The goal line stand at the end of the game

Gary M

Buffalo played it like it was the Super Bowl.

Even though the mass exodus started after the third TD, the remaining crowd was as loud as a full stadium.

It PROVED to me that the rivalry is alive and well.

Miami wanted that TD very badly - if they only wanted to avoid a shutout it was a pooch kick away.

I was at a bar w one other Bills fan, and about fifteen Dolfans were there. They were all wanting the TD bad, it was obvious. I found myself getting that old familiar playoff football pumped up feeling, really wanting the stop. If the Fins wanted to avoid the shutout they could have just kicked the fieldgoal, but noooo.... they wanted the TD, to make some kind of point! They did not make a point. To stop them play after play (and on an extra one w no time) was sweeeeeet!

Stopping the players was big but saban was only throwing us a bone not going after the FG.  I figured he would take the easy 3 to thwart the shutout. 

More class than I thought he had.

870108[/snapback]

Can anyone think of an example where this has happened in an NFL game? I mean when the game is obviously lost, and there's very little time left on the clock, it's one thing to keep playing and try to score a TD, but to pull the FG unit on just to remove the goose egg? I can't ever recall someone doing that. Just curious.

Can anyone think of an example where this has happened in an NFL game?  I mean when the game is obviously lost, and there's very little time left on the clock, it's one thing to keep playing and try to score a TD, but to pull the FG unit on just to remove the goose egg?  I can't ever recall someone doing that.  Just curious.

870118[/snapback]

I believe Tampa Bay did it just two weeks ago against Pittsburgh...

The great thing about the shut out was stopping them and then relizing they'd get another play with no time on the clock. On the second play we stuffed them even harder and it felt to me like we shut them out twice.....I can only imagine how good the team felt after the second shut out in a matter of seconds ....We will not be denied!!

I was at a bar w one other Bills fan, and about fifteen Dolfans were there.   They were all wanting the TD bad, it was obvious.   I found myself getting that old familiar playoff football pumped up feeling, really wanting the stop.   If the Fins wanted to avoid the shutout they could have just kicked the fieldgoal, but noooo.... they wanted the TD, to make some kind of point!    They did not make a point.  To stop them play after play (and on an extra one w no time) was sweeeeeet!

870101[/snapback]

I was at a place with my kids as the sole Bills fans - there were about 8 Dolfans there during the game, all but two had left by the end of the game. We were watching the end to cheer for the shutout - when they stopped them that last play I involuntarily screamed out "Yeeeaahhh!!!!!!!" - and the two Dolfans that were left turned around and I just had to smile.

At one point in the 4th, before the last TD, one of them had turned around and asked "What's your record?" - to which I replied - "7-7.....after today" - that felt good :rolleyes:

I couldn't believe who loud that last minute was at the stadium. There was only like 1/8 - 1/4 of the stadium at that time and it was as loud as a full stadium.

On a side note 71,000 and still a blackout, just sad

870259[/snapback]

It wasn't THAT loud. I think Bills fans needed the shutout more than the team did- since the bastards stop serving beer at halftime, we were out of stuff to throw at the Dolphins fans that were still there. The Stormin Morman's bat-down provided that one necessary last second taunt in place of being able to throw 10 ounces of Budweiser at them...

4th Down stops or goaline... doesn't matter. Combined they mean our defense is getting a bit of a swagger that they will need for the two remaining games.

I will also admit, as much as blasted Nate for his play last year... he is playing great now. Whether it be for the big contract or whatever. I was wrong.

On the side note about the defense... If my math is correct, Miami had only 102 yards rushing as a team.