Good Parking

yankmeebills

I swear by the ECC lot. It's only 10 bucks and it's the easiest lot to get the hell out of after the game.

867623[/snapback]

Ditto on that. Have been parking in the ECC lot for since 87. Always coming from Grand Island. Give you an example on traffic. Went to the Patsies game this year, stayed till the end, drank a beer after the game in the lot, had to drop some boys off at the Hampton in downtown Buffalo, and was at the Buffalo airpot by 5.35!

AROUND the community college across the street from the stadium....little bit of a walk but not much traffic fighting after the game..............................

Bad phasing on my part.  By public I mean those that anyone can park in for a set fee. The lots I call  private lots are those that the taxpayers pay for and the DAMNED overpaid erie county water board employees and cronies use (and padlock shut) and one on the top of the hill that belongs to a taxpaying business that chooses dos not allow public usage.

No offense intended Hammer.  Your lot is the best party lot but saving 45 min on the trip back to Utica is the differentiator for me.

867618[/snapback]

Bad phasing on my part.  By public I mean those that anyone can park in for a set fee. The lots I call  private lots are those that the taxpayers pay for and the DAMNED overpaid erie county water board employees and cronies use (and padlock shut) and one on the top of the hill that belongs to a taxpaying business that chooses dos not allow public usage.

No offense intended Hammer.  Your lot is the best party lot but saving 45 min on the trip back to Utica is the differentiator for me.

867618[/snapback]

California Rd is the best, park there for every game. I suppose you can take a chance and park in some of those private non-attended lots of businesses and see what happens. I go for the $6 lots

That EC water property, I'm going to put my own chain and lock on those gates myself sometime and lock them in :lol:

I'm coming to my first game on Sunday and was wondering were the best places are to park.  Looking for something close but secure and not much cash and w/o dealing with the traffic after the game.  I will be coming off the thru-way from Rochester.

Thanks

866997[/snapback]

OK, if you're coming from points east here is the best place to park period. I come from Rochester. Actually party at the Hammer lot and sometimes park there if I plan to stay after the game. If I want to go home after, this is where to park and is also a decent place to party:

90 east to exit 48A

take 77s (right after exit) to 20A east (NOT 20). This is a flashihg light.

20A east to Orchard Park. In Orchard Park there is a traffic light (could be the first) with route 178 - take right. 2nd left is Taylor (general Taylor, private taylor, something taylor) - take left. Continue on as it bears around to the right through the underpass. First left past the underpass is Ellis. Take Ellis to the end - California. Park at second lot on left. $10. Takes 1 hour 45 min to make this trip from Rochester at 3 AM, but leaving a Bills game it takes the same time. Extra 15 miles but it is worth the distance to avoid the traffic after the game. Big down hill and uphill climb from the lot to the game, probably 10 minutes, never timed it.

At any rate if you want an easy out to points east after the game this is where you want to park.

Oh yeah, reverse these directions on your return.

Harv, since you're in Drive 5, I assume you're going Southwestern ==> California Rd. ==> Milestrip to get to 219N?

867187[/snapback]

I only go 219 if I beat the traffic (usually a game that ends on the last play of the game). When that happens, I take Southwestern to Milestrip (the one further up where it loops around back to Southwestern) to 219 etc, However when I get out behind the early leavers, since I stay to the end, I usually go straight east/north on Southwestern until Depew exit of 90. This gives me the opportunity to stop at either Andersons or Burger King & eat while I drive.

I swear by the ECC lot. It's only 10 bucks and it's the easiest lot to get the hell out of after the game.

867623[/snapback]

When I lived in Tonawanda & Kenmore, I always parked there and went home on local roads avoiding the highways that jam up near the stadium. It's best for someone who lives local or is headed west, not east.

You park in stadium lot 5 which is not near Hammer's Lot so I do not know how you know about traffic after every game at my lot.

867575[/snapback]

In the past, when there was a Bills Express, and a couple of times since, I've been in the bus lot on Abbott, observed the traffic and though the traffic was a little rough going east via Southwestern. I've also been there a couple of times for the opening day tailgates when I've bummed a ride with Petrino.

As I said, your lot is great if you want to linger and avoid the traffic altogether.

California Rd is the best, park there for every game.  I suppose you can take a chance and park in some of those private non-attended lots of businesses and see what happens.  I go for the $6 lots

That EC water property, I'm going to put my own chain and lock on those gates myself sometime and lock them in    :lol:

868239[/snapback]

California and I park for free.... Obviously if you are there early you are ready to tailgate.... After the border, getting food we usually are there around noon. It is a 10-15 minute walk but you are out in a flash, no traffic....

California is off Milestrip (past the mall, Target, Premier, cinemas, Kohls and the left before the lights....