Denver Broncos DB Darrent Williams shot and killed.

Spanky46

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter King on Inside the NFL said what makes this tragic is that DW did the right thing that evening:

1. He hired a limo (no DWI),

2. He was not armed, nor was anyone in the limo; and

3. When confronted with a conflict, he walked away.

1. has no bearing why there was conflict

2. congratulations- who the !@#$ walks around with guns?

3. What caused the conflict? Did he walk or run away? Was he led away? Was Peter King there?

where theres smoke, theres fire

1. has no bearing why there was conflict

2. congratulations- who the !@#$ walks around with guns?

3. What caused the conflict? Did he walk or run away? Was he led away? Was Peter King there?

where theres smoke, theres fire

Amen brother.

The thing that i find kind of interesting is #1 in the original post.

Devil's Advocate Time

Who is to say that he hired the driver to prevent DWI? Let me put this in perspective and spin it counter-clockwise to King's opinion...

Denver was playing for a playoff spot that night. Who is to say that it was not his plan to get into the playoffs, and then go out on the town that night and thug it out like he was in a Notorious BIG video. Who's to say that more Broncos were not supposed to be there, but many cancelled because of Denver's elmination that night?

Wow, i could have Peter King's job.

Peter King on Inside the NFL said what makes this tragic is that DW did the right thing that evening:

1. He hired a limo (no DWI),

2. He was not armed, nor was anyone in the limo; and

3. When confronted with a conflict, he walked away.

See, he could do everything right, but my point through this whole thing has been, if the other party involved doesn't do #3 also....

Didn't say he was a thug.

Hanging out in those kind of places, you gain enemies by just sitting there. It's just the ethos when you combine all of those factors --- money, alcohol, sex, testosterone --- and things can get really stupid, really fast.

I would be surprised if it was someone who had some manner of run-in, real or imagined in this person's head, with DW. People don't usually kill people they don't know.

We should all just lock ourselves in our homes and never leave. Obviously that is the solution.

I remember in college..I went out thursday-Saturday for 4 straight years...never got shot...though one guy told me when I bumped him...."3 phone calls and he could have me killed"

I've gotten that line too. Makes me laugh. I always ask what the other two calls are for?