Bills game against SD blacked out

not a bad idea...see you are creative with your jokes...

853011[/snapback]

I'm only half joking. I would have sent $20 if it meant your grandma could have seen the game. But only under the stipulation that she stand the entire game.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm only half joking. I would have sent $20 if it meant your grandma could have seen the game. But only under the stipulation that she stand the entire game.

853038[/snapback]

I know the local Canadian stations here in Ottawa black out the game. My brother says the same thing happens in Hamilton too.

Not only you depriving Tater's grandma, you're depriving south East Canada too!

WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE SOUTHEAST CANADIANS!?!?

if the Steelers played in a 100k stadium, they would fill it...

852985[/snapback]

Just curious, if anyone knows...

Since Heinz Field was built so recently, why did they only build it to seat just under 65,000? Was it a matter of real estate limitations?

I know the Steelers fans are rabid. When they play at the Ralph it can sometimes feel like a road game for us if we are in the wrong section! It seems like they would have wanted at least another 10K seats.

100K might be a bit of a stretch, but 75-80K would be easy sellouts, tater!

It also seems odd to me that Chicago only seats about 66K fans in such a large city.

It sure was nice in the 90's when Rich Stadium was filled to capacity most of the time with 80,000 strong.

I dont think it is Doom and Gloom. When the NFL is looking to move a team to LA and your team is the only team that has not sold out all of their games that is scary.

Again I live out of state and still hold my season tickets and make it back for at least 2-3 games a year.

Would not miss it no matter what the record.

PATHETIC fair weather fans.

Just curious, if anyone knows...

Since Heinz Field was built so recently, why did they only build it to seat just under 65,000? Was it a matter of real estate limitations?

I know the Steelers fans are rabid. When they play at the Ralph it can sometimes feel like a road game for us if we are in the wrong section! It seems like they would have wanted at least another 10K seats.

100K might be a bit of a stretch, but 75-80K would be easy sellouts, tater!

It also seems odd to me that Chicago only seats about 66K fans in such a large city.

Dunno, Rock, but that seems to be the trend. The Redskins' and Pats' new digs are the only recent stadiums I can think of that are significantly larger than their previous venues, with some teams (Soldier Field rebuild, for one example) taking the downsizing route instead. Probably thinking with such a limited supply of ducats, they can inflate prices without diminishing demand.

It sure was nice in the 90's when Rich Stadium was filled to capacity most of the time with 80,000 strong.

Early 90s, you mean. Murph just ran some interesting stats on the 6pm sportscast: 42% of all Bills home games in the 1990s were blacked out.

I dont live there so I cant pretend to know the situation of why tickets dont sell

OK, allow me to give you a clue. There's a saying "offense sells tickets, defense wins championships". For this excercise, let's forget the bit about the defense. Let's concentrate on the offense... or lack thereof. When a team ranks 29th in offense, they are generally boring and not much fun to watch. By the time you pay $100 for a couple tix, $15 to park, $25 for a couple hot dogs, gas tolls and a souveneir or two, just watch the Bills score 10 or 12 points... with Christmas just 3 weeks away, you say to yourself, WTF... I just blew almost $200 that I coulda used to stuff down some poledancer's g-string. :)

Yes, it really is disgusting when the Steelers, Super Bowl defending champs, are averaging 6,000 fans per week LESS than the lowly Bills.

852974[/snapback]

Thank you for making that point, everyone freaked out last week when the game was blacked out and the Bills were the 1st blackout all season, B-flo sold more tix than half the league last week but because the damned stadium wasn't packed.

The NFL sucks, always about money.

Dunno, Rock, but that seems to be the trend. The Redskins' and Pats' new digs are the only recent stadiums I can think of that are significantly larger than their previous venues, with some teams (Soldier Field rebuild, for one example) taking the downsizing route instead. Probably thinking with such a limited supply of ducats, they can inflate prices without diminishing demand.

Early 90s, you mean. Murph just ran some interesting stats on the 6pm sportscast: 42% of all Bills home games in the 1990s were blacked out.

853164[/snapback]

You're also right because teams make more money off of advertising and market share nowadays. Selling out is nice and it helps with revenue but it in no way compares to the TV market.

I dont think it is Doom and Gloom.  When the NFL is looking to move a team to LA and your team is the only team that has not sold out all of their games that is scary.

Again I live out of state and still hold my season tickets and make it back for at least 2-3 games a year.

Would not miss it no matter what the record.

PATHETIC fair weather fans.

853124[/snapback]

It's really bad timing. 7 years of mediocre to bad football plus the Sabres ticket surge (along with 4 late season games) has caught up with the Bills. This comes at a time when other shaky franchises are becoming rock solid. New Orleans was down, had the whole Katrina thing to deal with and now they are suddenly a really good team and the darlings of the NFL. They will sell out for the forseeable future. They are not going anywhere due to a myriad of reasons. San Diego was a logical choice to move to LA. Forget it. They could be a powerhouse for the next few years,,,,may even win a Superbowl. They will maintain enormous fan support and no way they will lose that team. Buffalo is going to get bad press but i still don't think the BIlls will go anywhere.

yep - season ticket holder - and i live in boston, ma -

next?

853084[/snapback]

Have a great time at the game - all of you who are lucky enough to go. I live a lot closer than Boston but have other obligations Sunday.

I will listen to the game on the radio and not complain. :D

This isn't the 1st time in the last 10 years that the Bills have not sold out 2 games in a row

hell back in the 80's most games never sold out.

Holiday season is near, economy is down, and the Bills are playing non-playoff football....

I will have to say anyone who is upset about the non-sellout is single, or doesn't have family, or has a better then average paying job. Most people aren't so lucky. Some of you should be looking at this from the proper prespective. WNY just doesn't have the finances to compete head to head with the richer cities / communities in pro sports which sell out stadiums at prices twice that of Buffalo.

You want more sellouts... start getting in the faces of politicians and demand they do whatever it takes to bring in high paying jobs to the area and lock in those corps to long term agreements. Otherwise the last one to leave please turn off the lights.

Thank you for making that point, everyone freaked out last week when the game was blacked out and the Bills were the 1st blackout all season, B-flo sold more tix than half the league last week but because the damned stadium wasn't packed.

The NFL sucks, always about money.

853347[/snapback]

Agreed.

Seventh-largest stadium in the league, second-smallest market. Bad combo.