Not saying anything here

eball

For your viewing information only; do with them what you will:

Career stats:

Eli "The Savior" Manning: 34 starts, 72.3 rating (76 this year)

Big Ben Roethlisberger: 35 starts, 88.4 rating (72.3 this year)

Philip Rivers: 11 starts, 92.2 rating

J.P. Losman: 19 starts, 74.9 rating (84.1 this year)

Question: which of these four QBs has had the least "supportive" cast (OL, WRs, RBs, etc.)?

Giants -- Tiki, Plaxico, Shockey

Steelers -- great OL, the Bus, Willie Parker, Hines Ward

Chargers -- LT, Gates, another great OL

Bills -- crappy OL, McGahee, Evans, no TE

Edit: Giants, Steelers, and Chargers all have maintained coaching consistency as well.

Very interesting.

Career stats:

Eli "The Savior" Manning:  34 starts, 72.3 rating (76 this year)

Big Ben Roethlisberger:  35 starts, 88.4 rating (72.3 this year)

Philip Rivers:  11 starts, 92.2 rating

J.P. Losman:  19 starts, 74.9 rating (84.1 this year)

Question:  which of these four QBs has had the least "supportive" cast (OL, WRs, RBs, etc.)?

Edit:  Giants, Steelers, and Chargers all have maintained coaching consistency as well.

Very interesting.

850515[/snapback]

So, your saying he just might pan out eh? :D

Career stats:

Question:  which of these four QBs has had the least "supportive" cast (OL, WRs, RBs, etc.)?

Edit:  Giants, Steelers, and Chargers all have maintained coaching consistency as well.

Very interesting.

850515[/snapback]

not to take anything away from roethlisberger being overrated, because he is, but his OL this year hasn't really done too well. he was just sacked 9 times by the ravens last week.

Wow...no post shrivels up and dies on The Wall like a factual one that pokes holes in the "Losman is a bust; look at the other QBs from the 2004 draft" theory.

:censored:

850809[/snapback]

I think numbers like these, plus JP's play of late make, throw in all of Jauron's comments on him and it's a foregone conclusion that JP will be the QB for the rest of this year (regardless of our win/loss record) and next season and in all probability for the next several years.

Career stats:

Very interesting.

850515[/snapback]

I'm surrounded by Pittsburgh fans at work that I tell about the QB rating thing ALL the time when they say something about JP. :censored:

850515[/snapback]

No team in the NFL thinks their oline is good enough. The Giants have a brutal line, the Steelers aren't much better this year. Interesting stats though.

Very interesting.

850515[/snapback]

Plus all the above have had EXCELLENT defense that have kept the team in most of the ball games.

I am amazed that Eli's career stats are so poor.

850859[/snapback]

You're supposed to be amazed, because if you haven't watched the games and seen how brutal he has looked for long stretches then all you've heard or read comes straight from the Massive Manning Hype Machine -- and by those accounts, he's already a superstar.

I'm surrounded by Pittsburgh fans at work that I tell about the QB rating thing ALL the time when they say something about JP.  :censored:

850824[/snapback]

Goes to show that QB ratings don't mean a squat.....I am one of the vocal supporters of Losman, but you have give credit to where credit is due. Big Ben was unbelievable last year at the end of the regular season and in the playoffs.. He was the reason why

they won those games at the Colts and Broncos....He threw those big TD passes in the 1st qtr of those games that allowed their D to tee off on Plummer and Manning.

All said and done, I am happy with Losman. He is the QB of the bills and that is all I care.

Goes to show that QB ratings don't mean a squat.....I am one of the vocal supporters of Losman, but you have give credit to where credit is due. Big Ben was unbelievable last year at the end of the regular season and in the playoffs..  He was the reason why

they won those games at the Colts and Broncos....He threw those big TD passes in the 1st qtr of those games that allowed their D to tee off on Plummer and Manning.

850869[/snapback]

By the same token, the Steelers won the SB despite Roethlisberger's atrocious play. I agree with you, though...the QB rating is only one imperfect indicator of a QB's efficiency.

Career stats:

Very interesting.

850515[/snapback]

You're right. You're not saying anything here.

:censored:

By the same token, the Steelers won the SB despite Roethlisberger's atrocious play.  I agree with you, though...the QB rating is only one imperfect indicator of a QB's efficiency.

850896[/snapback]

I don't know if he played atrociously. He made that great 4th down play to keep the drive alive to Ward and then had the controversial TD. Of course he was overshadowed by the plays of Parker (73 yrd TD) and the trick play for TD by Randal El.

Has anyone been watching Rivers this year? He really does look impressive.

850950[/snapback]

Rivers is this years version of Big Ben....He has been accurate, played within the team concept, and made big plays when the occasion demanded (like the comeback win against the Bengals).

If Losman can develop into a consistent QB, the 2004 draft will indeed be a golden draft for QBs.