A successful year!

Yeah this loss might be tough to swallow for now, but the reality was from the beginning of the season, the Bills weren't going to make the playoffs. This was a rebuilding year. Testing to see who was good on our team and to see who were the players that would not help this team in the future.

There were many positives I see this year even though we didn't make the playoffs again. Jp has finally come around at the last possible second and proved many people, like me, wrong that he's the Qb of the future. He making better decisions with his passes and he beginning to mold into a great QB. Another postive was that the offensive line has improved, especially during the later part in the season. Terrence Pennington has improved and shows that even a rookie can play well on this offensive line. Jason Peters has shown us that the he can play any position on the offensive line. The defense should also be given credit. Clements has shown that he must be resigned by the Bills. Whitner and Simpson have showed us the rookies are sometimes better at their positions than veteran players. Finally the coaching staff should be given a lot of credit including Marv Levy. Bobby April is an unbelievable coach. I'm seeing a huge raise for him and a major contract extension. Also, Jauron has turn this team around and has given the fans of Buffalo something to look forward to next year. He's shown that the Bills are contenders for the playoffs and we will be a playoff team next year.

Questions the offseason:

McGahee - What will happen to him in the offseason? Will he be traded for a draft pick or lineman?

Clements - Easy. Will he be resigned?

Defensive line - Mainly at defensive tackle. We need another Sam Adams or Pat Williams there.

Offensive line - Two things I see. Will Gandy finally be released even though he got a contact extension? Will the Bills get a RG to help out Villarial? He's get old and getting injured WAY TOO OFTEN.

The future looks bright for this team finally. Just keep BILLieving. :thumbdown:

bull sh--. the truth is this franchise is only good at one thing....losing. it is not any big deal to go from lousy to mediocre in the nfl. it's so easy to do it's not worth mentioning.

the bills still have an enormous job ahead of them in sifting out the players who can't execute under pressure and excising them from the roster. just having a few good young guys doesn't mean sh--.

this franchise is so mired in losing, that it is not at all a given that they'll be any better next year,. i am not saying they won't be, but crumbling today when the chips were down sure as hell doesn't bolster my confidence. i don't know how anyone could feel like we made any progress at all after giving up a 7-minute drive to lose the game....it's more like WE'VE COME FULL CIRCLE.

bull sh--.  the truth is this franchise is only good at one thing....losing.  it is not any big deal to go from lousy to mediocre in the nfl.  it's  so easy to do it's not worth mentioning. 

the bills still have an enormous job ahead of them in sifting out the players who can't execute under pressure and excising them from the roster.  just having a few good young guys doesn't mean sh--.

this franchise is so mired in losing, that it is not at all a given that they'll be any better next year,.  i am not saying they won't be, but crumbling today when the chips were down sure as hell doesn't bolster my confidence.  i don't know how anyone could feel like we made any progress at all after giving up a 7-minute drive to lose the game....it's more like WE'VE COME FULL CIRCLE.

877359[/snapback]

Post of the day! I agree.

I think you guys need to evaluate a little.

1. We have a QB that is playing well

2. We have an offensive line that is getting better. We may need to add a little more quality depth. We have a left tackle, center and right tackle. Gandy needs to be replaced.

3. Our secondary is doing well.

4. We have a lot of young talent.

5. We have a lot of money for the off season

6. Players are buying into the Coaching system

7. We have stability in the front office

Those who don't see these things just want to complain.

I can't believe no one here is thinking about the positives this team has accomplished.

877305[/snapback]

I am thinking about the positives!

I just can't tolerate that we are happy knowing that this team was so much more capable...

Nobody is perfect, but the little simple things are what separate the losers from the winners... The teams that settle and the ones that go far.

Demand excellence!

This team could have went so much farther even with the crappy talent and play!

Here are some things to look forward to.

1. JP Losman is a good young QB. He played well the second half of the year.

2. Willis McGahee will be resigned. Levy and Jauron like his toughness.

3. Lee Evans is a All-Pro reciever.

4. Aaron Shoebel is a all pro DE.

5. London Fletcher is a stud and will be resigned. Wilson, Levy and Jauron like him.

5. The Special teams are great.

6. The team is full of good young players.

7. The coaching staff is good. (they made some bad calls, but who doesnt)

8. Marv Levy knows what hes doing. Just look how the team is compared to the past.

9. The Bills will have alot of Cap space to work with.

10. This team is close to being REALLY good.

877632[/snapback]

That one I'm not so sure about. Thomas looked good this year when he filled in for Willis. I hope Willis gets resigned and is still the #1 Rb, but there are rumors floating around the Bills community that he will be traded for a draft pick or a lineman.

That one I'm not so sure about.  Thomas looked good this year when he filled in for Willis.  I hope Willis gets resigned and is still the #1 Rb, but there are rumors floating around the Bills community that he will be traded for a draft pick or a lineman.

877750[/snapback]

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/gamelog?playerId=2586

I don't undertsand why everyone is calling for Thomas. he's a good spell back yes, but he is not better than Willis. His only good games were when willis was hurt against Green Bya and Indi, who have bad run defenses (both give up over 100 a game, and indi's is worse than ours). Willis is a good back and yes he does make some plays where you scratch your head but he also makes ones that you didn't think he could possibly get, like the screen play where he threw off the d lineman and that touchdown run against the jags a couple of weeks ago.

:D:doh::doh:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/gamelog?playerId=2586

I don't undertsand why everyone is calling for Thomas. he's a good spell back yes, but he is not better than Willis. His only good games were when willis was hurt against Green Bay and Indi, who have bad run defenses (both give up over 100 a game, and indi's is worse than ours). Willis is a good back and yes he does make some plays where you scratch your head but he also makes ones that you didn't think he could possibly get, like the screen play where he threw off the d lineman and that touchdown run against the jags a couple of weeks ago.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

877762[/snapback]

Of course Thomas isn't better than Willis. BUT. He does have one thing Willis doesn't have. He runs with a lot more power. Willis is a speed back.

Of course Thomas isn't better than Willis.  BUT.  He does have one thing Willis doesn't have.  He runs with a lot more power.  Willis is a speed back.

878080[/snapback]

Which means you fix the OL and provide the seams for Willis to run.

Yeah this loss might be tough to swallow for now, but the reality was from the beginning of the season, the Bills weren't going to make the playoffs.  This was a rebuilding year.  Testing to see who was good on our team and to see who were the players that would not help this team in the future.

There were many positives I see this year even though we didn't make the playoffs again.  Jp has finally come around at the last possible second and proved many people, like me, wrong that he's the Qb of the future.  He making better decisions with his passes and he beginning to mold into a great QB.  Another postive was that the offensive line has improved, especially during the later part in the season.  Terrence Pennington has improved and shows that even a rookie can play well on this offensive line.  Jason Peters has shown us that the he can play any position on the offensive line.  The defense should also be given credit.  Clements has shown that he must be resigned by the Bills.  Whitner and Simpson have showed us the rookies are sometimes better at their positions than veteran players.  Finally the coaching staff should be given a lot of credit including Marv Levy.  Bobby April is an unbelievable coach.  I'm seeing a huge raise for him and a major contract extension.  Also, Jauron has turn this team around and has given the fans of Buffalo something to look forward to next year.  He's shown that the Bills are contenders for the playoffs and we will be a playoff team next year.

Questions the offseason:

McGahee - What will happen to him in the offseason.  Will he be traded for a draft pick or lineman.

Clements - Easy.  Will he be resigned.

Defensive line - Mainly at defensive tackle.  We need another Sam Adams or Pat Williams there.

Offensive line - One thing I see.  Will Gandy finally be released.

The future looks bright for this team finally.  Just keep BILLieving. :thumbsup:

877228[/snapback]

Great post man! I couldnt agree more! This team is 7-8 right now but with a handfull of plays their season is totally different! This team is night and day when it come to this years and last years team!

Last years team didnt know how to win on the road....this year Buffalo should have won 6 games on the road! Week 1 against the Pats, the Detroit game and the Colts game!

This team is by far a better team, and for anyone to be upset about it, tells me one thing.....they dont know Bills football!

Here are some things to look forward to.

1. JP Losman is a good young QB. He played well the second half of the year.

3. Lee Evans is a All-Pro reciever.

4. Aaron Shoebel is a all pro DE.

5. London Fletcher is a stud and will be resigned. Wilson, Levy and Jauron like him.

5. The Special teams are great.

6. The team is full of good young players.

7. The coaching staff is good. (they made some bad calls, but who doesnt)

8. Marv Levy knows what hes doing. Just look how the team is compared to the past.

9. The Bills will have alot of Cap space to work with.

10. This team is close to being REALLY good.

877632[/snapback]

1. JP Losman is a good young QB. He played well the second half of the year. Agreed

2. Willis McGahee will be resigned. Levy and Jauron like his toughness.WM is gone after next year. He is an average RB with no elusiveness

3. Lee Evans is a All-Pro reciever.He is on his way to a very good career

4. Aaron Shoebel is a all pro DE.All Pro?? I don't think so. This is reserved for the TOP 2 DE's in the NFL

5. London Fletcher is a stud and will be resigned. Wilson, Levy and Jauron like him.Good player, but is at the age where some players hit the wall. Be careful how long of a contract you sign him to!

5. The Special teams are great.Agreed

6. The team is full of good young players.Only time will tell which of these young guns become above average starters

7. The coaching staff is good. (they made some bad calls, but who doesnt)I have no problem with the coaching staff. They appear to be an upgrade over the previous two regimes

8. Marv Levy knows what hes doing. Just look how the team is compared to the past.I'm not sure how much input Marv has at the draft and in terms of FA. Are most decisions primarily coming from Modrak and Guy???

9. The Bills will have alot of Cap space to work with.Doesn't mean Ralph is opening up the pocketbook!

10. This team is close to being REALLY good.No, the team is close to being GOOD. I would consider the term "really good" to be associated with a record of 12 wins or better and I believe this is at least 2 years away.

1. Agreed

2. WM is gone after next year.  He is an average RB with no elusiveness

3. He is on his way to a very good career

4. All Pro??  I don't think so.

5. Good player, but is at the age where some players hit the wall.  Be careful how long of a contract you sign him to!

5. Agreed

6. Only time will tell which of these young guns become above average starters

7. They appear to be an upgrade over the previous two regimes

8. Are most decisions primarily coming from Modrak and Guy???

9. Doesn't mean Ralph is opening up the pocketbook!

10. No, the team is close to being GOOD.

878328[/snapback]

Agree with you across the board. Especially on 2 and 5.

That one I'm not so sure about.  Thomas looked good this year when he filled in for Willis.  I hope Willis gets resigned and is still the #1 Rb, but there are rumors floating around the Bills community that he will be traded for a draft pick or a lineman.

877750[/snapback]

Then we better get a new RB to be his replacement, because Anthony Thomas is NOT a starting running back.

And I can assure you that McGahee will be back for next season, and he may even sign a long term deal in the offseason.