[ot] AWOL soldier seeks refuge in Canada

udonkey

Your first comment doesn't make sense.  If you kill one how do 10 replace him then?  They are all like that!!!  Don't get confused buddy.  They don't believe Israel has the right to exist.  Any God fearing person can tell you that is a lie!  The Holy Land belongs to the Jews alone. 

Nuking them may be an option.  The world is just waiting for Iran to launch first.

865120[/snapback]

Whose God? Your God?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody has the right to say a damn thing unless you have served yourself.  A lot of the tactics used to sign people up in HS and what not are VERY misleading.

865124[/snapback]

Well yeah, but if he has been in over 9 years he has re-enlisted.

Flame away.

You honor your committment to YOUR COUNTRY...

I am against the war... I view it as immoral... Yet, I don't condone this desertion... Very selfish, but it seems to be working for his family?

He does seem to have established a life for him and his family... Yes, he abandoned his wife and kid... They were reunited a month later. I can't see how he would do this... I guess the network helped up there?

The Army cancelled the wife and son's health benny's... So they went up to Canada... The the wife says I give it a year, after three days she is okay with the new life... Is life up there really that great? :w00t::P I guess the son will get treatment there gratis?

Jill Hart, who had thrown herself into the military life, was told the Army would stop health benefits for her epileptic son, then 3.

"I thought we had this great relationship," she recalled of her life within the military. "It made it very clear I'd been living in this world seeing what I wanted to see."

She flew to Toronto, where the family was reunited in September 2005, a month after her husband crossed the border. Jill Hart decided to give it a year. "Three days later I was fine," she recalled.

I guess the whole family is together now...

Again... He did what he did and can't come back... Very wrong, but his family is together... :doh::D

Then on the other hand... The DoD seems to be really cracking down and coming down hard on deserters...

In October, two of the self-described war resisters returned to the USA and turned themselves in. Kyle Snyder, 23, of Colorado Springs, was ordered to return to his unit. He has since disappeared. Darrell Anderson, 24, of Lexington, Ky., received an other-than-honorable discharge.

:D:(

I for one am thankful for Canada's involvement in Afghanistan. That being said, I think your government should extradite these CRIMINALS asap.

864213[/snapback]

Because they are seeking political asylum?

Seems if the DoD was really serious they would crack dowm on the deserters... You know what they do? Read the last paragraph of the article...

Ooooo... Making them return to their unit or give them a dishonorable is really being tough... :w00t::P

It is a joke to how they handle these guys... I expect dissertion to get worse... :doh:

You're asking the wrong question. The correct question to ask is "How many of you guys claiming this guy is a kitty have made a commitment to serve in the military only to abandon your fellow soldiers, wife and child to go running home -- with absolutely no notice to anyone but your mommy -- because you couldn't keep your commitment?"

That's where my issue is. I keep my commitments to my family and my country so yes, he's a !@#$ing coward kitty piece of schit.

864342[/snapback]

His wife and kid is with him and his new life... Read the article, the wife and son met up with him in Toronto a month later.

Maybe he temporaily abandoned them soas not to blow his cover?

I don't condone what he did... Again, it is working for him and his family... He thought of himself and his family over his country...

Whippty do... Not that I would... Is this a world where we not think of ourselves first?

Everybody get over yourselves...

Half the problem is that they won't say boo if he ever returns... He will get his dishonorble or what not... That is THE REAL PROBLEM...

Tenny, you can say none of your damn business and I won't be offended. 

And I ask out of curiosity not to pick a fight.

But considering your distinguished service record, why would you not be excited about USMC's service?

864723[/snapback]

I'm assuming it's not really my actual service to this country that he has a problem with but moreso the political side of his opposition to the war in Iraq.

I'm assuming it's not really my actual service to this country that he has a problem with but moreso the political side of his opposition to the war in Iraq.

865192[/snapback]

I'm only shitting! I do appreciate USMC's service as I do all who serve. While I admire it, his major achievement in MY book is OUTSTANDING BIOTD's for which I would nominate him for the hall of fame!

Because they are seeking political asylum?

Seems if the DoD was really serious they would crack dowm on the deserters... You know what they do?  Read the last paragraph of the article...

Ooooo... Making them return to their unit or give them a dishonorable is really being tough... :w00t:  :P

It is a joke to how they handle these guys... I expect dissertion to get worse... :doh:

865139[/snapback]

I agree, they OUGHT to get the firing squad, and it has always been my understanding that the penalty for wartime desertion in the UCMJ can extend all the way to the death penalty.

At the very least, these cowards should be sent to leavenworth for 15 years.

Your first comment doesn't make sense.  If you kill one how do 10 replace him then?  They are all like that!!!  Don't get confused buddy.  They don't believe Israel has the right to exist.  Any God fearing person can tell you that is a lie!  The Holy Land belongs to the Jews alone. 

Nuking them may be an option.  The world is just waiting for Iran to launch first.

865120[/snapback]

No, they aren't all like that.

Are you telling me that if you knew your brother was killed by a military force in accident or deliberately you wouldn't be pissed off to the point where you take action?

No confusion here "buddy".

Just in case anyone was wondering, no this was not me. I am still in Iraq fighting alongside by brothers and sisters!

I am not trying to defend this dude, but can understand how people could get f-ed up enough to run. I dont like it, but some people cant handle this sh--.

Go Buffalo!!!!!

edit: Sorry, like many on here, i posted before I read. I thought he had been here, got scared and ran. Instead he was anti-war and had no plan on fighting in the first place...all the while sucking on the govt's tit. I am not for this war, like many of you I think its been handled improperly, however, I'm in the military and its my duty!!!!! I have been living of the govt for 14 years and there is no way in hell I would ever think about abandoning my family and fellow airmen (Air Force). If you dont want to fight in a war, dont join the military (which I think is fine, this crap isnt for everyone, during some of our attacks I have even wondered what the hell I was thinking when i came here!!!).

The guy will get what he deserves.

Again, GO BUFFALO!!!!

Nobody has the right to say a damn thing unless you have served yourself.  A lot of the tactics used to sign people up in HS and what not are VERY misleading.

865124[/snapback]

Misleading? I told the recruiter I wanted to go to Airborne an Ranger school and that's what I got.

Misleading?  I told the recruiter I wanted to go to Airborne an Ranger school and that's what I got.

865320[/snapback]

Exactly. The only reason I didn't get what the recruiter said I could was because I couldn't get a Top Secret clearance. But after my first term, they offered me one and the job I originally wanted.

I should have stayed.

"Patrick Hart, who was in the Army 9½ years and served nearly a year in Kuwait in 2003."

Just curious...How many of you guys claiming this guy is a kitty have served overseas in the military for a year or have even been in the military?

I don't approve of his actions, but I do understand why he did what he did.

864219[/snapback]

Perfectly stated!

The closest that the majority of people on this board has ever seen (or will ever see) war is the lies on cable news or Halo on the XBox. All we get out of this is a small story from a Gannett Corporation owned newspaper who more then likely didn't give you the guys full perspective only that he went AWOL and fled to Canada.

Fact is he has served his country for almost a full decade which is more then about 95% of the people on this board can probably say.

He doesn't like Marines because they make him feel inferior.  :w00t:

864796[/snapback]

Yeah..I gotta feel really inferior to guys who insist they be addressed in capital letters. I have a colleague here who was a commander in the Navy. He says the reasons marines are on ships is that having sheep would have been too obvious! :P

Fact is he has served his country for almost a full decade which is more then about 95% of the people on this board can probably say.

865396[/snapback]

About 95% of the people on this board never played football either, and yet...here we are, standing in judgement, second-guessing, recommending roster moves, and commenting 24/7 on something most of us have never experienced.

Should every news commentator in the world who has never been to war stop reporting on the war?

Stating that "if you didn't serve, you should shut up" is a crock. Being able to freely express our opinions is one of the greatest rights this country provides, and it is provided and protected by the men and women in the military who put their lives on the line everyday throughout the world.

This guy spit in their faces and I will forever take exception to that.

Stating that "if you didn't serve, you should shut up" is a crock. Being able to freely express our opinions is one of the greatest rights this country provides, and it is provided and protected by the men and women in the military who put their lives on the line everyday throughout the world.

865411[/snapback]

Where did I say, "if you didn't serve, you should shut up" . I never said that, you put words in my mouth. The statement was intended that those on this board who dare question this guy for being a man and labeling him as a kitty and a traitor should take a look in the mirror before judging others.

I am all about free speech and protesting the powers above at any time for any reason. You can call the guy what you want but chances are you're wrong.

Anyway, I guess the same could be said about the people who questioned this Iraq war (who were 100% right BTW). All you heard was they were with the terrorists and they hated America.