Since my good points have been buried in other

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any amount ? How much do you have ?

877212[/snapback]

San Diego....

Far be it from me to argue with a fellow Southern Californian (except at Christmas time at the mall when we all seem to have lost our minds...but I degress)

This is not a good bet.....the OC is not going anywhere (neither is the DC)

When you score 29 points at home and eat up a fair amount of time of possesion then it is the DEFENSES fault that you win a game....

Our defense allowed VY and the breasts running game to go up and down the field on us.....we had a lead for christ sake and couldn't protect it.......

The defense lost that game

San Diego....

Far be it from me to argue with a fellow Southern Californian (except at Christmas time at the mall when we all seem to have lost our minds...but I degress)

This is not a good bet.....the OC is not going anywhere (neither is the DC)

When you score 29 points at home and eat up a fair amount of time of possesion then it is the DEFENSES fault that you win a game....

Our defense allowed VY and the breasts running game to go up and down the field on us.....we had a lead for christ sake and couldn't protect it.......

The defense lost that game

878185[/snapback]

I'll talk with you as long as you remain talking about it and don't start name calling over the whole thing. Many people besides myself have said the playcalling gets really bad when the game is on the line. Bad playcalling also includes clock management. I agree Fairchild is an improvement over the last 5 OC's or so but he still has room for improvment. he is maybe 85% there, but we need 100% efficiency. he is calling throwing plays stopping the clock when we need to run and eat up the clock, 2nd last series just before the half is an example.

3rd down just before the infamous 4th down debacle at the end of the game should have been a running down as well. It would have eaten clock and got the ball closer to maybe make the field goal.

Bizarre fake field goals earlier in the season, he goes Mularky on us at times during a game and costs us critical mistakes. Also run JP more like Vince Young.

It stuff like that , that leaves me wanting more from our OC. We need 100% efficiency. Not 85%

If we would have given at least a competent defensive effort yesterday.

Then the playcalling would not even be an issue.

I really do not have a big problem with the playcalling.

The Lee Evans pass to Royal was a brilliant call.

Just not executed properly.

And I'll take 85% for a first year coordinator.

It also becomes tougher to call plays when the defense gets consistent line penetration like the titans did on Sunday.

I am among the people who pin sunday's loss mostly on the defense.

I'll talk with you as long as you remain talking about it and don't start name calling over the whole thing. Many people besides myself have said the playcalling gets really bad when the game is on the line. Bad playcalling also includes clock management. I agree Fairchild is an improvement over the last 5 OC's or so but he still has room for improvment. he is maybe 85% there, but we need 100% efficiency. he is calling throwing plays stopping the clock when we need to run and eat up the clock, 2nd last series just before the half is an example.

3rd down just before the infamous 4th down debacle at the end of the game should have been a running down as well. It would have eaten clock and got the ball closer to maybe make the field goal.

Bizarre fake field goals earlier in the season, he goes Mularky on us at times during a game and costs us critical mistakes. Also run JP more like Vince Young.

It stuff like that , that leaves me wanting more from our OC. We need 100% efficiency. Not 85%

878400[/snapback]

878400[/snapback]

To me it isn't a problem with the play calling as much as it is the execution.....I actually think Fairchild would be looking like a genious if we get our OL to the point where we KNOW we can control the game with our running attack.....once we know it...our opponents will know it...and those passes that are sometimes ill advised will be so open that they will cause big plays....

We need to get more stout at RG.....so we can balance out our running game and not run to the left side on every play.....

Yes, bragging rights about a change made in who makes the final decsion on game hinging calls.

I wouldn't be surprized if Marv ends up jumping in on those calls.

877256[/snapback]

Yeah, Marv is going to have the headphones on and be involved in playcalling. That's what GMs do. :thumbsup:

If we would have given at least a competent defensive effort yesterday.

Then the playcalling would not even be an issue.

I really do not have a big problem with the playcalling.

The Lee Evans pass to Royal was a brilliant call.

Just not executed properly.

And I'll take 85% for a first year coordinator.

It also becomes tougher to call plays when the defense gets consistent line penetration like the titans did on Sunday.

I am among the people who pin sunday's loss mostly on the defense.

I agree the defense gave up the run, but I am focusing on the offense in this thread. Trying to get it from 85% to 100%.

To me it isn't a problem with the play calling as much as it is the execution.....I actually think Fairchild would be looking like a genious if we get our OL to the point where we KNOW we can control the game with our running attack.....once we know it...our opponents will know it...and those passes that are sometimes ill advised will be so open that they will cause big plays....

We need to get more stout at RG.....so we can balance out our running game and not run to the left side on every play.....

I agree the OL could improve, but we need to call runs more on third and short as well.

If I may chime in... I do agree the playcalling has had its bad moments this season; as well as, this past weekend. I agree, more runs at the end of the half eat more time and still allow for the fieldgoal. Also, the fieldgoal on the last play before the half, why not go for the TD? It was only a 4 pt lead if we don't score. Its a ballsy call, I know. The final 3 plays were questionable, at best.

However, overall, the play calling has been getting progressively better. I think its a function of the coaches getting more familiar with the players as much as anything. I also, don't think you can put an arbitrary 85% good on the playcalling; but for the sake of arguement, lets assume that's a good measure. 85% is not bad for a first year OC, new starters, new scheme, new everything. In fact I'd call it a great.

Now as for the game, it was totally on the defense. We score 29 points, punt only once, and lose the game? Young scrambles for a 36 yard TD, yet another long 4th quarter drive resulting in a score, the list could gon on. Defense, plain and simple, cost us this game.

I find it amazing that at this point that I feel more confident in the offense than I do the defense. I know the defnese has better rankings, but I see those as misleading stats. All too often, when it's needed most we can't stop the run. We lost this game because the Titans didn't give up on the run in the 4th quarter, period. Our DTs and LBs are just not good enough. I know everyone thinks Fletcher is great, but where was he in the 4th quarter? I'm giving TKO a pass, but maybe I shouldn't. The bottomline is this: when teams decide they're gonna run on us, they do. And we can't stop them. That should be pretty high on the list for off season activities (my list of priorities):

1. DTs

2. OGs

3. LBs

4. TE

5. RB

(of course, resign Nate is understood)

If I may chime in... I do agree the playcalling has had its bad moments this season; as well as, this past weekend. I agree, more runs at the end of the half eat more time and still allow for the fieldgoal. Also, the fieldgoal on the last play before the half, why not go for the TD? It was only a 4 pt lead if we don't score. Its a ballsy call, I know. The final 3 plays were questionable, at best.

However, overall, the play calling has been getting progressively better. I think its a function of the coaches getting more familiar with the players as much as anything. I also, don't think you can put an arbitrary 85% good on the playcalling; but for the sake of arguement, lets assume that's a good measure. 85% is not bad for a first year OC, new starters, new scheme, new everything. In fact I'd call it a great.

Now as for the game, it was totally on the defense. We score 29 points, punt only once, and lose the game? Young scrambles for a 36 yard TD, yet another long 4th quarter drive resulting in a score, the list could gon on. Defense, plain and simple, cost us this game.

I find it amazing that at this point that I feel more confident in the offense than I do the defense. I know the defnese has better rankings, but I see those as misleading stats. All too often, when it's needed most we can't stop the run. We lost this game because the Titans didn't give up on the run in the 4th quarter, period. Our DTs and LBs are just not good enough. I know everyone thinks Fletcher is great, but where was he in the 4th quarter? I'm giving TKO a pass, but maybe I shouldn't. The bottomline is this: when teams decide they're gonna run on us, they do. And we can't stop them. That should be pretty high on the list for off season activities (my list of priorities):

1. DTs

2. OGs

3. LBs

4. TE

5. RB

(of course, resign Nate is understood)

Good points ! I agree with all of them.