I am glad that if the Bills move

Arkady Renko

There was ad for an Indy Colts DVD during the Sunday Night Football game talking about the proud heritage of the Indianapolis Colts showing the Super Bowl win, Unitas, etc.

It's rather disgusting to try to connect the Baltimore Colts' history with that of Indianapolis.

849871[/snapback]

Amen. That town does not deserve any NFL team, let alone the Colts.

Amen. That town does not deserve any NFL team, let alone the Colts.

849878[/snapback]

The DVD is like if your wife left you for another guy and got married to him. At their 10th anniversary, they have a retrospective of all of their good memories together and include pictures of vacations YOU took with her.

There was ad for an Indy Colts DVD during the Sunday Night Football game talking about the proud heritage of the Indianapolis Colts showing the Super Bowl win, Unitas, etc.

It's rather disgusting to try to connect the Baltimore Colts' history with that of Indianapolis.

849871[/snapback]

Did I miss something?

The DVD is like if your wife left you for another guy and got married to him. At their 10th anniversary, they have a retrospective of all of their good memories together and include pictures of vacations YOU took with her.

849887[/snapback]

Thanks for reminding me of THAT whore again...

:D:lol::lol:

For those who didn't get the point of the original post and this topic:

1. Note that I said that "IF the Bills move..."

2. My point was that with the Colts it appeared in the commercial for the DVD that they were trying to link back to the history of the BALTIMORE Colts, which seems disgusting way to treat the old Baltimore fans (my father being one of them--he has since adopted the Bills as I chose them as my team while I grew up in Central NY).

3. How does this relate to the Bills? Well, if the same thing happened to the Bills if they ever moved it would be very disgusting. (Imagine a Los Angeles Bills talking about their storied history, like the greatest comeback and how awesome Kelly was in some feel-good DVD about the history of the LOS ANGELES BILLS). The advantage of the Bills name is that IF the team ever moved, most likely the team would take a NEW name--making it harder to link back to the old history of the Buffalo Bills and add insult to injury to us fans. (AGAIN, I am not saying that the Bills will move or are in the process of moving.)

4. The post really wasn't about the Bills; it was about how crappy it was for the NFL and the Indianapolis Colts to run this commercial FU to the old Baltimore fans.

5. I KNOW THAT MOST PEOPLE DON'T CARE AND DON'T CARE ABOUT THIS EXPLANATION. However, a small market fanbase like we have here should be mindful of what has happened to past loyal fan bases (Baltimore Colts, Cleveland Browns, etc) and be somewhat sympathetic to that.