Official Mixed Metaphor Thread

JCBoston

"He's still a young quarterback, but now he's played over a year of football and the light is starting to click for him," linebacker London Fletcher said.

Is the light starting to come on?

Or are things starting to click?

Not sure I've ever heard a light click, but hey, we've won two in a row, I'll cut Mr. Fletcher-Baker a break. Or give him some slack. Something like that.

:D

Not sure I've ever heard a light click, but hey, we've won two in a row, I'll cut Mr. Fletcher-Baker a break.  Or give him some slack.  Something like that.

:D

850351[/snapback]

I once saw thunder roll.

JP was a wounded animal with his back against the wall after fans and media dug his grave, saying he was a few fries short of a happy meal. It was all starting to sound like a broken record. But the last two games, with fans at the end of their rope, and the team seemingly running on empty, JP pushed the envelope and anted up in the 11th hour, leading the team to victory.

The wins have really knocked the fans' socks off, as they are still trying to wrap their minds around this Bills team that has refused to throw in the towel. No more deer-in-the-headlights look for this squad; the new coaching staff seems to have everyone on the same page.

Not sure I've ever heard a light click, but hey, we've won two in a row, I'll cut Mr. Fletcher-Baker a break.  Or give him some slack.  Something like that.

:bag:

850351[/snapback]

After Florida beat Florida State last weekend, Florida coach Urban Meyer broke out this gem when talking about the injury to WR Percy Harvin:

"That certainly zapped us," Meyer said. "It took some steam out of our sails."

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...D=2006611260340

My favorite was by a Bills D lineman, during a radio interview, after a Bills victory many years ago. It went something like that:

"On a scale of one to ten, I'd say we played about average." That's just freaking beautiful! I wonder what his assessment would be on a 7-point scale?

"On a scale of one to ten, I'd say we played about average."  That's just freaking beautiful!  I wonder what his assessment would be on a 7-point scale?

851388[/snapback]

Classic... :bag:. Wonder what his wonderlic score was ?