "home" blue jerseys. They're not too bad and they've grown on me, also. As far as the white ones go...... :lol: The scheme is horrible with the blue top covering the name. They really do look like a combo CFL/USFL team (no offense to any Canadian fans here) and they have to go.

If there's a color scheme they should look at, look at the ones the Broncos have. Somewhat simple - dark blue with an orange swoosh up the sides and white with a dark blue swoosh on either side.

Nevertheless, the Bills have to ask permission of the NFL to do this. If they ask now, they probably won't be able to get them until the 2008 season. If Marv & DJ were smart, they did this back in April or May and we'd see something this year. From what I understand, you have to get permission a year in advance.

Id love to see the Bills keep the throwbacks permanent, but yet come up with a white away jersey to go along with the throws, something different from our away jersey's now.

To be honest I dont dislike our unis now, I think they are nice. I have an away jersey of Spikes, home jersey of Schobel, and getting a throwback of Evans.

I can careless what the jerseys look like as long as the team starts winning.

But in all seriousness, id love to see the throwbacks be permanet with a new white away jersey to go along with it.

Id also love to see the red standing old school Buffalo in the endzone next to the BILLS letters...

If having ugly uniforms would help the Bills have a better team, I'd be all for them. As it is, ugly uniforms do nothing whatsoever to help the team win, and might be hurting it.

- Some fans might be more likely to buy tickets if the uniforms look good than if they're ugly. Even if it's only a few hundred fans who are like this, it's still lost ticket sales, and money that won't be there to sign free agents.

- If a free agent is deciding between similar offers from multiple teams, one factor that might influence his decision is the impression the uniforms made on him. You don't think that impression matters? Then why do companies like Coke, Pepsi, and even Microsoft spend so much money on corporate logos and other visual images? Some people feel that if a company can't even put together an attractive logo, it can't be counted on to produce a reasonable product or service.

If you want to send potential free agent acquisitions the message that the Levy Bills are back, you have to start by doing better on the field. The Bills have been doing better, especially since the bye. Going back to the Levy-era uniforms would be a good way to reinforce this message; and to send a signal that the Bills are on their way back to their glory years.

The reason for the new uniforms was to usher in a new winning era in Bills football. It didn't happen. This team has history, these uniforms don't. A simple throwback like the one linked would be perfect. It represents Bills history, and the lunch pale attitude our team has. Of all the people Marv should understand why we want a different uniform.

The reason for the new uniforms was to usher in a new winning era in Bills football. It didn't happen. This team has history, these uniforms don't. A simple throwback like the one linked would be perfect. It represents Bills history, and the lunch pale attitude our team has. Of all the people Marv should understand why we want a different uniform.

and by going back to the old uniforms the team will magically go back to the way they did in the past? The way to usher in a new era of winning football is too put a winning team on the field, not by giving them new uniforms that are throwbacks to what they wore in the past when they were winners

and by going back to the old uniforms the team will magically go back to the way they did in the past? The way to usher in a new era of winning football is too put a winning team on the field, not by giving them new uniforms that are throwbacks to what they wore in the past when they were winners

Who the hell is talking about winning football? Most Bills fans don't like the new uni's. Most Bills fans hated the front office that ushered in this change in new uni's. The uni's symbolize bad football and a dismal era of football for the Buffalo Bills. These uni's also look nothing like the Bills colors of the past 30 or so years.

This post has to do with the uniforms. Not a winning team. Not whether we can stop the run, or run the football effectively. MOST, not all, but the vast majority do not think these uniforms are the Buffalo Bills. Period.

It's simple really. Most Bills fans don't like them. Most outsiders don't like them. Most people would be happy changing them just for the aesthetically pleasing factor that we'd look more like the team we grew up knowing. There was absolutely ZERO reason to change our color patterns, uniforms and look of the franchise. Especially coming off of the greatest era of our team.

This has NOTHING to do with us winning. Absolutely nothing. And one more time. Most Bills fans just don't like the current uniforms of the Buffalo Bills. The minute TD and crew unveiled them, it was less than thrilling.

Someone please start the petition.

Who the hell is talking about winning football? Most Bills fans don't like the new uni's. Most Bills fans hated the front office that ushered in this change in new uni's. The uni's symbolize bad football and a dismal era of football for the Buffalo Bills. These uni's also look nothing like the Bills colors of the past 30 or so years.

This post has to do with the uniforms. Not a winning team. Not whether we can stop the run, or run the football effectively. MOST, not all, but the vast majority do not think these uniforms are the Buffalo Bills. Period.

It's simple really. Most Bills fans don't like them. Most outsiders don't like them. Most people would be happy changing them just for the aesthetically pleasing factor that we'd look more like the team we grew up knowing. There was absolutely ZERO reason to change our color patterns, uniforms and look of the franchise. Especially coming off of the greatest era of our team.

This has NOTHING to do with us winning. Absolutely nothing. And one more time. Most Bills fans just don't like the current uniforms of the Buffalo Bills. The minute TD and crew unveiled them, it was less than thrilling.

I like the uni's dont change a thing !

Did you even read this thread or just the first and last posts in it

I said that i could care less what they wear and would prefer management focused on putting a good team on the field instead

Way to go out on a limb and say everyone hates the uniforms. Is it the same amount that hate the #1 selling Buffalo Sabres uniform?

After reading about Buffalo fans and uniforms I'm starting to wonder if "What not to wear" is the highest rated show in Buffalo

i guess this is what happens when teams are bad for a while, the fans start looking for anything to change