If the improbable happens and this team goes 7-9

Arkady Renko

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would view it as a successful season considering your expectations?

874429[/snapback]

that would depend on the reason for the two losses. If Buffalo for whatever reason finds itself injured, then no. If they straight tank it, I think bubbling optimism will give way to grumbling indifference.

I just remember how much we soured on the team and Bledsoe because of how the Pittsburgh game went.

874436[/snapback]

If they lose this game in all out suck fashion like they lost that game, you can expect to see the same reaction. The big difference is they're not going to be playing 3rd string wieners this time.

I just remember how much we soured on the team and Bledsoe because of how the Pittsburgh game went.

874436[/snapback]

Bledsoe playing in at least his 11th season at that point. There isn't much upside after your 11th year. Losman still has plenty of upside even if he sucks against the Ravens.

That TD to Royal really sold me on JP. He's had the best game of his career at least 3 times in the last 5 weeks.

This year was a success.

Generally yes this should be viewed as a successful season as overall, while predictions they would only win 1 to 3 games were simply silly and say more about the predictor and their lame attitude toward life than about the team, predictions they would merely repeat their 5 win season of last year were not outrageous.

Almost anyway you cut it, a 7 win season is an impressive improvement over last year and in particular given the many rookies starting on this team/

Losing the final two games would be an important thing, but its important not in terms of overall assessment of this team, but in terms of momentum going into the off-season in a league where the question of what have you done for us lately rules all.

Even with losses in the last two games only one against TN at home would rationally be viewed as an upset (even if Balt has little to play for in their final game) and this sad turn of events could simply be treated as a motivator by team leaders and the coaches. If they lose the last two, then the key as always is the future and if this team were to turn in a gut check and use these two losses as a motivator to improve then most of us will be happy as clams that they used the two losses as a motivator since their chances of making the playoffs even with winning out is not a done deal at all.

Would you view it as a successful season considering your expectations?

874429[/snapback]

I had a September bet with a co-worker, who said they'd go no better than 4-12. I said 5-11 or better. If I won, I got a case of Molson Canadian. If he won, I had to get him a case of Genesee Cream Ale and drink it with him. :lol: It was touch and go for awhile, and I'm very grateful that the "Screamers" will be put on hold for now.

In my heart of hearts, I felt we'd be 7-9 at best. But like everyone on this board......man, it's going to bite the big green one if they lose. It's too late now - the bandwagon's rolling and it's just wonderful.

Dunno about the Ravens, but I think we're in good shape for the Titans game. Vince Young might be a media darling and a great collegiate player, but has he ever had to play in THIS STUFF THIS LATE in the season? Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore.

Generally yes this should be viewed as a successful season as overall, while  predictions they would only win 1 to 3 games were simply silly and say more about the predictor and their lame attitude toward life than about the team, predictions they would merely repeat their 5 win season of last year were not outrageous.

874479[/snapback]

LOL. Don't be a dick, dude.

It's already absurd to claim to "know" a person just by their meaningless preseason prediction of how a football team does.

But predict 3 wins, and you're a self-hating loser? And predict 5 games, and you're fine and dandy? Psychology is that simple and granular, huh? If someone predicted 4 games, are they unhappy, but only because their parents beat them?

....while predictions they would only win 1 to 3 games were simply silly and say more about the predictor and their lame attitude toward life than about the team....

874479[/snapback]

This would have to be the most outrageous(by far) thing I've ever seen you type.

What happened?

Usually you are so rational & thoughtful. :lol:

I had a September bet with a co-worker, who said they'd go no better than 4-12.  I said 5-11 or better.  If I won, I got a case of Molson Canadian.  If he won, I had to get him a case of Genesee Cream Ale and drink it with him. 

874558[/snapback]

Thankfully you were right. I remember the end of high school I had a friend who would buy Genesee Cream Ale. We thought the kid was nuts.. Really, since he could tolerate drinking that stuff, he looked kinda smart. He did it so no one else would steal his beers at the party. Obviously in HS beers were tougher to come by and everyone would carry theirs around with them. Not this guy, he'd leave em in the middle of the party, no one went near that stuff.

As for the season, it'd still be a success... Better than anyone thought.. And I'd say we learned we have some serious young and upcoming talent. Even the OLine has made a turn for the better. However, being 7 - 7 with 2 weeks go to, id still be disappointed knowing we couldn't come up with some playoff feeling type wins. These are the games playoff teams win.

If they lose this game in all out suck fashion like they lost that game, you can expect to see the same reaction.  The big difference is they're not going to be playing 3rd string wieners this time.

874444[/snapback]

That 3rd string argument is weak, and getting weaker every day. First, Pitt had their entire starting OL playing. Second, their backup running back was starting, but guess what? He's in the Pro Bowl this year, so obviously wasn't a scrub.

To answer the original question - if we get blown out the next two games, that won't be good. If the games are close and hard-faught, then I'd be ok with it.

I'm bummed that I won't get to watch the game this week since my inlawls don't have DirecTV :lol:

That 3rd string argument is weak, and getting weaker every day.  First, Pitt had their entire starting OL playing.  Second, their backup running back was starting, but guess what?  He's in the Pro Bowl this year, so obviously wasn't a scrub.

To answer the original question - if we get blown out the next two games, that won't be good.  If the games are close and hard-faught, then I'd be ok with it.

I'm bummed that I won't get to watch the game this week since my inlawls don't have DirecTV :lol:

874625[/snapback]

Oooh that does suck. Take a portable dish and your reciever WITH YOU.

Oooh that does suck. Take a portable dish and your reciever WITH YOU.

874631[/snapback]

Yeah, I really shouldn't have thrown away my old dish - I could've put it on a tripod or something and possibly been able to watch the game. Oh well :lol:

Buffalo will just have to win to make the last game very important since I know I'll be able to watch that one :lol: