I'm going to buy a CD.

ajzepp

Chicks dig it!! :)

Just have a quiet romantic candle lit dinner with Lana, and Andrea Bocelli.

;)

853606[/snapback]

Oh yeah, that guy is amazing! I'm also not ashamed to admit that I really enjoy Josh Groban, too. Talk about great vocals!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did something happen to his voice?? One of the reviews I read indicated that his "sound" now is much different than his early stuff. Any idea what they meant?

Looks like the one Best Buy has is "Early On....", which seems to be a compilation album. Will that work?

853600[/snapback]

The list of songs On "Early On" is pretty good, though there are some from his third album, "Fit To Serve," which I didn't care for too much. It should serve you well, though.

Regarding his voice, I just listened to some clips from his new album "Cantos," which I don't have, and interestingly his voice seems not only a bit higher, but much less raspy than his early recordings. When I saw him at "Croce's," we initially met at the bar and he was smoking like a freaking fiend. I wonder if he quit.

But he still sounds very good, including the clip I heard from his remake of the Beatles' "Maybe I'm Amazed." In fact, all the clips sounded pretty good so I suspect I may need to pick that up myself.

The list of songs On "Early On" is pretty good, though there are some from his third album, "Fit To Serve," which I didn't care for too much. It should serve you well, though.

Regarding his voice, I just listened to some clips from his new album "Cantos," which I don't have, and interestingly his voice seems not only a bit higher, but much less raspy than his early recordings.  When I saw him at "Croce's," we initially met at the bar and he was smoking like a freaking fiend. I wonder if he quit.

But he still sounds very good, including the clip I heard from his remake of the Beatles' "Maybe I'm Amazed." In fact, all the clips sounded pretty good so I suspect I may need to pick that up myself.

853611[/snapback]

Ah okay....well based on what everyone has said about him, including yourself, I think I'm goign to like his stuff. Hopefully bb will have it in stock!

I hear the one offered down at your local bank is the best one... I wouldn't recommend getting into credit card debt to do it... Kinda defeats the advantage... :beer::lol::ph34r:

Now if you are talking about music... Then, didn't you just buy a bunch of them a short time ago? :);)

In the Christmas mood? Why don't get you get A Charlie Brown Christmas?

Vince Guaraldi this time of the year kicks arse!

:wub:

My taste is very ecclectic, but I LOVE good vocalists above all else. If you combine great vocals with something emotional - and by that I dont mean sappy, I mean something that affects you in an emotional way and really involves you in what's going on - then I'm probably going to love it. That's why I took to Buckley so quickly....the guy's voice was just sick, and his music/performance is very intense. I dig that. Van Morrison...very unique vocals, great music....can't go wrong with it. I'll definitely check the guy out....I have a whole list of great stuff that you guys have suggested :D

853607[/snapback]

Sorry, zero vocals on Al DiMeola. Just fast, fast, fast jazz (with a Spanish flair) guitar.

Sorry, zero vocals on Al DiMeola.  Just fast, fast, fast jazz (with a Spanish flair) guitar.

853704[/snapback]

I can go for that, too....just less often in the mood for pure instrumentals. But Steve Carlton is still one of my all time faves, so I'll definitley check him out if you say he's good.

I hear the one offered down at your local bank is the best one... I wouldn't recommend getting into credit card debt to do it... Kinda defeats the advantage... :lol:  :P  :P

Now if you are talking about music... Then, didn't you just buy a bunch of them a short time ago? :D  :lol:

In the Christmas mood?  Why don't get you get A Charlie Brown Christmas?

:D

853627[/snapback]

Damn right I bought some a short time ago....my music collection has been expanding in size and quality ever since I started picking brains on here :D

Damn right I bought some a short time ago....my music collection has been expanding in size and quality ever since I started picking brains on here  :D

853709[/snapback]

If you want some quality and humorous, albeit not PG or G rated Christmas music, check out Bob Rivers' Twisted Christmas collection.

It is excellent.

If you want some quality and humorous, albeit not PG or G rated Christmas music, check out Bob Rivers' Twisted Christmas collection.

It is excellent.

853711[/snapback]

That's probably the only sort of Christmas music I'd ever spend money on, lol.....aside from a kick ass version of "O'Holy Night", I hate that stuff!

In the Christmas mood?  Why don't get you get A Charlie Brown Christmas?

:D

853627[/snapback]

I just bought "A Charlie Brown Christmas" last month....A classic... and even my girls like it...

How about adding Trans Siberian Orchestra to your music collection ??

How about adding Trans Siberian Orchestra to your music collection ??

853762[/snapback]

I forgot about those guys.....I could go for some of that. And Mannheim Steamroller, too. I've never heard anything more beautiful than their version of silent night (stile nacht).....holy crap is that amazing. :D

Picked up David Gray's 'White Ladder' and the first Sugarland album. I LOVE the sugarland chicks voice, but I will have to warm up to the music. It's a bit more country than I thought....little too much for me, perhaps. Jury is still out.

The David Gray disc is awesome....money well spent. Some really good songs, including one of the best love songs I've ever heard

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Thi...8256A06002B06F3

Good stuff!

Couldn't find the AJ Croce disc :D No worries, though....that's what online ordering is for :lol:

I forgot about those guys.....I could go for some of that. And Mannheim Steamroller, too. I've never heard anything more beautiful than their version of silent night (stile nacht).....holy crap is that amazing.  :lol:

853783[/snapback]

I second TSO -- especially the first album (although I like them all).

I also second the Xbox360... :D:lol:

It was a joke.  Just going for the shock effect, but noooo AJ wouldn't go along.  He's a poopy pants  :D

853912[/snapback]

:lol: