I cannot get the feeling of Karma in the air

:lol:

Maybe not but you have also witnessed 3rd string scrubs running the ball like they were All-Pro on us all season long.  That hasn't changed.  :rolleyes:

If we stop Henry then I think we win handedly.

873418[/snapback]

Seen Travis' numbers relative to McGahee's?

A karma thing that is working against us is Travis Henry.  His favorite team growing up in Florida drafts him, he makes the Pro Bowl in his 2nd year, and then gets traded away after we select a stud RB out of Miami. 

T-Hen will be playing some inspired ball and I think it may hurt us considering the way our Run-D has been playing.

873237[/snapback]

Our run D shut down the Phins last game.

Against Jacksonville, the Titans had 97 yards of total offense, with 41 coming on the ground. Young was sacked three times, they were 0-8 on third down conversions and had five first downs the entire game.

Part of me feels like this game can emulate the Fish game in that as soon as we realized Joey couldn't throw, we spent the entire time trying to stop the run. The ONLY reason the Titans beat Garrard and the Jaguars is because they scored three defensive touchdowns on turnovers of 83, 92 and 61 yards.

Alternately, Jacksonville got over 200 yards on the ground and almost another 200 in the air. If we can put up those numbers and protect the ball, this game will be easier than would initially be considered based on this team's sudden mystique.

873391[/snapback]

While I agree that those are low offensive numbers and the Tennessee offense isn't exactly potent, that Jacksonville game is a bit deceiving. The Titans defense was on the field for something like 35 plays in a row due to the touchdowns they produced, thus keeping the offense on the bench.

Fixed that for you. We've done very well lately in adjusting at the half.

873456[/snapback]

It's usually pretty easy to not get run on in the second half when you're blowing out teams like the Bills have been the past few weeks.

Before that San Diego had 92 yards rushing in the first half and 197 total yards rushing on the game, which means they gashed the Bills for 105 yards on the ground in the second half.

Jax rushed for 73 yards in the second half. While that is a good deal less than the 130 or so they ran up in the first half, it's still horrible.

The run D is still a problem. Hopefully the Bills can get a lead and take the Titans off their gameplan.

Against Jacksonville, the Titans had 97 yards of total offense, with 41 coming on the ground. Young was sacked three times, they were 0-8 on third down conversions and had five first downs the entire game.

Part of me feels like this game can emulate the Fish game in that as soon as we realized Joey couldn't throw, we spent the entire time trying to stop the run. The ONLY reason the Titans beat Garrard and the Jaguars is because they scored three defensive touchdowns on turnovers of 83, 92 and 61 yards.

Alternately, Jacksonville got over 200 yards on the ground and almost another 200 in the air. If we can put up those numbers and protect the ball, this game will be easier than would initially be considered based on this team's sudden mystique.

873391[/snapback]

Agreed. This Titans team is winning by smoke and mirrors, not by dominating anyone. Let's see how they fare against a team that doesn't gift wrap 3 TDs for them.

I'm worried not only about Henry gashing us on the run, but the QB Vince Young taking advantage of our pass rush to find running lanes. We've been getting hurt real bad on draw plays, and a runnign QB like Young could make us look real bad.

We need to force turnovers and cover Pacman on punts and kickoffs.

- The last time we were in the playoffs it was the Titans who took us out.....we have not been there since

- I cannot help but get the feeling should we win AGAINST the Titans then the karma will be that the playoff scenarios will play out and we will get in....

WOW...

873217[/snapback]

If a team can rally from a 35-3 second half deficit to win a playoff game, then make it all the way to the Super Bowl only to get blown out.........out the door goes ANY notion of karma or destiny playing any part in pro sports.