A successful year!

bull sh--.  the truth is this franchise is only good at one thing....losing.  it is not any big deal to go from lousy to mediocre in the nfl.  it's  so easy to do it's not worth mentioning. 

the bills still have an enormous job ahead of them in sifting out the players who can't execute under pressure and excising them from the roster.  just having a few good young guys doesn't mean sh--.

this franchise is so mired in losing, that it is not at all a given that they'll be any better next year,.  i am not saying they won't be, but crumbling today when the chips were down sure as hell doesn't bolster my confidence.  i don't know how anyone could feel like we made any progress at all after giving up a 7-minute drive to lose the game....it's more like WE'VE COME FULL CIRCLE.

877359[/snapback]

Ah, we have 8 months of this crap to read and write until opening day of '07.

Let the silly season begin!

Yeah this loss might be tough to swallow for now, but the reality was from the beginning of the season, the Bills weren't going to make the playoffs. This was a rebuilding year. Testing to see who was good on our team and to see who were the players that would not help this team in the future.

There were many positives I see this year even though we didn't make the playoffs again. Jp has finally come around at the last possible second and proved many people, like me, wrong that he's the Qb of the future. He making better decisions with his passes and he beginning to mold into a great QB. Another postive was that the offensive line has improved, especially during the later part in the season. Terrence Pennington has improved and shows that even a rookie can play well on this offensive line. Jason Peters has shown us that the he can play any position on the offensive line. The defense should also be given credit. Clements has shown that he must be resigned by the Bills. Whitner and Simpson have showed us the rookies are sometimes better at their positions than veteran players. Finally the coaching staff should be given a lot of credit including Marv Levy. Bobby April is an unbelievable coach. I'm seeing a huge raise for him and a major contract extension. Also, Jauron has turn this team around and has given the fans of Buffalo something to look forward to next year. He's shown that the Bills are contenders for the playoffs and we will be a playoff team next year.

Questions the offseason:

McGahee - What will happen to him in the offseason. Will he be traded for a draft pick or lineman.

Clements - Easy. Will he be resigned.

Defensive line - Mainly at defensive tackle. We need another Sam Adams or Pat Williams there.

Offensive line - One thing I see. Will Gandy finally be released.

The future looks bright for this team finally. Just keep BILLieving. :doh:

Good post. I agree.

As far as your questions go:

1. No, he won't be traded. Give Willis a better O-Line and he will exceed 1500 yards.

2. Unfortunately no, he won't be re-signed.

3. I concur. Hopefully the Bills pick up a stud in the offseason. This should be Marv's top priority.

4. Gandy earned a new contract. Let's try to land a RG and keep Preston as a utility lineman for depth.