Youboty

Bills Fan888

Picking him is looking like a luxury move at the moment. His best shot is unseating Jabari Greer, who has looked wholly uninspiring. The Beast has got a hold on the 3rd CB job right now.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the offseason. I think if we don't keep Nate, Milwaukee will move into the starting two at least temporarily while Youboty learns at nickel.

I think if we don't keep Nate, Milwaukee will move into the starting two

KThomas is bad enough at nickle. If he ends up playing in the base defense this team is going to have a whole new set of problems to deal with.

And while I really liked Youboty at OSU and am glad the Bills snagged him, I have my doubts if he's ever going to be a starting caliber corner. He reminds me a bit of Kenny Irvin in that he's not the world's most dynamic athlete but he plays really smart and with enough focus and intensity to compensate for it. Sometimes thats enough to get by but in a league like the NFL, more often than not it isn't.

Cya

KThomas is bad enough at nickle. If he ends up playing in the base defense this team is going to have a whole new set of problems to deal with.

And while I really liked Youboty at OSU and am glad the Bills snagged him, I have my doubts if he's ever going to be a starting caliber corner. He reminds me a bit of Kenny Irvin in that he's not the world's most dynamic athlete but he plays really smart and with enough focus and intensity to compensate for it. Sometimes thats enough to get by but in a league like the NFL, more often than not it isn't.

Cya

850062[/snapback]

You're probably right, it's not the most tantalizing option. However, I can't see dropping Nate in favor of a new UFA who would have to learn the system, and handing Youboty the job could be just as problematic as letting the Beast fill in.

Whatever your opinions of KT and AY, I think they drafted Youboty with the intention of him at least cracking the top 3.

And while I really liked Youboty at OSU and am glad the Bills snagged him, I have my doubts if he's ever going to be a starting caliber corner. He reminds me a bit of Kenny Irvin in that he's not the world's most dynamic athlete but he plays really smart and with enough focus and intensity to compensate for it.

850062[/snapback]

Speaking of Irwin and Ohio St. corners, one of my biggest disappointments as a Bills fan was when Malon Kerner (picked in the same draft as Irvin) went down to injury.

Imo, he was one of those guys who would have had a long, successful career, much like Troy Vincent.

What was you take on Kerner? Just curious, ya know? :doh:

I really liked Marlon. I thought he was going to be a very solid cb for the Bills for many years.

I remember that he hurt one or both knees covering a punt or kick-off. This may have been after he tore the acl in one of his knees the year before. A real shame.

Cya

850062[/snapback]

Is Kiwaukee Thomas really playing that badly? I've only seen him play for a total of three or four quarters this year, but he was all over the field when I saw him. If he's taken a step back, that really sucks. I figured we had a real solid pick up in that guy.

Speaking of Irwin and Ohio St. corners, one of my biggest disappointments as a Bills fan was when Malon Kerner (picked in the same draft as Irvin) went down to injury.

Imo, he was one of those guys who would have had a long, successful career, much like Troy Vincent.

What was you take on Kerner? Just curious, ya know?  :D

850072[/snapback]

Yeah he sure looked like he was just getting started on a nice career. I do kind of remember worrying about whether he'd be able to hold up as he was not a big guy. But he compensated with good quicks and played a really heady game. I guess he sort of reminded me of a poor man's Darrell Green.

s Kiwaukee Thomas really playing that badly? I've only seen him play for a total of three or four quarters this year, but he was all over the field when I saw him. If he's taken a step back, that really sucks.

I wouldn't call it taking a step back as I think he's struggled since Day 1; eventually to the point where the staff felt the need to rotate him with Jabari Greer. He has problems in coverage and is not suited to playing press coverage as a nickle because he's not physical, lacks quickness and doesn't play with enough body control to ever be able play the ball. Enemy staffs recognize it too as we've seen opposing offenses pick him as the pigeon and repeatedly attack him on 3rddowns, often with consistent success. He may be all over the field at times, but that's not necessarily a good thing when it's frequently because he's chasing the guy who just beat his loose coverage for a catch and conversion.

Couldn't agree more. Solid special teams player. Solidly BAD cover corner with poor hands.

850062[/snapback]

Picking him is looking like a luxury move at the moment.  His best shot is unseating Jabari Greer, who has looked wholly uninspiring.  The Beast has got a hold on the 3rd CB job right now.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the offseason.  I think if we don't keep Nate, Milwaukee will move into the starting two at least temporarily while Youboty learns at nickel.

850052[/snapback]

Our secondary is going to be in a whole lot of trouble next year ... were going to be complaining just as much about our pass defense next year, as we do about our run defense this year.

Cya

850062[/snapback]

Irvin played like 5 more years after leaving the Bills so he didn't totally suck. I tried looking up his career at NFL.com and ESPN.com but for some reason they're not showing up.

Irvin played like 5 more years after leaving the Bills so he didn't totally suck.  I tried looking up his career at NFL.com and ESPN.com but for some reason they're not showing up.

850485[/snapback]

Wasn't Kenny Irvin with the Vikings after he left the Bills?

I really want us to re-sign Nate if at all possible. But I also really want Ashton to see the field this year so we can evaluate him better and know what we have going into the off season. I guess they see him every day in practice, and can learn from when he tries to cover Lee, but I can't imagine there is that much of a drop off from Greer to him to hold him to zero snaps for 2006.

Does anyone know when we get to see him play???????????? I'm really interested to see how good he is.

849993[/snapback]

How good is he you ask??? Seeing how he hasn't set foot on the field yet speaks volumes. Maybe he will turn it around next year, but it looks like this year is a wash.

I have a feeling we'll be re-signing Clements. We don't have anyone currently on the roster that's capable of replacing him, McGee has been awful this season at corner, and why waste a draft pick when we can just re-sign Clements? We have a ton of cap space and I think Marv is too smart to let him walk. Corner is a valuable position, it's difficult to find a corner who can shut down the likes of Marvin Harrison and Andre Johnson.