A Few Thoughts About The Game....

Dude, when you're arguement is: he's good, but these TWO guys, together, are just as good; you're not making you're point. 

When it takes 2 guys to equal the play of 1 guy, that's the definition of the 1 guy being pretty darn good.

855736[/snapback]

And all over backs up Bill's point that...."the DE position is the most solid on the football team". Add Hargrove to the mix &......it's not exactly an area of need. ^_^

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of how you think of JP as a QB, and he did not have a great game, one thing I think is clear, the players believes they can win with him. What else can you ask of your general but to have his soldiers believe in him?

A rhetorical question for all JP haters

...and J.P. Losman is very low on the list of reason's why. In fact, I would venture to say he was our best player on offense and it really isn't even close. That isn't saying ALL that much in this particular case. But then again, he did step up the most in a game that we lost by 3 points against one of the best teams in the league, and put in those terms, it is a pretty good game.

The passing game (directed, or course, by Losman) was practically our entire offense.

What little running game there was, was supplied by Losman. In case you didn't notice, he was our best runner today (26 yards, tying McGahee for the most yards, on a heck a lot fewer attempts).

His three turnovers led to exactly three Charger points. He threw for 14 points.

856141[/snapback]

Losman was a mixed bag. I'm glad that they weren't super conservative with him but he was careless with the ball and threw at receivers feet to often.

Losman did not play all that well, but he certainly did his part to get a W. The defense also didn't play all that well, but did their part to earn a win, also. Willis McGahee and Anthony Thomas did not do their part to earn a win. Some incredibly bad and poorly timed calls by the officials and a non-existant running game were the #1a and #1b reasons the Bills lost.

A defense that gives up 197 rusing yards is not doing its part to earn a win.

How can you blame Anthony Thomas? He had 2 carries for 11 yards. He can't call his own number.

JP did Ok today but he was very very fortunate that San Diego dropped 3 easy INT's. He just cannot be that careless. The bounce passes at players' feet just leave you scratching your head sometimes?!? My only other complaint was at the end of the game when we had no timeouts, down by 10, and JP is taking the short underneath throws in the middle of the field. You can only do one of those but not 3 in a row when clock is your enemy.

Schoebel is good, but once again the combination of Kelsay/Denney had equal sacks and more tackles.  So far this year, Kelsay/Denney is our best DE.  The numbers show this throughout the season.

855730[/snapback]

I Agree~~!!!

i loved jp's emotions out there again today. you can tell that the kid really wants the football in his hands and wants to win the game. it doesn't mean anything if we don't win, but while this is all coming together i'm happy to see some life, unlike what i don't see from willis.

i also thought that last TD grab by Price was one of the better catches i have seen in a long time.

i loved jp's emotions out there again today.  you can tell that the kid really wants the football in his hands and wants to win the game.  it doesn't mean anything if we don't win, but while this is all coming together i'm happy to see some life, unlike what i don't see from willis.

i also thought that last TD grab by Price was one of the better catches i have seen in a long time.

856384[/snapback]

in sections 202, 203, and 204; the fans were rocking for jp.....I havent heard the fans rooting for a qb like since jk's last season when everyone was souting Collins! Collins!

:D

in sections 202, 203, and 204; the fans were rocking for jp.....I havent heard the fans rooting for a qb like since jk's last season when everyone was souting Collins! Collins!

:D

856505[/snapback]

What sections are in the corner with the "Mcgee's Mob" sign? Its the corner on the Bills sideline, on the end of the field that Buffalo was defending in the 4th quarter. I was at midfield across the field from them, and that whole corner was alive and loud all game long. Great job by anybody who was in there.

Schobel is 'good' - that's as far as I'd go. If he's "one of the best in the league" there are a plethora of best in the league. As far upfield as he ran on Gates' TD, I thought he thought he had the ball in his hands. Plus he's still below average vs. the run.

Schobel is 'good' - that's as far as I'd go.  If he's "one of the best in the league" there are a plethora of best in the league.  As far upfield as he ran on Gates' TD, I thought he thought he had the ball in his hands.  Plus he's still below average vs. the run.

857526[/snapback]

Perhaps that is the best way to describe him.....one of the better pass rushers in the league.....but below average against the run.

I couldn't watch the game (blackout), but I definitely have some feelings.

1. The offensive line has definitely improved their pass blocking, but what's going on with running the ball?

2. Losman didn't have a great game, but it's very tough for a QB to lead his team to victory with no running game.

3. LT is a great running back, probably the best in the game right now, but he's not as good as Buffalo made him appear.

4. It was probably a mistake to put Whitner one on one with Gates. He's just to small to match up to the TE. I think the injury to Crowell really threw a wrench into the deefensive works. Crowell has made a number of big plays in pass defense this season in the area where the tight end is most active.

5. It's easy to say nice things about Jason Peters. He deserves them. But how about Pennington's play as a rookie on the other side. No he's nowehere near as good as Peters at this point, but he may have enough upside to let Buffalo look elsewere in the draft besides offensive tackle.

6. Why did the officials call so few penalties? Five total on both teams. There were several infractions they didn't call?

And all over backs up Bill's point that...."the DE position is the most solid on the football team".  Add Hargrove to the mix &......it's not exactly an area of need. :doh:

856179[/snapback]

The one thing with the cover2 is you need really excellent DEs to put pressure and who can play the run well. I think what we have is adequate, but Schoebel needs to pick up his run support.