Good Parking

yankmeebills

I'm coming to my first game on Sunday and was wondering were the best places are to park.  Looking for something close but secure and not much cash and w/o dealing with the traffic after the game.  I will be coming off the thru-way from Rochester.

Thanks

866997[/snapback]

Ditto on Hammer's lot. It's a great location to the stadium and all that the Bills' tailgating and gameday experience has to offer. But to set your expectations, in close there is nothing inexpensive and at a near-sellout you are going to be dealing with traffic no matter where you park. Enjoy your first game...don't be in a hurry...come early to check out the R-V lots, the Fieldhouse & store, tailgating, fans, etc. Hammer will show you the way to the Pinto Kenny experience. Then hang around after the game and talk about the victory and wait for the traffic to thin.

I'm coming to my first game on Sunday and was wondering were the best places are to park.  Looking for something close but secure and not much cash and w/o dealing with the traffic after the game.  I will be coming off the thru-way from Rochester.

Thanks

866997[/snapback]

There's no such parking that fits your requirements.

Here's what I do: I get there early & park in drive 5, one of the 1st few rows right by the exit. Since the police let the stadium lot traffic out and the private lots do not, a private lot is tougher to get out of. By parking near the exit, I don't get burried deep in the lot, which can happen if you're a lot of rows away from the exit. I have a 5 hour ride home & getting out easily is very important to me.

The cost is $15.

Now if you plan on leaving before the crowd, or if you want to extend your tailgaiting past gametime, Hammer's lot is good, but, sorry Hammer, Abbott Rd is not the place for someone looking for a quick exit from the stadium area. However, your lot is one of the best for lingering after the game.

PS: If there's a lot of traffic, don't get on 219 or the Thruway going home. Go straight up 20 (Southwestern) & stay on when it becomes 78 (Transit Rd) & get on the Thruway at Depew-you avoid the big toll booths. However, if you manage to beat the traffic, take 219 to the Thruway.

Hammer's lot. I come from Australia and always park at Hammer's...enough of a recommendation. It's next door to the stadium. Take your time leaving and traffic's never been a problem.

867174[/snapback]

Australia?? That's a hellava commute.......how often do you go to the games?

(I just got back from Sydney a couple weeks ago)

With all the tickets remaining for the game I really don't think that parking will be an isuue what so ever. You should be able to get some good front row spots with the amount of folks not going to the game. :lol:  :oops:

867015[/snapback]

5000 is not a lot, out of 75,000

866997[/snapback]

Hammer's lot is good for the annual tailgate party but does not meet your criteria.

For ease, speed and frugality take T-Way Exit 49 and go down Rt 20 (Transit Rd). Take a left on California Rd and use one of the three public lots. The lot on the right is $5, the left ones are $6. $6 lots are paved; $5 can be muddy but you can get in line much easier since it's further up the hill.. The cops at the corner stop traffic regularly to let you back onto Rt 20. Just keep moving and stick to the right lane.

I have never been there, but Hammers lot has a very good reputation so that is something I would probably recommend.

Other than that, I usually park at someones house across from the 7/11 on the corner of abbot road. Its only $10, usually has free space, and is pretty easy access to the thruway after the game. Not to mention its very close to the stadium.

Australia?? That's a hellava commute.......how often do you go to the games?

(I just got back from Sydney a couple weeks ago)

867221[/snapback]

G'day mate. About every 2-3 years: 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004 and this year. Yep, it's hellava commute... hope Sydney was kind to you :ph34r:

I have never been there, but Hammers lot has a very good reputation so that is something I would probably recommend.

Other than that, I usually park at someones house across from the 7/11 on the corner of abbot road. Its only $10, usually has free space, and is pretty easy access to the thruway after the game. Not to mention its very close to the stadium.

867453[/snapback]

Only $10 and YOU GOT STUCK and had to be PULLED OUT last game. Thats what we call a Bargoon!

Hammer's lot is good for the annual tailgate party but does not meet your criteria.

For ease, speed and frugality take T-Way Exit 49 and go down Rt 20 (Transit Rd).  Take a left on California Rd and use one of the three public lots.  The lot on the right is $5, the left ones are $6.  $6 lots are paved; $5 can be muddy but you can get in line much easier since it's further up the hill..  The cops at the corner stop traffic regularly to let you back onto Rt 20.  Just keep moving and stick to the right lane.

867431[/snapback]

You are talking about PRIVATE Lots not public parking lots.

There's no such parking that fits your requirements. 

Here's what I do:  I get there early & park in drive 5, one of the 1st few rows right by the exit.  Since the police let the stadium lot traffic out and the private lots do not, a private lot is tougher to get out of.  By parking near the exit, I don't get burried deep in the lot, which can happen if you're a lot of rows away from the exit.  I have a 5 hour ride home & getting out easily is very important to me.

The cost is $15. 

Now if you plan on leaving before the crowd, or if you want to extend your tailgaiting past gametime, Hammer's lot is good, but, sorry Hammer, Abbott Rd is not the place for someone looking for a quick exit from the stadium area.  However, your lot is one of the best for lingering after the game.

867159[/snapback]

You park in stadium lot 5 which is not near Hammer's Lot so I do not know how you know about traffic after every game at my lot.

Um, I do let traffic out of my lot.

Hammer's Lot has neaver had a locked car broken into. Stadium lots lack security. Do you ever wonder why they never publish all the brake ins in the daily news.

If you leave right after the game there is NO problem leaving via Abbott Road.

If you hang around, than 1 hour after the game traffic is clear.

The farther away from the stadium the cheaper the parking is.

You are talking about PRIVATE Lots not public parking lots.

867565[/snapback]

Bad phasing on my part. By public I mean those that anyone can park in for a set fee. The lots I call private lots are those that the taxpayers pay for and the DAMNED overpaid erie county water board employees and cronies use (and padlock shut) and one on the top of the hill that belongs to a taxpaying business that chooses dos not allow public usage.

No offense intended Hammer. Your lot is the best party lot but saving 45 min on the trip back to Utica is the differentiator for me.