New Jumbotron next year

UnionAMG

When the stadium opened it was actually orange and black.

873754[/snapback]

When it opened in 1973, THAT was considered state of the art. No other NFL team had a scoreboard on which you could watch replays and other video graphics.

Prior to that time, it was all just static numbers for scores, down & distance, etc.

The one that freaks me out is the new thing going in down in Dallas. My god, it looks like The Titantic suspended from the roof of the arena. Why bother paying hundreds going to the game if you're just going to watch it on a big ass screen with minature versions (actual players) moving around below the screen?

"Some assembly required. Tools needed: philips screwdriver, cresent wrench, crane, degree in electronics"

873842[/snapback]

:lol::cry:

I am up for it! Not too far off on how we operate at work... :D

I just installed a video camera about 30 feet in the air a couple of weeks ago... Our radio guy (who couldn't climb that day) gave me the most important instructions...

"See these little stainless steel screws? Don't drop them in the river!" I said: "Can't we get more, they look awfully small." He said: "No...Don't drop them in the river." :lol:

What a pain the butt... The stainless is non-magnetic...

I take replacing a Jumbotron can't be that difficult? :lol::)

Yearly stadium-maintenance funds, as agreed to in the last lease.

In other words, taxpayers.

873498[/snapback]

This will eventually make Mike Brown happy, because he might be able to get one for free. The sweetheart-beyond-belief contract he has with Hamilton County stipulates that if a certain number of NFL stadiums do this or that improvement, the County must make similar improvements at Paul Brown Stadium, compliments of the taxpayer.

Brown's only responsibility is the playing surface - sort of. He went cheap, and paid for that miserable cow field that graced the joint for the first couple of years. And then paid to replace it with a modern artificial surface.

The little bald man bided his time. When NE replaced their lousy field, the contract clause kicked in.

Mikey, rubbing his hands like a fly over fresh dog doo, presented the County with a bill for a million and a quarter to reimburse him. And they did...

When it opened in 1973, THAT was considered state of the art. No other NFL team had a scoreboard on which you could watch replays and other video graphics.

Prior to that time, it was all just static numbers for scores, down & distance, etc.

That amber scoreboard is about the only thing I remember from my first Bills game... (OJ was still here, so I couldn't have been more than eight or nine years old). TreeSweet orange juice ads during TV timeouts; wonder if they still make that brand?

The one that freaks me out is the new thing going in down in Dallas. My god, it looks like The Titanic suspended from the roof of the arena. Why bother paying hundreds going to the game if you're just going to watch it on a big ass screen with minature versions (actual players)  moving around below the screen?

Can we secretly hope for a MarineMidlandArena-style "accident" with that scoreboard? Perhaps with Jerry Jones standing directly underneath?

:lol:

I remember that old scoreboard. You'd have about 10-15 lights that were out but I remember thinking...wow...look at that...a replay of just what happened...amazing...(mid 70's).....now look what their going for....

I'd love to play XBOX on that thing!

Also...put the radio feed into the bathrooms so I can hear whats going on while taking a Pi...

From BuffaloBills.com...

In 2007, the Bills will install a new Mitsubishi high definition LED video display measuring 33.5 feet by 82.8 feet. This installation will be only the second true high definition display in the NFL, largely as a result of the integral HD Processor used to produce the necessary lines of resolution (1080), to accurately depict an HD image. The current JumboTron was installed in 1994 and this week Bills fans will be able to vote on their top JumboTron moment.

873389[/snapback]

Does this mean they will actually show all the replays? Every game there are plays I want to see again and they simple wont show it. :lol:

Also...put the radio feed into the bathrooms so I can hear whats going on while taking a Pi...

873932[/snapback]

Agreed. Heck I wouldn't mind if they pumped the radio feed into the entire stadium so I can hear it while watching the play.