Peter King's Comments This Week

Zulu Cthulhu

While commending Brian Moorman's so-far record setting punting this season (ave. over 40 yards a kick), King, a tremendous D-Bag with an ego as large as his ass, underlined his point about Moorman by commenting that he punts in the "Hades of NFL environs." WTF? I realize the Ralph isn't state of the art and the weather can be bad, but do the Bills really play football in a dump comparable to Hell? By the way Peter, it was 60+ degrees yesterday for the game here in Buffalo.

Sports Illustrated

When you have to bring a chuck of card board to the game to put on the ground in front of your seat to prevent the chill from going right through your boots, the enviro might qualify as tough. Personally, I think playing 8 dome games a year in 65-70 degree weather would be hell on earth. BORING.

Give me my chuck of cardboard and a plastic flask and I'm ready to rock!

I just think he was refering to the weather conditions teams see at the Ralph, and if so, he is dead on. The way the winds come into that stadium and the snow/rain it can see, players might have a better game playing in Hell. For Moorman to have those kind of states playing 8 games at the Ralph, and not in a dome, its pretty damn good

If you're going to slam King, do it for this one:

Speaking of Bills coming through against Jacksonville, J.P. Losman looked poised, sharp and accurate in the clutch. He's not out of the woods yet, though. Still too inaccurate.

Sure, Pete. Thanks for the praise of JP, but Jesus, how accurate does he have to be to qualify? From Buffalobills.com:

(Losman's) 63.79% completion rate this season currently stands third on the Bills all-time single season list. Only Kelly Holcomb and Jim Kelly have better completion rate seasons.

:doh:

If you're going to slam King, do it for this one:

Sure, Pete.  Thanks for the praise of JP, but Jesus, how accurate does he have to be to qualify?  From Buffalobills.com:

:D

850048[/snapback]

Agreed.

As much as I think Tom Brady is a fantastic QB and I'd take him over everyone else in the league, King's obsession with The Golden Boy is a bit overboard. I only mention this because JP has a higher completion percentage than Brady (and Pennington, who King also spends a good deal of time ballwashing), yet JP is the one who is "still too inaccurate."

In the end, who cares. This is just ANOTHER case of the national media making assumptions based on four or five mintues of game tape they watch per game. Losman is "not" many things, but one thing he "is," fortunately, is "accurate."

While commending Brian Moorman's so-far record setting punting this season (ave. over 40 yards a kick), King, a tremendous D-Bag with an ego as large as his ass, underlined his point about Moorman by commenting that he punts in the "Hades of NFL environs."  WTF?  I realize the Ralph isn't state of the art and the weather can be bad, but do the Bills really play football in a dump comparable to Hell?  By the way Peter, it was 60+ degrees yesterday for the game here in Buffalo.

Sports Illustrated

849987[/snapback]

I think 'Hades of NFL environs' is kinda accurate.

I think 'Hades of NFL environs' is kinda accurate.

850168[/snapback]

Actually Hades wasn't that bad environmentally heck a musician named Orpheus was able to navigate his way through it no problem, it was getting back up without looking at his wife that was the hard part. It's mostly filled with water, gates, and the actual topography of it changes depending on the tale you read. It does have Tartarus which would be a royal pain to play in, but it also has the Elysian Fields which are pretty nice, Cerberus is only a problem if you try to break the rules. :D

If anything Poseidon’s seas would be more of an issue, just ask Odysseus.

My point, and maybe I didn't make it clear enough, is that King's metaphor was just totally ridiculous and indicative of the complete hosing the bills consistently receive by king and many others in the national football media (Berman excepted). king is no scribe, he is a windbag with connections in the league that allow him to break stories early. And last I checked (I lived in Boston for 4 years) Gillette had some pretty consistent brutal winds as well, and soldier field can't be a picnic to punt in either. So save the gruesome attempts at symbolism, pete, and just tell us who is making trade inquiries for jake plummer or whomever. :D

While commending Brian Moorman's so-far record setting punting this season (ave. over 40 yards a kick), King, a tremendous D-Bag with an ego as large as his ass, underlined his point about Moorman by commenting that he punts in the "Hades of NFL environs."  WTF?  I realize the Ralph isn't state of the art and the weather can be bad, but do the Bills really play football in a dump comparable to Hell?  By the way Peter, it was 60+ degrees yesterday for the game here in Buffalo.

Sports Illustrated

849987[/snapback]

LOL...as much as i love buffalo and th bills, it is apparent you havent been away from the area. The late fall and winter USUALLY are atrocious

My point, and maybe I didn't make it clear enough, is that King's metaphor was just totally ridiculous and indicative of the complete hosing the bills consistently receive by king and many others in the national football media (Berman excepted).  king is no scribe, he is a windbag with connections in the league that allow him to break stories early.  And last I checked (I lived in Boston for 4 years) Gillette had some pretty consistent brutal winds as well, and soldier field can't be a picnic to punt in either.  So save the gruesome attempts at symbolism, pete, and just tell us who is making trade inquiries for jake plummer or whomever. :lol:

850248[/snapback]

:D

Actually Hades wasn't that bad environmentally heck a musician named Orpheus was able to navigate his way through it no problem, it was getting back up without looking at his wife that was the hard part.  It does have Tartarus which would be a royal pain to play in

850183[/snapback]

Fords suck.