If the improbable happens and this team goes 7-9

Arkady Renko

......A game by game analysis simply shows how irrational some folks can be with their predictions.

875168[/snapback]

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. If we finished 3-13.....which was always very, very possible, what would you have been saying about the predictions? "But it was illogical to predict 3-13."? I predicted 7-9(IIRC).....maybe 8-8. At no time though did I ever believe that that was how things would pan out.

I agree with you on the 0 or 1 win predictions. Obviously people who predicted that were not using any form of logic that could be discussed. People who predicted 2-4 wins however were basically predicting us to be one of the worse teams in the league. I disagreed with the logic(or the importance they placed on certain points) but it certainly did not show an irrationality. Look at Ozymandius' points in post #33, you may have placed less importance to his logical reasonings but they WERE logical reasonings.

You said earlier..."....and say more about the predictor and their lame attitude toward life than about the team..."

By the way you are acting.....as if the only reasoning that is logical is your own reasonings & any other opinion is deserving of derision.....

I'd say that says more about you and your insecurities within yourself than it does about your ability to think logically.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hindsight is a wonderful thing......

875235[/snapback]

....and further more....

If you look at this season logically with hindsight you'd have to conclude that the logic points put forward by the 3-13ers was probably of higher importance than the reasonings of yourself(or myself).

If not for two fortuitous occurances on the team this year, we could easily have been 3-13 by the finish.

1) The second day draftees have been a boon for us this season. Not just filling in holes but filling those holes with talented play. As example of how important this is.....if Pennington did not look like he could handle things, then after the bye we probably wouldn't have re-shuffled the OL as we did....etc, etc. Getting that much productivity from them could certainly not have been factored into an 8-8 prediction.

2)JP has not only shown that he might be a decent QB but has stepped up to become a very positive factor in games. In any logical analysis(pre-season) one would have had to assume that at best he would progress to become a non-liability this season. If you study the progression & success rates of QBs, historically we should have assumed that JP would still be struggling at this point(if not showing himself to be a total bust). His progression could certainly not have been factored into an 8-8 prediction.

If those two things did not happen(along with better coaching than one could have logically expected), I believe we would probably be looking at 3 or 4 wins. I have learned from this. Next time I'm discussing a team which has a total change at not only all the coaching levels but also loses several key veterans....I'll be placing a higher importance on those factors when predicting said teams win/loss.

Simply put.......we are lucky to be looking at 7 to 9 wins and those that predicted in that range(myself included) were probably a bit out in our logical analysis of the situation.

*Which shows even more so that to deride the logic used by the 3-13ers is not only insulting but illogical.*