Peter King's Comments This Week

Zulu Cthulhu

While commending Brian Moorman's so-far record setting punting this season (ave. over 40 yards a kick), King, a tremendous D-Bag with an ego as large as his ass, underlined his point about Moorman by commenting that he punts in the "Hades of NFL environs."  WTF?  I realize the Ralph isn't state of the art and the weather can be bad, but do the Bills really play football in a dump comparable to Hell?  By the way Peter, it was 60+ degrees yesterday for the game here in Buffalo.

Sports Illustrated

849987[/snapback]

I can't vouch for your reading skills but that sounded like a HUGE compliment to me. He actually elevated Brian to another level with no equal.

King's obsession with The Golden Boy is a bit overboard.  I only mention this because JP has a higher completion percentage than Brady (and Pennington, who King also spends a good deal of time ballwashing), yet JP is the one who is "still too inaccurate."

850140[/snapback]

King grew up in New England, hence his fantasy for NE sports.

King resides in NJ, hence his fantasy for NY/NJ sports and teams.

My point, and maybe I didn't make it clear enough, is that King's metaphor was just totally ridiculous and indicative of the complete hosing the bills consistently receive by king and many others in the national football media (Berman excepted).  king is no scribe, he is a windbag with connections in the league that allow him to break stories early.  And last I checked (I lived in Boston for 4 years) Gillette had some pretty consistent brutal winds as well, and soldier field can't be a picnic to punt in either.  So save the gruesome attempts at symbolism, pete, and just tell us who is making trade inquiries for jake plummer or whomever. :censored:

850248[/snapback]

Yea, I think you're missing the point here. I despise Peter King, but I did not take this comment as any kind of slight against Buffalo. His point was just that as GREAT as Moorman has been, you don't realize HOW great, unless you understand that he punts in probably the stadium with the least desirable conditions.

While commending Brian Moorman's so-far record setting punting this season (ave. over 40 yards a kick), King, a tremendous D-Bag with an ego as large as his ass, underlined his point about Moorman by commenting that he punts in the "Hades of NFL environs."  WTF?  I realize the Ralph isn't state of the art and the weather can be bad, but do the Bills really play football in a dump comparable to Hell?  By the way Peter, it was 60+ degrees yesterday for the game here in Buffalo.

Sports Illustrated

849987[/snapback]

The old saying goes, "weather without wind is always good". Wind blows. The field at the Ralph is ridiculously windy. Sunday it was warm, sunny and CALM in the upper deck and the lots surrounding the stadium, but on the field the wind was whipping around and altering the flight of the football. We don't need a dome in Buffalo, but it would be nice if The Hawk wasn't a factor in at least 6 of 8 games every year, because the weather really isn't THAT bad in Orchard Park.