So what Happened to Pro Bowl Aaron?

Hammond

LOL........

Here's what happened.........

"Buffalo's pass rush never came close to Baltimore's aging quarterback Steve McNair. Rookie Tackle Adam Terry dominated Bills defensive end Aaron Schobel, who was named a starter in the upcoming pro bowl, limiting him to a mere tackle and no sacks."

Wow, but of course, he is much better than Dwight Freeney ;):oops:

LOL........

"Buffalo's pass rush never came close to Baltimore's aging quarterback Steve McNair. Rookie Tackle Adam Terry dominated Bills defensive end Aaron Schobel, who was named a starter in the upcoming pro bowl, limiting him to a mere tackle and no sacks."

Being a Schobel fan aside. I saw on several occasions where it was the tackle and the tight end both on Schobel. But I am sure that most DE can break through a two on one.

LOL........

Actually a look at the game stats seems to indicate that about the same thing happened yesterday to the sackless Freeney that happened to the sackless Schobel (Freeney managed to log a mere two tackles compared to Schobel's mere one tackle though the Miami offense was shredded for 115 yards by Tins leading rusher Ronnie Brown compared to 69 for Lewis.

In the big picture since drawing season long conclusions based on one game is foolish, Schobel simply produced way more sacks than Freeney this year. As sacks are an important but not the only or main indicator of performance, the fact Schobel also registered more tackles than Freeney and that Freeney was historically bad for him in registering lower marks in virtually all categories, it seems pretty clear that Schobel had a better year than Freeney and is a far better pick for the Pro bowl this year than Freeney playing in a hapless Indy D which once again is dragging this team down.

Actually a look at the game stats seems to indicate that about the same thing happened yesterday to the sackless Freeney that happened to the sackless Schobel (Freeney managed to log a mere two tackles compared to Schobel's mere one tackle though the Miami offense was shredded for 115 yards by Tins leading rusher Ronnie Brown compared to 69 for Lewis.

In the big picture since drawing season long conclusions based on one game is foolish, Schobel simply produced way more sacks than Freeney this year. As sacks are an important but not the only or main indicator of performance, the fact Schobel also registered more tackles than Freeney and that Freeney was historically bad for him in registering lower marks in virtually all categories, it seems pretty clear that Schobel had a better year than Freeney and is a far better pick for the Pro bowl this year than Freeney playing in a hapless Indy D which once again is dragging this team down.

And Buffalo's defense is carrying the team? LOL.....

Please whoever claimed to watch that game and saw multiple double teams on Schobel needs some Lasik Eye Care immediately. The guy is overrated, and I cant believe that a stud like Nate Clements isnt on the pro bowl while Schobel is. I mean, he used to feast on rookies and back-ups, but yesterday couldnt even do that much.

Whatever :oops:

And Buffalo's defense is carrying the team? LOL.....

Please whoever claimed to watch that game and saw multiple double teams on Schobel needs some Lasik Eye Care immediately. The guy is overrated, and I cant believe that a stud like Nate Clements isnt on the pro bowl while Schobel is. I mean, he used to feast on rookies and back-ups, but yesterday couldnt even do that much.

Whatever :oops:

Actually Schobel was double teamed on most downs in the game. Take a look again there smartass.

Neither Freeney or Schobel should have made it. Pro Bowl voters overrate sacks ridiculously. Warren, Burgess and Henderson all had better years (you can stick Seymour outside and put Henderson on the team). Schobel's a nice player, but this is a big time stretch.

Freeney is about to become the most overpaid player in the history of the NFL. Drew Bledsoe, move on over!

LOL........

--What happened was an above average DE got double teamed a few times....an above average DE was playing the way he plays in about half of the games. Great DEs are not non-factors in half the teams games.

Yes he was doubled a lot, also take into consideration McNair doesn't get sacked often, I think he is somewhere near 5 games in a row without. Adam Terry was good at SU, he was a 2nd round pick for a reason. To say that Schobel didn't deserve going to the pro bowl didn't see the game, they were in a two tight end set most of the game because of Schobel...Unless they typically run a two TE set, which just means I am wrong, either way, schobel deserves going to the pro bowl, how can you call yourself a fan and not want him in the pro bowl?

Yes he was doubled a lot, also take into consideration McNair doesn't get sacked often, I think he is somewhere near 5 games in a row without. Adam Terry was good at SU, he was a 2nd round pick for a reason. To say that Schobel didn't deserve going to the pro bowl didn't see the game, they were in a two tight end set most of the game because of Schobel...Unless they typically run a two TE set, which just means I am wrong, either way, schobel deserves going to the pro bowl, how can you call yourself a fan and not want him in the pro bowl?

Double teamed a lot!!!!

R U for real! Sorry but I dont what game you were watching!

The fact of the matter is that Schobel is not even a top-10 pass rusher in this league and I can name of the top of my head, a number of edge rushers who rate much higher than him and force offensive game plans to be made to contain them.....

Julius Peppers

Shawn Merriman

Jason Taylor

Dwight Freeney

Michael Strahan

DeMarcus Ware

Shaun Philips

Mike Rucker

Trevor Pryce......If you doubt ask anyone of Bills lineman who they would rather block, especially after Sunday :oops:

Roosevelt Colvin

Leonard Little

Simeon Rice

Julian Peterson

LOL........

Not sure where you got this quote, but Adam Terry is not a rookie.

Double teamed a lot!!!!

R U for real! Sorry but I dont what game you were watching!

Probably the same game you were watching if you think Clements deserved a Pro Bowl spot. Clements had an ok season with a slow first half and a good second half, Not the "Playmaker" "Best CB in the league" type of season he thinks he has

OK AS is not Bruce Smith; your point is? It is suppose to be our opponenets who downgrade our good players not TRUE Bills fans. To say that he is not the greatest DE in the league is one thing; to treat him like he is not even a good player is just STUPID! Ask all the Qb's he has sacked or harassesd this year. And one guy listed a bunch of DE's off the top of his head that was better than AS; most of the guys were no-shows for strecthes of the season as well. But I might as well save my breath arguing with such types for it is plain to see that they have it in for such players and nothing short of a Hall of Fame induction will do and even if they do make it they will stay say that they are undeserving!

I see. So unless Schobel gets a few sacks EVERY SINGLE GAME, he sucks. I mean, look at peppers, and all of the other guys you listed jackhole, they all get multiple sacks per game...oh wait, they dont.

If schobel sucks so bad that he only got 14 sacks this season, why is 16 sacks considered a "great" season for any defensive end. And if he sucks, how come everyone doesnt have 14 sacks, since they are so easy to come by that even a scrub like schobel can get 14?

Judging a defensive player solely by their total number of sacks is like judging a shooting guard's status solely by their points per game or a quarterback solely by their passing yards.

For instance, if I said Shooting Guard X is a scoring machine because he averaged 30 points per game, without telling you that he takes 40 shots a game and makes only about 12 of them! Does that still make him a great two-guard. Of Course not!

The same way I can talk about a QB if I judge him solely by passing yards!

Hell, a QB's team could have been trailing by 35 points entering the fourth qtr and he could mount three drives against back-ups and prevent defenses and tally about 200 yards plus the 70 he had coming into the quarter, giving him 270!

Does that mean he had a very good game? Of course not. Hell, use those numbers over 16 weeks and we are talking about over 4000 yards of passing for the season!

Consequently, when Schobel racks up meaningless sacks in garbage time and against back-ups and rookies, and then someone comes to here to brag about his numbers, well sorry, I am not buying it, cuz I have watched this guy be ineffective when it counted the most!

Simple as that! And, oh, by the way..........Go Bills!

You make a very good, solid, indisputable point: if Schobel had a sack yesterday, we would have won the game.

Damn him. Damn him to hell.

the best part of the arguement is the comparison to freeney, who is widely known as probably the most one-dimensional DE's in the game. roscoe parrish could line up at DE and stop the run better than freeney could.

Actually Schobel was double teamed on most downs in the game. Take a look again there smartass.

I saw a couple of plays in which he was in fact triple teamed. On one of these, he still got pressure.

I pointed this out to Millie, but she was reading a book and didn't care. The regular gang couldn't make it yesterday.

On another note, it must be rough to live with a Bills Fanatic. :oops:

I saw a couple of plays in which he was in fact triple teamed. On one of these, he still got pressure.

I pointed this out to Millie, but she was reading a book and didn't care. The regular gang couldn't make it yesterday.

On another note, it must be rough to live with a Bills Fanatic. :oops:

Nooooo..on a few he was quadruple teamed!!!--and he was breathing down the QBs neck. Move over Bruce!!!!