I'm going to buy a CD.

ajzepp

Or maybe he just wanted to make you look like a dumbass

He wouldn't be the first guy from Erie, PA to do so :lol:

853979[/snapback]

:D

I still want to know what's up with R.Rich....here I was thinking he formed a leg of our triumvirate, and then he goes and half admits he's not even from Erie! He could be a double agent.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enough of all this crap you have been offered. Man what is music becoming?

You have been offered and taken some great suggestions in the past. And never followed through with responses to some of the suggestions that you actually bought because at heart, you're probably some kind of slack ass.

And thats ok.

So to expand your ever growing library, please, just please buy this. It covers a lot of ground and you will not be dissapointed.

http://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Picks-Robert-C...ie=UTF8&s=music

Bluesmen and their type, forever. SRV forever.

Should you buy this I would appreciate some feedback. I believe I recommended the finest album ever made on cd to you before and never heard what you thought.

Are you like those guys that say hey can you find an exhaust manifold for an 89 Capri on eBay? And then when you say yes it's $239 they disappear?

Check Robert Cray out and tell me what you think.

Later dude.

Enough of all this crap you have been offered. Man what is music becoming?

You have been offered and taken some great suggestions in the past. And never followed through with responses to some of the suggestions that you actually bought because at heart, you're probably some kind of slack ass.

And thats ok.

I'm a slack ass why? I've tried to reverse engineer what you said, but it still makes no sense to me....

No matter....I'll be happy to take (and perhaps even follow through on, if it's not a "slack day") your suggestion. Actually, while I tend to have trouble getting much into Jazz, the samples of traditional Blues music, as well as the more contemporary expressions, have been very appealing to me. You may have never heard of this guy, but I have a few of his cuts on CD and he pretty much dominates the room when I play them.

I'm very much into quality sound reproduction and have a very good audio system (not a nice as Lurker's, but still not too shabby!), and this particular genre of music sounds very good on it.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion (sorta).

Casting Crowns

853420[/snapback]

Which album do you suggest?

I can always go for a little faith-based music, though I get really annoyed when song after song is about the same thing over and over and over. And I don't mean that to be a slight on Christianity at all....I mean it to be a shot at the musicians. I think Jesus Himself probably gets sick of hearing about "Calvary" and some of the other overused themes that can be found in damn near every song somtimes. I just think there are many, many ways to express a Christian viewpoint or write about Christian life without using the same buzzwords time and time again. I hope you know what I mean....

Ben Folds - Rockin' The Sububrs came out in '01, but is one of the best albums I've ever heard.

The Postal Service's Give Up is also phenominal, along with anything by Royksopp.

Of course, you could go to allofmp3.com (which is still legal) and get all of these albums.  :D

853429[/snapback]

ben Folds looks intriguing....and I totaly agree about the Postal Service. i can't believe I actually already own one of your suggestions, but I do! :lol: Some of the lyrics are just great....it's been about a year since my last listen, but it was a disc that I listened to quite a bit the first year or so that I had it. Good stuff :lol:

Looks like the Chili Peppers are in the lead with about 18 hrs left to go! :D

Actually I've added almost all of the suggestions to my list, a few of which I'm very interested in picking up sooner rather than later....so thanks everyone!

You mean you don't have the latest Tayler Hicks cd? :D

If you are into something a bit more ecclectic, I would reccomend Exposure by Robert Fripp. It has just been rereleased and remastered. It was orginally issued in 75 or 76 I believe and has guest vocals by John Hall (of Hall and Oats) and Peter Gabriel. Here is some basic information.

Listen to this version of Peter Gabriels Here Comes the Flood, my favorite song on the album.

I'm a slack ass why? I've tried to reverse engineer what you said, but it still makes no sense to me....

No matter....I'll be happy to take (and perhaps even follow through on, if it's not a "slack day") your suggestion.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion (sorta).

854047[/snapback]

AJ, like Triumph, I kid I kid! :D

When you ask about music invaribaly you tend to get 10,000 responses like you need to try this... and this... or this...Some of it is excellent some of it is crap.

But there aint know way you are buying everything that everyone is suggesting to you.

Therefore=slackass.

See?

Relax bro. Good natured thats all.

AJ, like Triumph, I kid I kid!  :lol:

When you ask about music invaribaly you tend to get 10,000 responses like you need to try this... and this... or this...Some of it is excellent some of it is crap.

But there aint know way you are buying everything that everyone is suggesting to you.

Therefore=slackass.

See?

Relax bro. Good natured thats all.

854135[/snapback]

Ah, okay....I was about to ask you who you'd been talking to :lol:

And yeah, I obviously can't and don't take everyone up on their suggestion, but folks do put me in the best position to succeed, you know? There is a huge variation in taste among wallers, but at the same time there is seemingly almost a constant level of quality. Person 'A' may be into Southern rock, while person 'B' and 'C' like Blues and Techno, respectively. Still not sure where Tom and his Jingle Dogs fit in, but that's beside the point :D But what I'm trying to say is that if I ever wanted to sample something from a genre that I was less familiar with, taking a TBD'ers rec is a pretty good way to go.

Looks like the Chili Peppers are in the lead with about 18 hrs left to go! :w00t: 

Actually I've added almost all of the suggestions to my list, a few of which I'm very interested in picking up sooner rather than later....so thanks everyone!

854054[/snapback]

What'd you think of Jay Reatard's new LP?

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

Best.  Album.  Ever.

853389[/snapback]

So darn close. That is the 2nd best album ever. Wish You Were Here did not sell as much, but was a better album. Shine On (all 9 parts) puts it over the top. (Pretty much anything by Floyd except the Soundtract to More is incredible. Gilmour's 1st solo album is incredible as well.)

AJ, don't fully know your tastes (seems that you like darn near any style), but you can rarely go wrong with Dire Straits. Love Over Gold is my favorite (Telegraph Road is fantastic), but Making Movies, Dire Straits, and Communique are all excellent. Knopfler's solo stuff is good too (at least the early stuff). The soundtrack to Local Hero is very good, but has very little vocals in it. I saw him play just outside of Filly about a week after the Sabres smoked them in '01. The locals didn't seem to appreciate my Sabres sweater. :)

Skynyrd's 1st album (self titled) and Street Survivors are great too.

On a slightly less beaten path, the following self titled (and nearly self titled) albums have at least 1 excellent song and the rest are good as well: The Men, Toy Matinee, and The Kings (Are Here). Church of Logic, Sin, and Love by The Men is the all time greatest song to warm up for a hockey game to, Last Plane out by Toy Matinee is a great song, and to the best of my knowledge the only one about the 1st Gulf War that got regular radio play, and you can never go wrong with This Beat Goes On / Switching to Glide.

Bought far more DVD's than CD's since the kids started showing up (amazing how few non-animated movies you make it to in the theater after that) so I won't even attempt to suggest "new" stuff.