I'm buying season tickets for the LA Bills

CJPearl2

I live in Orange County now and I'm very excited at the Bills' move here. I will have at least 2 season tickets. Can't Wait!!! Thanks Buffalo-area fans. I can finally go to every home game now.

If the Tennessee game doesn't sell out (which Ill be at while visiting family) you can kiss this team goodbye. If we can't sell out because the Sabres are so hot then we don't deserve to have 2 professional sports teams.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Orange County now and I'm very excited at the Bills' move here. I will have at least 2 season tickets. Can't Wait!!! Thanks Buffalo-area fans. I can finally go to every home game now.

If the Tennessee game doesn't sell out (which Ill be at while visiting family) you can kiss this team goodbye. If we can't sell out because the Sabres are so hot then we don't deserve to have 2 professional sports teams.

868211[/snapback]

You're a frigging idiot, get off this board retard.

868211[/snapback]

um ok coming from somebody in orange county :lol:. Please the raiduhs are also getting blacked out right now. Does Jokeland/ Than franthisco deserve to have 2 football teams, 2 baseball teams and a basketball team?

868211[/snapback]

yeah go to hell.

868211[/snapback]

:lol:

I can't wait for SoCal to fall into the ocean after your next earthquake so that the Clippers can return to Buffalo and be the Braves again.

I realize all the WNYers hate to hear it,but you are in serious danger of losing your team if you won't fill the stadium. On the flip side if you guys would consistently sell out,like Green Bay,I think a pro football franchise would always be in Buffalo.It's really up to the local fans to show up.

I realize all the WNYers hate to hear it,but you are in serious danger of losing your team if you won't fill the stadium. On the flip side if you guys would consistently sell out,like Green Bay,I think a pro football franchise would always be in Buffalo.It's really up to the local fans to show up.

868282[/snapback]

Oh, so they're going to move the team because 73,000 people show up this Sunday instead of 75,000 people? The Bills are not going anywhere for decades unless Ralph sells them to someone who wants to move the team, which isn't going to happen.

868282[/snapback]

You do realize that over 40% of the Bills' home games in the 90s were blacked out, right? This sudden panic by a lot of simple minded people is comical, nothing else.

You do realize that over 40% of the Bills' home games in the 90s were blacked out, right? This sudden panic by a lot of simple minded people is comical, nothing else.

868287[/snapback]

There wasn't SUNDAY TICKET in the 90's, and there wasn't the internet with constant output to fans in NFL markets. The NFL grows and grows, but Buffalo has shrunk.

I don't blame people for turning their backs after Donahoe raped and pillaged the city, but I would think all things considered, we are 50/50 at best to be here 10 years from now.

There are only two reasons to move:

1) Ralph wants more money

2) Whoever buys the team from Ralph wants more money

I'm in southern California, but would be heartbroken if the Bills left Buffalo. I'm disappointed 75,000 locals aren't going to the game, because I think the Bills have the best fans, and our sellout streak is currently at zero (which is way behind Green Bay if my facts are right). But whether 72,000 or 75,000 show up doesn't have any impact at all on whether the Bills can survive in Buffalo. They can, and they will until an owner gets greedy for one reason or another. I can't see Ralph doing it, but I really hope he sells the team to a very wealthy local interest invested in the community.

868211[/snapback]

I also live in Orange County and you know what. I feel just the opposite. While I enjoy going to see the Bills play in San Diego, Arizona, and the Bay Area besides flying to Buffalo and seeing them at the Ralph, the big difference if they moved here is this...they no longer would be the Bills and that would suck. The Bills belong in Buffalo only. Any other city and they are no longer the Bills. Somehow, we need to make sure the Bills stay the Buffalo Bills with their residence in Buffalo.

:lol:

I can't wait for SoCal to fall into the ocean after your next earthquake so that the Clippers can return to Buffalo and be the Braves again.

868247[/snapback]

Wow, there is a mature response. Let's root for death and destruction to have the Clippers come home. No wonder there are so many brawls at the Ralph these days

868211[/snapback]

I can't tell how much seriousness is in your thread, so I'll refrain from the monosyllabic responses that first come to mind.

If I were you, I'd be looking at the "move" from the other direction. I'll agree that, despite the pious bleatings, the NFL couldn't give a rat's hairy patoot if the small market that is Buffalo loses the Bills. The NFL's problem is not that Buffalo gets crushed. The NFL's problem is that there is ZERO fan support for their product in Los Angeles, and it's been shown by fans and political power-brokers (where is that new stadium, anyway?) for two decades. I'm speaking from experience. I'm one of the few posters on this board that has HAD season tickets to a Los Angeles-area football team. As a Rams season ticket holder from '87 (yeah, the strike year) through '90, I was continually amazed at:

1) The tepid, passive nature of the "crowds", and the way they would stare incredulously at anyone who dared cheer the team on. God forbid you screamed "DEFENSE!!!"....you might spill someone's Chardonnay.

2) The way people BAILED by half time. I've never seen anything like it! There was an innate fear of being caught in traffic at game's end. The team could be up by 10-14 points, the game could be wild.....and ZOOM! The crowd sucked out of that stadium like a turd in a bowl.

3) Not that there was all that great a threat to jam up the freeways. The Rams rarely packed in 60,000 people, and that was when they were competitive in '89.

So....go ahead and fire off your stinging little posts about the Bills leaving for more profitable climes. It might happen, unless Ralph and a locally-based consortium can get something arranged quickly (because Ralph ain't gonna be around more than about 36 months - deal with it, he's 88 or so). But the Bills going to Los Angeles? Buddy, any team that heads to Los Angeles will be cold oatmeal within 5 years, because the fans simply couldn't care less. They're just the worst in the country, and I've lived it. Too much else going on, too much apathy, too superficial, no passion.