Next years Bills

grampalevy

Pevious posts made it clear that the Bills should focus on keeping their own free agents. I agree. BUT ...I think, if they want to make a seroius run in the AFC, they would need to be a little more active in the off-season.

Their are some wasted roster spots that could be filled with more productive players. Here are some of the needs that need to be filled.

Shaud Williams- - -replaced with a real 3rd down back

Tim Anderson----with a DT that fits more their scheme.

Everett- - - With a stretch the field big target wr'ing te.

Reyes- - Young Gaurd to challenge Duke would be great. It would also allow Gandy to bump out in case of injury at OT.

Price/Reed---I like both of them but a big WR at Z and one of these guys or Parish in the slot would be better.

Haggan - -They need a linebacker that cannot only play special teams but could actually play some defense.

I'm not trying to be negative..just would like to know what you think.

Pevious posts made it clear that the Bills should focus on keeping their own free agents.  I agree. BUT ...I think, if they want to make a seroius run in the AFC,  they would need to be a little more active in the off-season.

Their are some wasted roster spots that could be filled with more productive players. Here are some of the needs that need to be filled.

Reyes- - Young Gaurd to challenge Duke would be great. It would also allow Gandy to bump out in case of injury at OT.

Price/Reed---I like both of them but a big WR at Z and one of these guys or Parish in the slot would be better.

Haggan - -They need a linebacker that cannot only play special teams but could actually play some defense.

868404[/snapback]

I agree with most but i believe you gotta keep Price and reed, reed has been steady all year and price is getting better by the week. also i would ex Shelton but only if we get a great Fb in the draft. forgot he guys name from rutgers i think.

Pevious posts made it clear that the Bills should focus on keeping their own free agents.  I agree. BUT ...I think, if they want to make a seroius run in the AFC,  they would need to be a little more active in the off-season.

868404[/snapback]

I agree with all this but you have to keep Price, Reed, Haggan. Price seems like he's back to his old self, Reed is a decent #4 Wr, and Haggan is great when it comes to special teams.

Reed's not going anywhere. Signed a big contract, plays well.

You are right, I believe most of those players will be replaced. You can throw Kelsay in the mix.

868570[/snapback]

Mike, I predict that you are going to fall off of your chair when you see what Kelsay signs for as a UFA. The man simply does not belong in a class with Anderson.

Kelsay is a DE who can rush the passer.

Anderson is a DT who doesn't tie up blockers or tackle people.

Our talent is still in the bottom 10 of the league, and we've been overachieving thanks to chemistry and Jauron.  If we don't improve our talent this offseason, next season will be as disappointing as this season has been surprising.

868595[/snapback]

:thumbdown: I don't agree at all. I think our talent is much higher than that. I agree with the Shaud and Anderson and Reyes. Everett has been underachieving and I would liek to see more out of the TE position. Nate, a #3 DT (or #2 or #1 if we can find someone better than McCargo and Larry), a stud RG, a pass catching TE, linebacker depth to groom for the future, and then whatever best values are out there.

:thumbdown:  I don't agree at all.  I think our talent is much higher than that.  I agree with the Shaud and Anderson and Reyes.  Everett has been underachieving and I would liek to see more out of the TE position.  Nate, a #3 DT (or #2 or #1 if we can find someone better than McCargo and Larry), a stud RG, a pass catching TE, linebacker depth to groom for the future, and then whatever best values are out there.

868626[/snapback]

I TE is a really tricking position to figure out, I think we can get someone better than Neufeld in terms of playing ability, but if Cieslak and Royal really step up we could keep him for special teams. Also I really want to see more of Cieslak I think he could end up becoming really good.

Reed's not going anywhere. Signed a big contract, plays well.

You are right, I believe most of those players will be replaced. You can throw Kelsay in the mix.

868570[/snapback]

I think we almost have to keep Reed. I have a feeling Price is on borrowed time.

Mike, I predict that you are going to fall off of your chair when you see what Kelsay signs for as a UFA. The man simply does not belong in a class with Anderson.

Kelsay is a DE who can rush the passer.

Anderson is a DT who doesn't tie up blockers or tackle people.

868606[/snapback]

Kelsay has surprised me this year- I just think Denney has out played him. I just long for a premier pass rushing Defensive End from the left side. Anderson has been a huge disappointment. Over the next 3 games, the coaches will evaluate Kelsay. I fell off my chair when they re-signed Denney, but he has had a great season.

Quote (buffalomike)

Kelsay has surprised me this year- I just think Denney has out played him. I just long for a premier pass rushing Defensive End from the left side.

actually, kelsay and denney have combined for 11 sacks so far this season.

Everett has been a total bust...Looks like Tarzan///plays like Jane..I remember The Coach saying that about Lonnie Johnson back in the day.I think Lonnie was better though.

I asked awhile back if it was needed to have both DT's undersized in the Cover 2..It seems some beef is needed.Anderson sure aint the answer..Huge linebackers..maybe?

I like Kelsay..but Denney/Hargrove can fill in.Too many other positions that need upgrade.

I agree with most but i believe you gotta keep Price and reed, reed has been steady all year and price is getting better by the week. also i would ex Shelton but only if we get a great Fb in the draft. forgot he guys name from rutgers i think.

868567[/snapback]

Brian Leonard. He is smart, fast, good blocker, moved from tailback to make room for Rice. He hails from Gouveneur, NY. Was outstanding HS basketball player so he can catch too. Higher character you will not find

868567[/snapback]

I agree, Price has made some clutch cathes this year, I think this team needs a big WR for red zone situations. Price certainly does not get as many looks as Lee does, this is b/c JP is still developing.

If the O-line continues steady and JP looks off his check down a bit more I see Price nailing 700 yards next season.

The guy has great hands and footwork.

I don't have a problem with keeping Haggan. Remember Stamer went down with injury, he can play both defense and special teams. With Ellison and DiGiorgio I think we can afford to keep Haggan until his contract is up.

Shaud Williams is a nice player but we could do better at that position. If both McGahee and Thomas can't play. we're in deep schit.

Reed and Price are going nowhere but I agree we could use a big target at WR.

Anderson is caca, we need to bring a more solid nose tackle, one that doesn't get pushed 3 yards in any given snap.

I don't know what to make about Everett and Reyes.

I'd like Daniel Graham as well.

868892[/snapback]

I like Graham but would rather have someone like Watson. I know he's not a free agent but I think we need more of that H type pass catcher. Especially if were locked into the same recievers for next year. Graham would be great but I think Royal is kind of the poor mans version.

Brian Leonard. He is smart, fast, good blocker, moved from tailback to make room for Rice. He hails from Gouveneur, NY. Was outstanding HS basketball player so he can catch too. Higher character you will not find

868677[/snapback]

I bet you he'd be a great special teams guy as well. He's right up Levy's alley.