U C L A !!!

CRAZINESS :P

On that last hail mary, the ball was tipped off of the hands of a USC WR jumping into the air. The ball then went right through the hands and then off the gut of another USC WR standing in the area. Had the second USC WR caught that ball, he only had one guy to beat...sux to be that guy :thumbsup::thumbdown:

yeah i'm sorta bummed. i have been a usc fan ever since i was old enough to figure out where oj went to college...since around the anthony davis days. despite all that's happened since, it's an addiction i've never been able to shake. and i know they're not a very likable team...even i think pete carroll is kind of a tool.

oh well, as long as they're not playing their home games in buffalo, i can swallow it... :thumbdown:

and now the question remains if Florida's 10 point victory over Alabama was good enough to propell them over Michigan. I sure hope so as much as I thought the OSU Michigan game was great I don't want to see a rematch.

854458[/snapback]

Michigan and Ohio State are in another league than Florida. Having seen all three schools play this year, Florida would get absolutely demolished in a game against OSU.

I know many don't want to see a Michigan/OSU rematch, but I also don't want to see a nat'l championship laugher.

Michigan and Ohio State are in another league than Florida. Having seen all three schools play this year, Florida would get absolutely demolished in a game against OSU.

I know many don't want to see a Michigan/OSU rematch, but I also don't want to see a nat'l championship laugher.

854478[/snapback]

Just like how USC-UCLA should've been a laugher, right? Look, I think Michigan is better than Florida as well, but there is no question in my mind that Florida deserves the chance to beat OSU that Michigan already got.

Just like how USC-UCLA should've been a laugher, right?  Look, I think Michigan is better than Florida as well, but there is no question in my mind that Florida deserves the chance to beat OSU that Michigan already got.

854482[/snapback]

Point taken. But I think the nat'l championship should be the two best teams, and not a game with a vastly inferior underdog. If you concede that Michigan is better, why should Florida get a chance?

In any event, the voters and computers will decide soon enough. My instinct is that it will be really, really close and Florida will barely leapfrog Michigan, for the reason you give.

Point taken. But I think the nat'l championship should be the two best teams, and not a game with a vastly inferior underdog. If you concede that Michigan is better, why should Florida get a chance?

854486[/snapback]

Because I could be wrong. Just like everyone was wrong about UCLA.

It's interesting to look at which states voted for Fla or Michigan: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPol...ge&pollId=41239

I think Ohio is afraid of a Michigan rematch.

From the sidelines, Nanker gives a big backwards slash with his right hand to his own throat while looking across the field at Pete Carroll and repeats the motion several times.

854481[/snapback]

:thumbsup: , or maybe :thumbdown:

Because I could be wrong.  Just like everyone was wrong about UCLA.

It's interesting to look at which states voted for Fla or Michigan: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPol...ge&pollId=41239

854487[/snapback]

No, they just hate Michigan THAT much.

Let's ask Commom Opponent who is better.

Florida 24 Vanderbilt 19 squeaker that Vandy should have one.

Michigan 27 Vanderbilt 7 no contest MICH scrubs in dor 4th quarter.

Rematch Time on real field not one with ripped up grass like at Foxboro and Michigan safeties healthy.

Go Blue!

Go Bills beat the Bolts! Shut down LT and Rivers will challenge corners. When that happens Nate/Terrence pick 6 all the way to the win.

The Gators lost by 10pts to the #11 team in the country on the road.

Michigan lost to the #1 team by 3pts on the road.

The both played two of the toughest schedules in the country.

If you are the #2 team and you lose to #1 on the road in a tight game? Michigan deserves a chance at Ohio State on a neutral field. Florida and USC lost to lessor teams. They shouldn't even had entered the discussion.

I hate when people say that "Florida lost by ten to Auburn, Michigan lost by three, etc. First, the Florida game was much closer than that. Florida, remember, was driving to score the goahead touchdown when a controversial 'fumble" was called on the QB, Chris Leak. Second, it was still only a 3/4 point game when Florida three an interception returned for a touchdown on the final play of the game.

Michigan, if I remember correctly, was down by 10 with two minutes to play. It looked like they turned the ball over on downs (agaist a zone defense), when a phantom pass interference was called. Michigan then was able to get it in the endzone, triedfor the miracle onside kick, didnt get it. In otherwords, the score was more disparate than people make it out to be.

Besides, why do people need to point out margin of loss as the "big deciding factor' of who gets to go? How about we instead look to quality of wins? Shouldnt that be the way its down? Michigan beat Wisconsin and Nortr Dame.. How good are those teams really? Who else have they beaten? ND has beaten NOBODY. Florida, has beaten a record 10 bowl teams this season. LSU, Arkansas, Tenn, Georgia, Alabama, etc etc. Even one of Forida's cake games, ie. Southern miss, was against ta top 40 team at the time. Heck, a game that Florida gets hammered for barely winning, the South Carolina game, was still a win against a seven win school that beat Clemson last week. Not to shabby.

Because I could be wrong.  Just like everyone was wrong about UCLA.

854487[/snapback]

I think your underestimating the rivalry. Ohio State truly hates Michigan, and the feeling is mutual. They don't want to play them again because they would never wish Michigan success. It goes past the schools. I've lived in both states, and there is a genuine dislike for the opposing state in both places.

I hate when people say that "Florida lost by ten to Auburn, Michigan lost by three, etc.  First, the Florida game was much closer than that.  Florida, remember, was driving to score the goahead touchdown when a controversial 'fumble" was called on the QB, Chris Leak.  Second, it was still only a 3/4 point game when Florida three an interception returned for a touchdown on the final play of the game.

Michigan, if I remember correctly, was down by 10 with two minutes to play. It looked like they turned the ball over on downs (agaist a zone defense), when a phantom pass interference was called.  Michigan then was able to get it in the endzone, triedfor the miracle onside kick, didnt get it.  In otherwords, the score was more disparate than people make it out to be. 

Besides, why do people  need to point out margin of loss as the "big deciding factor' of who gets to go?  How about we instead look to quality of wins? Shouldnt that be the way its down?  Michigan beat Wisconsin and Nortr Dame.. How good are those teams really?  Who else have they beaten?  ND has beaten NOBODY.  Florida, has beaten a record 10 bowl teams this season. LSU, Arkansas, Tenn, Georgia, Alabama, etc etc.  Even one of Forida's cake games, ie. Southern miss, was against ta top 40 team at the time.  Heck, a game that Florida gets hammered for barely winning, the South Carolina game, was still a win against a seven win school that beat Clemson last week.  Not to shabby.

854626[/snapback]

If I heard correctly on ESPN. The Gators had the #1 toughest schedule and Michigan had the 3rd. So the "quality of wins" is a push.

So you have to look to the one loss.

If you are #2 and you lose to the #1 team? How does that enable the #3 team to leap frog when that team lost to a lessor opponent?

I'm glad USC lost. It would have been a crime to put them in the National Championship Game. It will be a crime if Florida goes. I'm not even a Michigan fan. What's right is right. Michigan is the #2 team in the country. They have done nothing to lose that status.

Any voter who votes Florida because they don't like the idea of a "rematch" should have their vote taken away. It should be #1 and #2 on a neutral field.

GO BRUINS!!!!!!

FUSC

Trojans are only good once...

There is a furniture store in LA that was offering FREE FURNITURE, if UCLA won, to any customer who bought > $2,000 in merchandise up until kickoff....IF UCLA won. Ooooops!

Pete Carroll is a prick, i am glad he lost

:thumbsup:

I think your underestimating the rivalry. Ohio State truly hates Michigan, and the feeling is mutual. They don't want to play them again because they would never wish Michigan success.  It goes past the schools. I've lived in both states, and there is a genuine dislike for the opposing state in both places.

854659[/snapback]

Listen to KzooMike. He speaks the truth.