Marcus Robinson::Big WR we need?

cale

I'd stay far away from all of those Vikings - especially Smoot and Wiggins (bad character guys). ... As for Harris, he couldn't play in Oakland or Minnesota - why would the Bills want him here?

878520[/snapback]

Far be it from me to argue the merits of Napolean Harris--he has been labeled underacheiver due to his draft position. He does however have 3 INT's this year playing much of the season with his wrist in a cast...they allow E J Henderson to roam while Harris takes care of a lot of the dirty work (Staying at home on the run and coverage)...

We aren't talking about a mega free agent deal but something in the mold of the free agent deals the Bills signed folks to last year...We aren't going to get flawless players for $2 million-$6 Million signing bonuses and 3-6 year contracts..it doesn't work that way anymore....I hope everyone goes into the offseason realizing that Ralph's/Marv's entire budget for signing bonuses is probably less than what Clements will demand on his own...

Here's his Scouts, Inc. profile--shows the good and the bad...

Harris is athletic, has good range and excels in space. He has played inside and outside, and in both 4-3 and 3-4 schemes. He can play sideline to sideline and is an outstanding blitzer. He slips blocks and makes plays on the move. He uses his hands effectively to protect his body and get through trash. He holds up well against the run. He has good strength and power at the point of attack and can take on tight end blocks. He has adequate skills and plenty of athleticism to handle himself in coverage. He has the tools to turn and run with backs and tight ends and get good depth on zone drops. But Harris lacks ideal instincts and hasnt yet lived up to expectations. He probably has been hurt by switching positions and schemes so often. He takes questionable angles to the ball. He sometimes has trouble getting off blocks. He wont consistently locate the ball and make the plays his athleticism suggests he should.

Far be it from me to argue the merits of Napolean Harris--he has been labeled underacheiver due to his draft position. He does however have 3 INT's this year playing much of the season with his wrist in a cast...they allow E J Henderson to roam while Harris takes care of a lot of the dirty work (Staying at home on the run and coverage)...

We aren't talking about a mega free agent deal but something in the mold of the free agent deals the Bills signed folks to last year...We aren't going to get flawless players for $2 million-$6 Million signing bonuses and 3-6 year contracts..it doesn't work that way anymore....I hope everyone goes into the offseason realizing that Ralph's/Marv's entire budget for signing bonuses is probably less than what Clements will demand on his own...

Here's his Scouts, Inc. profile--shows the good and the bad...

Harris is athletic, has good range and excels in space. He has played inside and outside, and in both 4-3 and 3-4 schemes. He can play sideline to sideline and is an outstanding blitzer. He slips blocks and makes plays on the move. He uses his hands effectively to protect his body and get through trash. He holds up well against the run. He has good strength and power at the point of attack and can take on tight end blocks. He has adequate skills and plenty of athleticism to handle himself in coverage. He has the tools to turn and run with backs and tight ends and get good depth on zone drops. But Harris lacks ideal instincts and hasnt yet lived up to expectations. He probably has been hurt by switching positions and schemes so often. He takes questionable angles to the ball. He sometimes has trouble getting off blocks. He wont consistently locate the ball and make the plays his athleticism suggests he should.

Excellent post. Everyone usually looks towards FA signings as always becoming future starts. Howver, that is not the case. We need depth at LB and Harris wpuld certainly be an upgrade over our pizza guy.

The advantage to Robinson would be that if we claimed him now, we'd only have to pay him one game-salary for the Baltimore game, and then we'd have him under contract for 2007 - but if we cut him in camp, it'd be completely free. Basically it's about as low-risk a situation as you can get, unless he takes out Nate's knees in practice.

Sometimes a change in teams is the best medicine for a player. When we signed London Fletcher how many guys around here knew who he was? I didnt, I dont recall him doing anything with the Rams.

Now that he is with Buffalo he has been shunned a few times from the pro bowl. I think Buffalo has made London a better play, a team that fit him better and in the end Buffalo was the place that has got the best out of London.

I think this can be said about any player, except TO.......

Sometimes a change in teams is the best medicine for a player. When we signed London Fletcher how many guys around here knew who he was? I didnt, I dont recall him doing anything with the Rams.

I did and was thrilled when we got him. Well, thrilled we got London but kinda sad it meant we would lose Cowart (which in the end turned out to be the right move)