O-Line Free Agents, 2007

Astrobot

I'd rather use draft picks on DT, DE, and WR than Offensive line.

Here are 2 Free Agents I would want:

Source

Leonard Davis UFA Arizona Cardinals

"Davis is a massive tackle that the Cardinals can’t afford to lose to free agency, but it seems likely that they will."

Max Starks RFA Pittsburgh Steelers

"Starks is a starting tackle for a Super Bowl champion. That’s enough in itself to get some teams a little excited about the prospects of acquiring him. The fact that Starks is young, talented, and massive in stature—listed at 6’8”, 337 lbs.—just adds to the excitement pile. Another lineman that shouldn’t be going anywhere as the Steelers will not let Starks go without a fight."

Starks won't be going anywhere, and Davis will command a high price. Gandy is also a UFA, and we'd have to think about how to spend our money.

I'd rather use draft picks on DT, DE, and WR than Offensive line.

Here are 2 Free Agents I would want:

Source

Leonard Davis UFA Arizona Cardinals

"Davis is a massive tackle that the Cardinals can’t afford to lose to free agency, but it seems likely that they will."

Max Starks RFA Pittsburgh Steelers

"Starks is a starting tackle for a Super Bowl champion. That’s enough in itself to get some teams a little excited about the prospects of acquiring him. The fact that Starks is young, talented, and massive in stature—listed at 6’8”, 337 lbs.—just adds to the excitement pile. Another lineman that shouldn’t be going anywhere as the Steelers will not let Starks go without a fight."

Starks won't be going anywhere, and Davis will command a high price. Gandy is also a UFA, and we'd have to think about how to spend our money.

860734[/snapback]

Starks is a beast, i wanted him badly the year he came out. I'd love to get a guy with the nickname of the undertaker.

Without really having studied his OL play, I would consider Leonard Davis to be the model for the Mike Williams mold.

A massive OT who plays a lot of OG, finally played some LT, I think.

Wasn't Davis the #2 pick in the draft?

Seems like a horrendous underachiever to me, and not a guy I would spend big bucks for.

I've heard a lot of Steelers fans really unhappy with Starks this year. Some saying that they might draft a right tackle prospect in the first round because of it.

I'm not really thrilled about either of these guys. They're both huge, and not all that great and will be well overpaid on the open market for playing RT.

Gandy I would resign. I'm not sure what his plans are, but I doubt any teams will be wanting to have him as their starting tackle. He'd be virtually assured a starting job at LG if he stayed here. I wouldn't think that he would be that expensive.

I am interpreting correctly that according to the article Starks, Davis and Gandy are the top 3 FA linemen? Over guys like Steinbach, Dielman, and Manuwai?  :nana:

860902[/snapback]

Yea, I'm not so sure that football's future knows what they're talkin 'bout.

What is wrong with our current pair of tackles? Has Peters not been doing a very good job? And, Pennington... 6'7" 320? Are you ready to give up on him? What's he done that's so bad? A rookie 6th rounder? .... do you expect that he should make the pro bowl in his rookie season after starting only half the season? Is that reasonable? You don't think he has a big upside. What upside do Davis and Starks have?

The Bills could use a guard... and Merz could eventually supplant Fowler at Center. The only thing Fowler lacks is about 15 or 20 lbs. I'd settle fro 10 lbs. if it doesn't affect his speed, quickness and athletcism. Butler... at 6'8" 320 is said to have a nasty streak, good athletcism, and a basketball background. And, coming out of U VA. with Al Groh as his coach... he has been groomed for the pro game. So, he's got a bonafide shot.

The Bills 3 biggest needs are a big run stuffing DT, a real RB, and a WR to compliment Evans. After that G, CB, DE, TE, LB. A QB that could really challenge JP would also be a good thing. Holcomb is merely a dinker/dunker weenie armed POS. And, Nall? who the hell knows what he can do.

When you rank 31st on defense, I think it is blatantly clear what you musy shore up. But, at the same time, the offense is extremely boring. So much so that they can't even sell out their last 4 home games. To avoid this again next year, Ralph will pickup a marquis offensive player or two, in the form of a RB first and then a WR.

Jauron is all about having his team in position to control it's own destiny in the last 5 minutes of a ball game. Therefore, the defense must make a quantum leap because Jauron will not risk removing the handcuffs from the offense unless the defense can prove it can shutdown the opposition.

Lastly... the biggest single move I think this team can make that would make a huge impact immediately is to get a running back that hits the hole quickly, wants, the ball, and can catch. Damn, what a difference maker like Mike Hart would be... please come out this year Mike.